MidnightDragon

Will you change your PSN ID?  

545 members have voted

1. 1. Will you change your PSN ID?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

The day has come for a new beginning!!!

My gamertag has been with me for a long time. 

Even on PSNP I use it when I dont need to.

But I would definitely modify it if I could on PSN.

Nah.

In giving up on caring about trophies/achievements, I've finally settled on my favorite name and gotten it consistent among 90% of the relevant gaming platforms.  If I changed it now, it'd be taking this name off of this account... and creating a new account with this name for a fresh start trophy-wise.  And I just don't think I care enough for that.

Because there's a chance of some games not working again after an ID change, I will definitely be waiting for a long time before changing it. I'll at least make sure I'm completely finished with what I intend to do on the PS3 console before changing it. The ID change really only benefits the future, because games made before April 2018 aren't going to have ID changes show up correctly. Either way, I'm not happy with my current ID but I'd rather be unhappy with my ID and still have the opportunity to play what I want than be happy with an ID and find out half my games aren't compatible with the ID change. 

• Like 1

I will... but only after making sure it doesn't mess with my old saves and trophies. I don't really care about multiplayer, since I already have all the online trophies for my games (and I hate online multiplayer anyway), so I'll be fine in that regard.

Saves + Trophies > PSN Name. After making sure it's safe, then I'll change it.

• Like 2

In one side I want my original account name back, on other I'm already feel ok with current. It's all depends on how it will be implement, cuz if I had to add countless numbers and symbols to use may be common word - no, thanks. Glad that I did it enough early with Bloodytears without painful number combinations.

I probably will change my name as long as I don't lose my digital games or trophies.
and will likely get the premium membership on this site and change it here as well.

I probably would've just made a new account but I do have like 100+ PSN avatars on this account that I bought and those can't be used on another account and some of the trophies I would probably never be able to get again either that I have like due to servers going offline.

If I had made this account a mere few months ago, I probably would.

But it's far too late for me to change names. I made this account in early 2013 and I feel that unless Sony notifies people what your previous name was, none of the PSN friends I have made over the years will know who I am.

I want to change to something less silly and meaningless.

I never expected this to be such a long lasting thing when I signed up back in the day and thought it's like just some other crap you sign up for back then. Then my profile synced all my trophies and within a few months I realised the implications lol. 

Online and especially online gaming was new to me back then.

Eh, maybe.

I made this dumb name in 2010 to download a demo of Battlefront 4 on my PSP, I didn't think anyone would ever see it. I ended up buying a lot of stuff on my PSP with it by the time I got my PS3 a year and a bit later, so I wasn't just gonna get a new account, and so it carried over. It's not the worst name I've ever seen, but it's far from the best, however, I couldn't really care less. The only reason I'd change it is because there's some loser out there who uses it on other things. Like if you Google "stoogebag" you'll find this guy's Twitch, Facebook, Twitter (I think), Google Play page thing, and some other stuff too. The guy's name is Brian, doesn't seem like a bad guy or anything, but I only have the stupid name because I thought it was stupid enough no one else would be using it ever, nope. Well, he can have the PSN name "stoogebagged" (as he does), but I have the real one. Anyway, if they let you change into someone else's old name, which I doubt, I'd probably hit the guy up and see if he wants it because I have no loyalty to such a dumb bloody name.

But then, if I ditch it, I'd actually have to think of a name, and tbh there's not much lamer than people who give a shit about their online name. I'd probably just make something stupid again and the cycle continues. 

Either way, I probably won't though, as Sony are NOTORIOUSLY BAD at PSN account stuff. Just look at

This https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/43ebpd/the-long-weird-story-explaining-why-i-bid-dollar700-for-a-stolen-psn-account

Or this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_PlayStation_Network_outage

And this https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/7ynacz/just_got_banned_from_psn_for_a_username_that_i/

So when they say it won't work in all games, it means to me that they've taken nearly 15 years to allow you to put a mask on over your *real* name that will always be your *real* name. So I'd still be gallivanting around as stoogebag, but people in new games might see me under my new name, "ThePlayerFormerlyKnownAsStoogebag". Big whoop.

Though that being said, the player formerly known as gag would be pretty funny, maybe I'll make that my name.

Im curious if beta testers will get the names first or will it just be for testing and theyll clear those. Would suck if the name be taken again....