How much time does it take to specifically earn Deterrence.

Hey everyone,

so I'm fighting my way through the whole MGS franchise at the moment and I had a lot of fun. (started with MGS1 and now I'm at Peace Walker) However since Peace Walker takes lots of time to plat and RDR2 is at the door I asked myself if I shouldn't just go straight to MGS5 for both online trophies so I would have them out of the way and wouldn't have to worry about server closure later on. I was thinking of going straight for the Deterrence trophy as soon as possible and then play the game later on from scratch.

From my understanding it's easier to earn resources with game being at 1.00 which I have so my questions is what do I have to aim for in the game to get the trophy as soon as possible. Missions, equipment etc. And how much time would it take me to get there (minus the 24 hours requirement).

It's been quite a while since I played this but if my memory serves me well you'll be looking at an absolute minimum of 20 hours. Could be even more. I seem to think you're not even given the option to make a nuke until fairly late in the game and then you have to grind materials for it too. Sorry I can't be more specific but it's been a while. 

• 11 months later...

I know it's been a while since this has been asked, but I just answer it anyway for others when they read this.

I pretty much rushed through the game until I could build a nuke ( I got all achievements a few years ago on Xbox One before I switched to PS4 completely, so I had some experience with the game to rush it ), I grinded the ressources and idled to process the ressources to building a nuke.

Overall from the scratch it took around 2 days ( 10 hours each day ) to reach the "building a nuke" part and 3 days for grind and idling. and + 24 hours to actually building a nuke.

so around less then a week you should expect.

• Like 1