MidnightDragon

Will you change your PSN ID?

Will you change your PSN ID?   544 members have voted

1. 1. Will you change your PSN ID?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

184 posts in this topic

Unless you've been under a rock, you would know Sony announced that PSN ID name changes will begin beta testing soon with full rollout in early 2019. My question is this: will you change it? I probably won't. Like my PSN ID.

No I won't. I did change my ID once, a few years ago, by creating a new account... I had Level 13 and just over 1k trophies. I didn't want to sacrifice them, but I didn't like my ID at all. I regained the vast majority of them, but some became unobtainable. If I'd have had the choice to keep them, I would have. I don't think I can change my name anyway, I only have a PS3.

Edited by Midnightwards666

Nope. I used the ID I have for basically everything where I have to create accounts. I love and live that name, so I have no need of changing it.

But it's nice for people to finally have that chance though I will never have the need of it :D

No, I'm Lorajet, forever and ever!  Pretty happy with it.....

No. I made this account with this name when I got my PS3 in 2010. I still like it so therefore I will keep it.

No, been using this name for 18 years on various platforms 

Edited by SnowxSakura

Yes, I'm definitely gonna change it because my ID carries a community tag from a Gran Turismo community I used to race with way back in 2009. I stuck with it when I started trophyhunting but I've been wanting to get rid of the tag for a few years now.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

I'm not sure yet. If I do, it's not going to be completely different, but some variant of Undead Wolf. I like my name, but I'm not really a fan of all the underscores and the "N7" part. It depends on what is available really, but I remember when I created my PSN ID, a lot of my previous attempts at writing the name were already taken, so I had to settle for what I did.

I hope Sony end up freeing up a ton of PSN ID's that have been long dormant. That would help a lot.

Don't need to.

I'm hopeful that with this, we'll see a hell of a lot more unique names. As usual, I'll probably end up disappointed though.

Hell no. I love this account name and even if I didn't, I wouldn't risk being able to play my old games just for a new name. 

Just made this account and it will stay as it is <3

I'll change it if they guarantee 100% compatibility with old-gen content, both offline and multiplayer. Which is unlikely anyway, so screw it lol.

Edited by Lance_87

Nope.  Especially since we don't know yet what might be affected by it, but I wouldn't change it even if nothing happened.  

Well, i want to change it, but it's  because the one I wanted to use was used by someone with 0 trophies... Now it's free and even if it will be not, I would use different one instead of one I have right now.

Yes, I’m definitely going to change my ID. I hate it. Having the ability to change it here was my main reason for upgrading to premium and I feel much more comfortable like this.

However, like I already said in the other thread, I want to be sure that I’ll still be able to play my favorite multiplayer games on PS3 and Vita, like Uncharted 3, NFS: MW or Killzone Mercenary. My love for multiplayer is stronger than everything else.

Thy name is awesome!!! Midnight Dragon!!!

Edited by Divecomb

I'll see if I can work something about with the person who has the ID I want. :P 

Just now, SunnyCrappyYT said:

I'll see if I can work something about with the person who has the ID I want. :P 

From the way it was worded, you'll still have your old ID, the new one will become the primary one everyone sees whereas your original one will be the sub ID 

3 minutes ago, Divecomb said:

Is this thee, Ferry.

Uh...I don't think so.

I don't know. Probably don't, i'm used to it, but includes my real name AND surname and it seems a little risky.

What will be interesting is that there are SO MANY great names out there already.  Can you imagine trying to come up with a name that isn't already used?  I mean, all the game character names have been used.  Maybe a lot more hyphens or XX names will show up?