Any tips to finding higher ranked mercenaries?

Quink666

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

I'm still in the lower tiers myself (haven't really been focusing on them), but I think I found a tier 3 one once.  Whenever I come across new ones on the map, I do go close to them to at least have them discovered.

Yeah ive done that everytime ive seen once. Im still missing 2 tier 3 1 tier 2 and the tier 1 merc. No idea how to find them. 

1 minute ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah ive done that everytime ive seen once. Im still missing 2 tier 3 1 tier 2 and the tier 1 merc. No idea how to find them. 

Maybe in the higher areas? Hard to say at the moment, since as I said, I'm only tier... 7 I think now, can't remember.  So finding the real high ones could be tough.  Maybe Athens has some?

• Like 1

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Maybe in the higher areas? Hard to say at the moment, since as I said, I'm only tier... 7 I think now, can't remember.  So finding the real high ones could be tough.  Maybe Athens has some?

Yeah i tried looking for them there but no luck so far. Guess ill just start killing off mercs 2 ranks higher, even though i only get one rank from it and need to find another afterwards.

I met the Tier 1 - Merc at Pilgrim's Landing in Phokis. Standing around with his bear.

And I got already some information about others from Tier 2 and 3. I'm just killing every Mercenary who comes after me. You get usually information about others when you loot them.

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Have you tried the arena?

Speaking of that, the one you fight in the arena (or at least, he's on the list with the arena icon), does he show up in a certain one by chance? I don't wish to know which, just want to make sure him showing up random in a wave isn't what happens.

20 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Speaking of that, the one you fight in the arena (or at least, he's on the list with the arena icon), does he show up in a certain one by chance? I don't wish to know which, just want to make sure him showing up random in a wave isn't what happens.

I haven't gone to it yet but I think arena ones are arena specific

Just now, Taliesin_2943 said:

I haven't gone to it yet but I think arena ones are arena specific

Ah, cause I tried one, beat it, but will do the other ones later on.  But the first one I didn't come across one, but again, not sure if that was random or not.

As for higher ranked ones, I would assume in cities or towns they would be, like Athens as an example.  I do have one of the tier 3 ones revealed to myself.