Haven't seen anyone mentioning this, so I gotta ask.

I got the game a couple of days ago and played it for a bit. I'm still in the first town (put it's name in spoilers just in case)

Spoiler

The Hidden Village of Erin

and just by walking around in it, the fan of my PS4 Pro makes an excessive amount of noise. It's even worse during cutscenes. The game runs fine and all, so no complains about that.

Of course I thought it could be my systems fault, but since this is the only game where it makes so much noise, I doubt it's that.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Edited by ShikanRaider

Yes this happened to me too when I played. I also have PS4 Pro. But, not in the place you mentioned. To me, fan started making noices when I played for many hours straight and when there was lots of cutscenes with lots of characters. So, guess there could be something with the game.

Do you have the digital or the disc version? I have the digital version.

15 minutes ago, killivincent said:

there was lots of cutscenes with lots of characters.

Yep that's where it got the loudest for me. Seems to be larger areas in general, in the first dungeon it didn't even make a noise.

16 minutes ago, killivincent said:

Do you have the digital or the disc version? I have the digital version.

Disc version.

2 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

When this happens to me I know my console is on it's way out. It could very well be different with you.

If I had the system for years maybe I can see that happening, but I only bought a bit over a year ago.

I have the same issue. I bought a PS4 Pro day one and pretty much any time I play a game that's a graphical powerhouse, it goes haywire - especially when running games in 4K. Uncharted 4, The Last of Us, Wolfenstein II, etc. It got to a point where the system overheated and had to go into rest mode. I ended up buying a stand with a fan. It's still loud AF, but in the last few months it hasn't gotten excessively hot as with before. There are solutions about cleaning it out and changing the thermal paste to solve the issue, but until it gets to the point where it overheats to rest mode again, I'm not gonna risk fucking it up.

4 minutes ago, ShikanRaider said:

Yep that's where it got the loudest for me. Seems to be larger areas in general, in the first dungeon it didn't even make a noise.

Disc version.

If I had the system for years maybe I can see that happening, but I only bought a bit over a year ago.

They're are some games that push the console to it's limit though so that's probably why your fan Is sounding like a jet plane taking off. 

11 minutes ago, ShikanRaider said:

I've heard that dust can cause this problem. One year is plenty of time to accumulate dust. Cleaning it out requires opening the PS4 I believe, which is why I haven't tried it yet. Most things I open/try to fix tend to break...

I have this problem with almost every game, though it does seem worse with Sen IV. At one point, it was so loud that I thought the damn thing was going to explode.

If it's something of a hub area or a spot where the game saves constantly then the fan will go off. Some games make the fan go off more than others. I remember how in Nioh the fan would start acting up by just looking at the Blacksmith menu, while you could be in a large, graphics heavy open world area in another game and it doesn't make any noise at all. It's really nothing to worry about.