Thumper Bitching Thread... Or help thread? Maybe both

AiManiaTrophyhuntres

27 minutes ago, Baker said:

I’m currently stuck on 6-19 for two hours and can someone explain why the hell this isn’t an S rank?

Starting from 0:38 in your video, you miss a lot of those orange 'bars' that you actually have to destroy instead of avoid. There are 2 more section like this later in the sublevel where the same thing happens. If you hit all those, you should get an S rank.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dzware said:

Starting from 0:38 in your video, you miss a lot of those orange 'bars' that you actually have to destroy instead of avoid. There are 2 more section like this later in the sublevel where the same thing happens. If you hit all those, you should get an S rank.

Yeah. After watching the S rank video guide again I figured as much. I thought doing thumps there would actually increase my score. I guess not. Ah well. Back to 6-1...

On 8/6/2019 at 2:02 AM, AiManiaTrophyhuntres said:

Okay?

I don't understand that. when I remember correctly there are a lot moment where I have to get them just make sure to do everything else right...

and I never got an S rank when I missed them. Well I will just try again and experiment a bit xD

Thanks^^

There are definitely sections late in the game where you have to hit everything to get S rank

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 4:33 AM, Baker said:

Alright for me this game is tough as nails, thanks to my poor reaction time, but so far I’ve been scraping through it.

I’m currently stuck on 6-19 for two hours and can someone explain why the hell this isn’t an S rank?

If I compare it with the S rank video in the guide he even takes damage. It’s even a B rank. I don’t quite see where I can improve much here...

Edit:

Shit. Because I recorded this video I’m now starting at 6-20 with no turning back to 6-19 which has the B rank. Now I can play through all the levels again. That was so stupid ?.

I believe I know why. Been a while since I've got the plat, but you only had 7 perfect turns, you need more than that for sure. You know it's a perfect turn because it makes that little squeak noise when you hit the corners. Apologies if you've already got the S Rank, but thought I'd give my 2 cents.

16 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

I believe I know why. Been a while since I've got the plat, but you only had 7 perfect turns, you need more than that for sure. You know it's a perfect turn because it makes that little squeak noise when you hit the corners. Apologies if you've already got the S Rank, but thought I'd give my 2 cents.

Well thanks but you’re wrong. Perfect turns are not necessary to get S Ranks. As stated above, it was because I missed too much orange bars. 

5 minutes ago, Baker said:

Well thanks but you’re wrong. Perfect turns are not necessary to get S Ranks. As stated above, it was because I missed too much orange bars. 

Oh well, I missed a bunch of orange bars on Stage 9, but had 20 perfect turns and still got S Rank

Grades are based on the percentage of stuff you hit right: thump pads hit (regardless of whether they were smashed or not), perfect turns made, and orange bars and blue rings hit. It'll also help if you don't take damage. So you can miss some orange bars, as long as you do well on other things ( Like Perfect Turns ) You have to hit around 95% off stuff for an S

Edited by SecondGenesis

• 2 weeks later...

It's more like the perfect turns are a huge bonus. The more you turn perfect the more bonus points you can get. And bonuspoints can replace the points you missed somewhere else.

Basically it is neccessary to hit every thumb right, every turn and every orange thingy on the ground and so on, and if you miss one ere two of them you can still get the best rank by hitting at least 3 turns perfectly. around 3 perfect turns can make up for one mistake somewhere else but it also depends on the mistake. some are just unforgiving.

• 1 month later...

I came here looking for tips. I can't get past level 5 S-Rank...can't even think about what level 9 S-Ranks are gonna be like....

Btw, I came across this cool video with the two devs talking about the development of this AWESOME game.

Sharing it in case anyone wants to see. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just got the platinum yesterday. I really liked it overall! I've always been very good at rhythm games (I guess being a drummer helps :D ), so it wasn't that overwhelmingly hard to S-rank levels. Some levels of course needed countless replays, but I was quite consistently making progress. Funnily enough people have been talking about how mentally exhausting this is --> personally I felt it almost meditative in VR :D Getting in the flow and mastering each level.

But gotta say the very last level of chapter 9 (Level infinite) can piss off --> the only level where you really can't trust any rhythm --> it felt so cheap and annoying.

Edited by CitizenMasi
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Maybe an unpopular opinion, I felt the very end of the game (9-28) was completely anticlimactic and went against the core mechanic of the game. I feel like it should have ended at 9-27 as a fast paced ending. I’m being vague to avoid spoiling the game for anyone els as it really is a great game overall.  

On 31/01/2022 at 10:54 AM, CitizenMasi said:

Just got the platinum yesterday. I really liked it overall! I've always been very good at rhythm games (I guess being a drummer helps :D ), so it wasn't that overwhelmingly hard to S-rank levels. Some levels of course needed countless replays, but I was quite consistently making progress. Funnily enough people have been talking about how mentally exhausting this is --> personally I felt it almost meditative in VR :D Getting in the flow and mastering each level.

But gotta say the very last level of chapter 9 (Level infinite) can piss off --> the only level where you really can't trust any rhythm --> it felt so cheap and annoying.

Wished I had seen this before I posted, I agree with your thoughts on the infinite level