Disgusting frame rate drop?

Zach

This is the first time this has happened to me in an Assassin's Creed game. It's so bad that I'm literally dropping to 1 frame per second. It doesn't happen often, but it's quite annoying. Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm on the Pro, but I've only experienced what other people have been saying, i.e. -- pretty steady for the most part in-game, but cutscenes for some reason are a little rough and noticeably dip to lower frames quite regularly (though I would say probably in the low to mid 20's but nothing ridiculous... the very early "sacrifice" cutscene was a huge offender of the dip, and was really rough to watch).

• Like 1

I don't play on a Pro. I have sometimes the same issues. Slide Show... I just restart the game and it's done.

Sometimes the game freezes while running. I can still move the camera around, but nothing moves. And then it goes on as if nothing happened.

On a Pro, and this happened to me twice so far. Though it's not really 1 fps in my case, more like half a second of normal frame rate then freeze for 1 sec, over and over. Both times happening in a fort with multiple enemies around. Don't know if that's related, but that's annoying for sure, since you have to close down the app every time. The second time at least  I managed to crawl out of the fort, 1 frame at a time, quicksave and then close ...

5 minutes ago, Kassandra said:

I think I have it on at all times, is that where you can choose stable frame rate or better graphics? I chose stable frame rate.

I went into the settings to check and it actually only affects games that came out before the PRO so nevermind haha 

I've had this happen twice - both time when I was only against a couple of enemies in a bandit camp. The first time it fixed itself when I started to try to run away from the fight and was fine when I ran back to it, but the second time it actually froze on the single frame. Music still going at normal speed though.

A little annoying - just have to make sure that I save a little more frequently.