Finally platted after getting Champion at last

Evertonian

So after just a mere three years, I managed to finally plat this game last night.

The two outstanding trophies I had to get were the 10 Blessings and the Champion beat every enemy at least once ones

I had tried for hours to get those over the years and every guide I read or tip I found seemed to point to different methods and on the Champion one, different requirements. But for me none of these ideas seem to work

Anyway since the Winter Update free dlc was added I had started to try and reach level 30 in endless mode and so I went all in and bought the Wild Cards dlc too. In that there is a player called the Explorer. His trait is that you can move over cards you have already visited without using any food. He also comes with a hat that reveals the exit card as you arrive at a new level. So armed with this I started yet another attempt.

Very early on I got a ring or blessing (cant remember and too lazy to look it up on Wiki now lol) which basically gave me a +1 increase in my max health after each battle for each blessing I had. This combo of attributes is an absolute winner. So you can trawl backwards and forwards to shops and stuff without using extra food and you can see on exit everything available and also on entrance where the next exit is. This allows you to basically manage your game to a large degree. Once you get a decent pile of food you can just focus on bagging enough gold to buy blessings as you find Priest Shops and your max health will quickly make you strong enough to win every battle. I even ended up with the curse that penalises you gold for having health at the end of a fight and so was actually spending time getting hit to bring my health down to next to nothing before killing final enemy. As you don't use food visiting spaces already done you can just then flick from already visited card to card to rebuild your health to max before venturing on.

Other good things to do are to get the Kraken battle won as the helmet helps in battles enormously. Just remember to swap back to Explorer helmet before exiting a level. So with this I got the 10 Blessings done by around floor 18. My health was 500 and I was fully loaded with rings and things.

But after beating every one of the listed enemies including Goblins the Champion still did not pop.

However later on I landed on one of the new Winter update red token cards. By beating this it released the new Hell enemy. A few levels later I got paired to fight 4 of these and then the Champion trophy popped. I was very pleased with that. Getting to level 30 also was not a hard task and I even just gave up at level 31 and allowed myself to be killed so I could claim the tokens.

So I think that the Winter update has added the Hell enemy into the Champion requirement whether you use the Wild Card dlc to get the Explorer or not.

But for me being able to see every card at the end of a level and then retrace steps for free, and seeing the exit at the start, made getting a plan to beat the 30 levels so much more manageable.

And to confirm if you fail a card draw or get lumbered with a battle you don't want or a curse card added you don't like etc then quitting the game immediately and then reloading it places you back at the previous card with no penalty for the Champion or 10 Blessings as I reloaded about 30 times in my attempt and they all popped.

Hope this helps anyone else who has been stuck on these annoying trophies

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Just to poop on your parade, this game was like 4/10 difficulty before the patch due to an exploit related to a blessing card you can now only get on the "easy" difficulty, which you can't play on to get a lot of the trophies, like the trophy for beating the last boss. :P You could basically stack yourself up to draw so many cards and get it just took totally off with practically no way to die. Just had to get lucky with the early cards you encountered. Back then you needed less trophies to get the platinum too, which is why I got base game trophies after the platinum. I hear if you get the DLC, you need all of those trophies to get the plat then too. xD

Edited by MMDE