MidnightDragon

Will you change your PSN ID?

Will you change your PSN ID?   544 members have voted

1. 1. Will you change your PSN ID?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

184 posts in this topic

Maybe. Not sure what I'd choose, though.

And I wouldn't do it until I have clear confirmation that it won't screw anything up somewhere down the line.

Yep.  Mine's not even a name.  It's not even spelled correctly, even though we don't even have an "ä" button.  But that doesn't stop them from telling me that.

I'll keep mine, but mainly because I'm not creative enough to come up with a better one.

Edited by TheLakota

so basically changing it. I just cant play,ps3 or old games online correct? but I can still play ps3 games and earn trophies? and online wouldnt bother me. I normally play current online games if any at all. 

Never

and im sure the vast majority of names are already taken, as this was an existing issue already

Not anymore. I started this profile a year go because I thought Sony would never let us change our names. Welp. I had 166 Platinum trophies but I'm happy with this one now

Yes. I have wanted a new username for years but I could never bring myself to make a new account because I don't want to lose my trophy data.

I will

I called myself "OP" without even knowing the word Overpowered  (it stands for something else) and know people in online games are assuming I am some try hard

Most likely just taking the OP out and instead adding 241213 the date I met my boyfriend 

Nope. I have this username on pretty much everything so unless I can think of a better name for streaming/marketing purposes, I'm gonna keep my name. It's nice to have the option though.

Eh... Catch 22 I suppose.. I mean it's been with me pretty much since console ID's have been a thing.. But I don't listen to the band 311 anymore so the 311 attached to my name JayBizzle is kinda irrelevant now.

However it would be kind of strange changing it to something new after all these years...

Yeah, why not? I'm sure there's plenty Hyperdimension Neptunia characters to cycle through whenever I get bored with my name every two weeks. 🙄

19 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

Yeah, why not? I'm sure there's plenty Hyperdimension Neptunia characters to cycle through whenever I get bored with my name every two weeks. 🙄

You must be rich, its not free.

As of today, I most likely will not be changing my PSN username. It (MossyOakRcn42) is a throwback to my fun online racing days back on both NASCAR '08 and NASCAR '09 with my PS3 and the race team I was apart of for racing on those games (MossyOak Racing).

Perhaps down the road I will change it to something else, but as of now, I am good with my current username. 

What a useless feature! If i want a new username, i simply create a new account and keep the old one as well, cause it's worth a few thousand dollars already :) nuff said 

Definitely not changing it, I’ve gotten too attached to this name, as I’ve been using it since 2009, my only hope (and this is unrelated) is that I can carry on this account to another generation.

Thinking about it, my current ID is too obtuse and nondescript.

Although I wonder how PSNprofiles will handle it and how it affects trophies, etc. I'll wait it out.

13 hours ago, SarDarniTron said:

No. But i am anxiously looking forward when Sony plans to add  "Change Country of residence " option for psn users, which poses a huge barrier for migrators.

Yes sir, same here. 

It would be nice to drop the '-de'-postfix rom my account name but the problem is that the base name was already taken. And the base name crimsonidol is my common internet handle by now so it's unlikely that I will ever change to a different one.

And as I'm still playing quite a lot on my PS3 and Vita I'm afraid that there would be a whole bunch of games that will have trouble if I would change my name so it's even less likely that I will ever change the name.

Yep I am waiting for this since I got my ps4. But the profile is more important than my name so I dealed with it until now.

My name has an important meaning to me and my boyfriend, and when we created it we played ps3, only offline and earned trophies together to have fun. We never thought about the trolls getting it all wrong. We no longer play together since he is more the PC type of Gamer and all platinum are mine anyway bc I became the hunter and he lost interest in trophies. But it's something we created together. now trolls harass me almost every day, at least every day I play something online/mp where they see my name bc they don't know the meaning. 

So I will change it to something that is more me and less missunderstandable to others.

1 hour ago, Akechi-no-Yabou said:

Yes sir, same here. 

I'd rather see unified regions, but that's pretty unlikely to happen.

Nope, I'm keeping this one.

Nope, never will. Even though it's nothing special at all, and I even had to add numbers because my initial choice was already taken, I just connect so many great memories with it. Same with my profile picture. I have been using Professor Genki since I had the account and never changed it once :D It just... belongs to my account somehow. Same with the name.