Hi fellow "Completionist" Hunters!

Omirid

Welcome to the site.  A lot of players try to have 100% trophy lists, but with so many game glitches, sometimes a perfect list isn't obtainable, unless you replay games you already know for sure that all trophies will pop.  Good Luck!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spyro said:

Welcome aboard! :D

Thanks! :D 

8 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Welcome to the site! Enjoy your stay and happy hunting!

Thanks, you too! 

8 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Welcome to the site.  A lot of players try to have 100% trophy lists, but with so many game glitches, sometimes a perfect list isn't obtainable, unless you replay games you already know for sure that all trophies will pop.  Good Luck!

Thanks! Yeah most definitely it can be a pain. I ran into this issue on a previous account of mine in the past where I ended up putting in a game which was unobtainable due to server issues and a game breaking glitch which prevented the platinum. Hence why I take precautions before settling on a game, and I use a second account to test out games which I feel interested in completing before putting them on my completionist profile. I find this way to work quite well, but it's not for everyone though. It's more of a chore rather than playing games for the fun of them, but it works well for me. :) 

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Welcome. Nice work on RDR. I still need to beat the story mode for that one!

I don't really think much of a 100% account tbh. It never really impresses me. Not nearly as much as UR plats/trophies.

Thanks! RDR is one of my all time favourite games and I've played it so much in the past that I knew quite well how to efficiently get the platinum done. Only thing I was concerned about was the dead online, which I got quite a lot of help from friends of mine who have played/completed the game. The story mode is amazing and getting the trophies is quite fun at times, especially when you go for Redeemed trophy, getting 100% completion in story mode is fun. 

I too feel like ultra rare platinum's and trophies are much more respectable over a huge pile of platinum's. I've seen so many people getting stacked games, horrendously easy platinum's for the sake of it and what not. I mean, each to their own I guess and if you find satisfaction in it then by all means go for it, but it's not my cup of tea. :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Omirid said:

I too feel like ultra rare platinum's and trophies are much more respectable over a huge pile of platinum's. I've seen so many people getting stacked games, horrendously easy platinum's for the sake of it and what not. I mean, each to their own I guess and if you find satisfaction in it then by all means go for it, but it's not my cup of tea. :) 

Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm not against playing easy games. I mean, my collection is full of Telltale games and other easy plats, but I think the WHY you play it is important. I find no joy or sense of accomplishment in playing games like Mr. Massagy, Energy Cycle, or My name is Mayo, but like you said, to each their own. It's not like someone else's list affects how I play.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm not against playing easy games. I mean, my collection is full of Telltale games and other easy plats, but I think the WHY you play it is important. I find no joy or sense of accomplishment in playing games like Mr. Massagy, Energy Cycle, or My name is Mayo, but like you said, to each their own. It's not like someone else's list affects how I play.

Yep. I haven't got anything against Telltale game hoarders since their earlier stuff is quite decent, especially The Walking Dead games and Wolf Among Us. So I know I'll be putting some of those on my list since I enjoy them. But I've also seen a lot of people frowning upon other hunters for having so many of them in their collection, kind of like the whole Hannah Montana platinum thing back in the day. But if you enjoy a certain franchise, or genre then go for it. The beauty of trophy hunting and having a site like this is the diversity that you see with different people's profile. I get inspiration from different people's collections which helps sculpt my own personal trophy hunting experience, helps me find and enjoy different genres of games that I probably would never have even played and much more. And you're so right on that last part. It's not like someone else's list is going to make me lose sleep at night if I don't particularly agree with certain games they've played. :) 

Hello @Omirid Welcome to the site!

Glad to hear you are back on Sony's side as far as achievements go. I guess that "pling!" notification was too much to resist, right? ;) I see you will be going through the route of the 100% completion profile. That's one mighty and hard route to follow. Kudos to you for being sure of the kind of profile you want to have, I respect that. Personally, I'm not into 100% completion for the most part (as you can see by my messy, all-over-the-place profile that I have) but I do enjoy the games I play and try my best to get a Platinum or a 100% completion if it is within the realm of my possibilities. I try to focus more on having a good time and getting everything done, if possible :)

Anyways, hope you have a good time around here and that you get to enjoy the hobby in your own particular way. If you ever need help with the online of GTA IV, let me know as I am also pending to do most of the online there for the Platinum. See ya around! :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Hello @Omirid Welcome to the site!

Glad to hear you are back on Sony's side as far as achievements go. I guess that "pling!" notification was too much to resist, right? ;) I see you will be going through the route of the 100% completion profile. That's one mighty and hard route to follow. Kudos to you for being sure of the kind of profile you want to have, I respect that. Personally, I'm not into 100% completion for the most part (as you can see by my messy, all-over-the-place profile that I have) but I do enjoy the games I play and try my best to get a Platinum or a 100% completion if it is within the realm of my possibilities. I try to focus more on having a good time and getting everything done, if possible :)

Anyways, hope you have a good time around here and that you get to enjoy the hobby in your own particular way. If you ever need help with the online of GTA IV, let me know as I am also pending to do most of the online there for the Platinum. See ya around! :D

Cheers! Feel free to send me a friend request if you ever want to boost GTA IV I'll be down. :) 

• Like 1