should i skip this game?

melodicmizery

ive read nothing but bad things about this game in the past with people leaving and stuff. with it being free im tempted to try it but i dont think i should lol. my friend brought it over on his ps4 once and showed me the single player and it seemed...well ok but nothing to great. with it being free this month should i even bother or is it still the annoying mess its always been with people leaving if they arent jason and etc etc

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

ive read nothing but bad things about this game in the past with people leaving and stuff. with it being free im tempted to try it but i dont think i should lol. my friend brought it over on his ps4 once and showed me the single player and it seemed...well ok but nothing to great. with it being free this month should i even bother or is it still the annoying mess its always been with people leaving if they arent jason and etc etc

It doesn't matter if they quit because you have to boost the 2000 matches with a friend anyway unless you want to spend several hours a day playing friday the 13th for the next 5 years legit.  It's a 100% boost game.  No trophy hunter has played 1000 jason matches legit and for that matter probably nobody in the world has considering it would take about 8000 matches to be jason 1000 times via matchmaking.  You will be tired of playing the game for fun after about 30 to 50 counselor matches and at that point you will be ready to boost everything from that point on.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

with friends yes you can play fine but without friends nope,dont try to play

Edited by locoporkko
  • Like 1

Me and a bunch of my friends play this every Friday evening. We almost all have the platinum for this game after a considerable grind which wasn't the best fun, but playing this legit since then has been really good. With my group, we have had some really funny games over the last year or so and we all find it a great way to unwind after going for trophys all week. In short, it's a mind numb of a grindfest, but awesome fun with friends.

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting much of this game, but it's actually become insanely addictive for me, and I generally don't like multiplayer games. I wasn't a fan of Dead by Daylight when that was free a few months ago either.

Friday the 13th is glitchy, it's kinda broken, the graphics aren't great and the gameplay isn't perfect, but that somehow just adds to its charm, like a true B-movie classic. No way in hell am I ever going to attempt the platinum for this game, but it's highly enjoyable. Since it's free, I don't see why you shouldn't at least try it out. You've got nothing to lose (aside from a bit of HDD space).

If you've ever played Evolve, this game reminds me quite a bit of that. Evolve was also another rather broken and glitchy mess, but unique and enjoyable enough to keep me playing on and off from launch until the servers were mostly shut down recently.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

Between this game and DBD i prefer this one .. playing as Jason 1000 times can be boring but doing DBD alone and with the DLC trophies knowing that the community is toxic for me i'll choose ft13th. the only negative thing is to see groups of friends working with Jason. there is a private game for that ...
The new patch brought dedicated servers, I'm not sure is if it came with host migration . 

The best advice I can give is if you have more than four friends you can play with and you're ignoring trophies then go for it as it's extremely fun, I've been belly laughing sometimes. Any less than that and it becomes less interesting.

Public lobbies are awful, but then again I say that about any public lobby.

Trophy wise, god no, avoid like the plague, not only is it a terrible grind but you're going to need a pen and paper to track your stats. It's a bit of a joke.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i think ill pass since i dont really have a group of friends to play with. i was thinking of playing it for fun but it doesnt seem like a good game to play unless youo know the others playing is what im hearing. is it only temp free with ps plus? or as long as you have ps plus you have it. 

The free games only work for as long as your subscription is active but once it expires, all the feebies become useless paperweights on your Hard Drive until you either renew your subscription or fork out the neccessery cash to rebuy the games.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

16 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i think ill pass since i dont really have a group of friends to play with. i was thinking of playing it for fun but it doesnt seem like a good game to play unless youo know the others playing is what im hearing. is it only temp free with ps plus? or as long as you have ps plus you have it. 

You dont need a "group of friends to play"  you just need 2 friends to kill jason, and 1 to boost 1000 kills with counselors and jason and most of trophies.
Ps plus games aren't temporary free,  as long as you have the ps plus subscriber you can play whenever you want

If you're only going to play it for the trophies, then no. If you want to have a bit of fun, then yes. It is a lot better as a group, though. I've met quite a few people whilst playing and had more fun that way.

If you are looking to get the plat for this game then I'd recommend doing it over a reasonable time span. For myself, I'm aiming for it over the next 6 months or so.

Oh, and if you do boost then remember to do it in private matches. I've come across a few boosters in public matches and it's no wonder trophy hunters have a bad rep within the gaming community.

Edited by Cyvnyde

23 minutes ago, Cyvnyde said:

If you're only going to play it for the trophies, then no. If you want to have a bit of fun, then yes. It is a lot better as a group, though. I've met quite a few people whilst playing and had more fun that way.

If you are looking to get the plat for this game then I'd recommend doing it over a reasonable time span. For myself, I'm aiming for it over the next 6 months or so.

Oh, and if you do boost then remember to do it in private matches. I've come across a few boosters in public matches and it's no wonder trophy hunters have a bad rep within the gaming community.

If trophies are boostable in private matches in the game then it’s a dick move to boost in public matches where people just want to play normally. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/10/2018 at 2:17 PM, BrettyBoy said:

If trophies are boostable in private matches in the game then it’s a dick move to boost in public matches where people just want to play normally. 

Agreed. Everything is obtainable in private matches. Just came across a group of people boosting it in a public match. Confirmed by behaviour in-game and the fact they have PSNP profiles. The devs have given people the easy way out for the trophies yet they still decide to try and ruin the experience for those playing the game legit. 

7 hours ago, Cyvnyde said:

Agreed. Everything is obtainable in private matches. Just came across a group of people boosting it in a public match. Confirmed by behaviour in-game and the fact they have PSNP profiles. The devs have given people the easy way out for the trophies yet they still decide to try and ruin the experience for those playing the game legit. 

I know right?