Any tips for stage 5-9?

How are you trying to do the last bit?

Usually I just make a dash for the exit starting from the 8th banana in the level. I eventually got to the point where I could do it with a fairly decent consistency. Much more consistent than 5-8 or 5-10, anyway.

To beat advanced without continues I basically had to master the first 48 levels and just hoped for the best during the last three. I never got to a point where I could say I was confident I could beat them, so don't worry too much if you can't do them every time.

Just before you get to the smaller platforms is when I tried to gain momentum and dash to the end, if you stay in the middle you usually won’t be thrown off. In my no continue run I actually just found it easier to do the normal way as the smaller platforms only need a small hold of the directional buttons if you’re going at it’s intended pace.

You’ll need your lives for the final level because the conveyor belt is really hard to be consistent on. I probably found that to be the most annoying level in the entire game. The Master levels really aren’t that bad besides 6-8.

Yeah i do what you guys say. Use the momentum and just make a dash for it in the end.

i guess what you say makes sense, that the last levels are too hard to succeed on consistently. Just try to master the first 48 levels.

it’s a shame i gave up back when i did. Because now i have to re-master all those levels. It’s been like 3years since i did those.

23 minutes ago, Dark said:

You’ll need your lives for the final level because the conveyor belt is really hard to be consistent on. I probably found that to be the most annoying level in the entire game. The Master levels really aren’t that bad besides 6-8.

Do you have any advice for any of the master levels?

Pretty much all of them starting 6-4 give me trouble, especially 6-10 and 6-9, which is just nonsense.

21 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Do you have any advice for any of the master levels?

Pretty much all of them starting 6-4 give me trouble, especially 6-10 and 6-9, which is just nonsense.

This video shows the best way to do 6-4 imo. It looks hard to skip the last section like he does it but it’s actually way easier than landing it.

His 6-6 is how I always did it too, if you follow his path then you spare a lot of time at the end. You don’t need to rush the obstacles that push you off that way. 

6-9 was definitely a pain for me when I first started but when you know how to do it it’s not so bad. I just did exactly what he does so there’s not much else I can say. Just make sure you set off that second to last platform when the timer gets to around 34 seconds and when you cross the square platform immediately slow down and hold left or you’ll just fly straight off.

6-10: Again, follow his path. It’s simple until you get to the thin platform, going up and around. When you first get into it just do small bursts going straight and tap right after it so you stay on track. If you keep that pattern to the top you’ll find it easier, when you’re new to the level you won’t be ready to just fly straight up it. The circular thin platform after it is super sensitive, but try to stay close to the spiked object in front of you and when you need to turn, don’t charge forward like you’d expect. Instead just do a small tap of the right button so you’re lined up, and then hold forward. I found if I just dashed to the right after the spiked object and carried on then I’d never make it to the end because of too much sideways momentum. So instead just do that and it should help. 

I hope this doesnt just appear as a wall of text and actually helps you haha. Good luck.

Edited by Dark
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dark said:

I hope this doesnt just appear as a wall of text and actually helps you haha. Good luck.

I finally did it, after all these years :D

It was your advice to slow down and hold left at the end of 6-9 that did the trick. After I started doing that, I managed to get the level finished more often than not. Before, hours of nonstop attempts would go by without me completing it once. I did find it much easier to just do 6-4 the normal way, though.

You mentioned 6-8 earlier, and a lot of people on the videos use that method in the video to skip the level. I never managed to do that, so if it's useful for anyone my method was:

Take the first left, following the bumper that passes at 58 seconds

Quickly move right, left, across, left and reach the first banana at 47 seconds

Face the center, move left and collect the second banana

Wait until the timer hits 29 seconds

Follow the bumper forward, turn left, and then quickly move right to reach the exit

I'm not sure if that's a great explanation, but it's the best I can do with text. It was one of the easier levels for me, doing it like that.

I'm so relieved :D I really thought I'd never be able to do it

CONoB3c.jpg

Also, I had a look at the original Super Monkey Ball. Even the early advanced courses in that game make the master ones here look like nothing. It's crazy

• Like 3