Senran Kagura Burst Re;Newal Censored and Delayed for PS4

fisty123

4 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Ummm... well of course it depent a lot of which tablet you buy, but usually you don't  need a Surface pro in order to play only VN. The VN/Eroge that you can't play on any tablet are games like Kamidori or any vn with RPG mechanics.

Actually you can, if you get a keyboard attachment for your tablet, you can use a mouse. I play warcraft 3 on my windows 10 tablet, as well as halo 1

Edited by SnowxSakura

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

Actually you can, if you get a keyboard attachment for your tablet, you can use a mouse. I play warcraft 3 on my windows 10 tablet, as well as halo 1

Wow really? people in some visual novel forums said that they can't with some visual novel with rpg elements, I would like to buy a Windows tablet and couple of day ago I saw a surface go for 440€ + keyboard, now I'm more tempted to buy one. ?

5 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

Wow really? people in some visual novel forums said that they can't with some visual novel with rpg elements, I would like to buy a Windows tablet and couple of day ago I saw a surface go for 440€ + keyboard, now I'm more tempted to buy one. 1f61a.png

That's odd, when you're in desktop mode on a tablet, it works the same as if you're using a laptop or desktop, it could be some type of plugin issue that's not allowing them to work properly

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

That's odd, when you're in desktop mode on a tablet, it works the same as if you're using a laptop or desktop, it could be some type of plugin issue that's not allowing them to work properly

Now that I see how your experience with a tablet is, maybe is like you said some plugin or maybe because people there use Wdinows tablet since couple of years ago to play VN and maybe they use a simple tablet without any accesory, etc. But without a doubt it can work how a new vita with a big screen in order to play a lot of only-pc vn. I use Splshtop on iPad and that work well if your conection is stable, but again you depent a lot of the wi fi and you need the same internet conection, the full version let you use another red but I don't know if it's worth.

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

Two key localisation staff have departed XSEED. Interesting timing considering recent events.

XSEED had some serious issues for a while, I doubt its directly related to the censorship. Regardless, XSEED's death will further damage the JP games market.

What bugs me about this as well is we never get an actual reason as to why this has started. Did Sony get complaints from parents? Is it a government thing? I mean, I know it won't help the situation but it'd just be nice to know why all of a sudden the hammer has fallen so hard.

It's like the whole Spyro download thing. Just give us an explanation!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Two key localisation staff have departed XSEED. Interesting timing considering recent events.

I swear to god if this effects the localization of Trails of Cold Steel I'm dropping Sony and going PC and this is why I told people to not be hasty with canceling their pre orders because XSeed can't take hits like this like say companies like EA and Activision can.

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

My theory, is that Sony became paranoid as hell after the OLZ debacle so are censoring anything which has even a microscopic chance of causing a controversy that might blow up in their face. What Sony has utterly failed to comprehend, is that the only people who complain about the content of the cheekier games are part of the SJW menace and therefore won't buy such games anyway so should be ignored and let the rest of get on with enjoying our games in peace!

You think there's a chance it'll lax again like Steam did?

2 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

XSEED had some serious issues for a while, I doubt its directly related to the censorship. Regardless, XSEED's death will further damage the JP games market.

Having looked it up, It seems one left simply because he got a teaching job in Japan but Brittaney Avery seems to have either quit without a job being lined up or was fired for lord knows what reason. Worst thing is she was the localizer for Trails and now I have absolutely no hope for III's localization, if it happens at all, to be as good as the first two games

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

I'd like to think they'll eventually see sense but the odds aren't good and probably won't happen until there's a change of management and someone with common sense takes over and scraps these ridiculous rules.

I feared you'd say that.

I refuse to leave Sony still but it's getting more difficult to stay loyal.

In my case I'll be buying a few more games - most of which that came out last year. Then I'm going to stop gaming again. (Thanks Sony!)

Everything from now on I'm going to view as tainted fruit.

That Yuragi no Yuki game I was looking forward too which was due out next month has also been censored because of this crap; so there's no real incentive for me to import anything new from Japan at this point. Esp. with Sony now demanding they meet California standards.

It's sad, but Sony now need to learn that their actions have consequences.

Edited by Jigsy1

4 minutes ago, Jigsy1 said:

In my case I'll be buying a few more games - most of which that came out last year. Then I'm going to stop gaming again. (Thanks Sony!)

Everything from now on I'm going to view as tainted fruit.

That Yuragi no Yuki game I was looking forward too which was due out next month has also been censored because of this crap; so there's no real incentive for me to import anything new from Japan at this point. Esp. with Sony now demanding they meet California standards.

It's sad, but Sony now need to learn that their actions have consequences.

I've got the same problem, because there are some Japanese games coming out next year that I've had my eye on for a while but am reluctant to pre-order them in case they get butchered :(.

Already ordered my Switch today and will surely get Reflexions for it next week (and probably some real game too). If I really want to, I have a rough total about 40 unearned plats (including unplayed and trophy patched games) that I can still get from my PS-backlog. I'd like to still give a chance to some more Nep games at the very least, not from the store though.

Also, I did not bother to cancel my pre-order here. If nothing else was changed it's very playable for me, but this was a reminder that it is a really bad idea to put all eggs in one basket.

• Like 1

My big question is what is with Sony Playstation branch's timing on all of this. As seen in all of the Noraneko examples, there is a Switch version that will happily eat up any marketshare that Sony doesn't want. Investors were saying that Switch hype was gone, and I'm sure Sony wants to keep it that way. However, going into the holiday season, Sony gives a nice big happy reason to have devs leave their console and focus development to the Switch instead, ensuring great 3rd party support for the Switch for years to come. It really feels like Sony's Playstation branch really wants to cut away a lot of jp support.

(I tried to separate Playstation from the rest of Sony because FGO is made by Sony's mobile division, and if anyone saw 1 certain Craft Essence from the new event, they know it should be censored to follow suit with the examples of Noraneko)

Sony won't change their ways until a big name company decides to release a big title on Xbox, Steam and Switch but not releasing it on the PS4 and the reason needs to be due to Sony's new censorship. That is the only way Sony will change all these smaller titles may get Japan Sony to change back but it's a bigger ask for EU and NA Sony to even think about it.

21 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Sony won't change their ways until a big name company decides to release a big title on Xbox, Steam and Switch but not releasing it on the PS4 and the reason needs to be due to Sony's new censorship. That is the only way Sony will change all these smaller titles may get Japan Sony to change back but it's a bigger ask for EU and NA Sony to even think about it.

The only big name title left for PS4 is TLoU2 and it's a total SJW fest with nothing to censor.

If they will change their policy, it will be after/if PS5 will start lagging behind PS4 in terms of sales and library.

5 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

They're Tom Lipschultz (aka Wyrdwad) & Brittany Avery (Hatsuu).  A real bummer to lose them.  I just hope this isn't going to throw a wrench into XSEED's future.

Not sure about XSEED as a whole, but it does cast a dark cloud over the western releases for the Trails series. Nick C left a while back and now that Brittany is gone, the localisation style on Trails of Cold Steel III and IV is going to feel acutely different (assuming it is a just as solid translation as I & II). They built up a lot of clout for what they've contributed to the series in the west, and I suspect the home console sales of ToCS I & II were influential in making Falcom decide to have sequels on the PS4 - which is a HUGE favour for Sony as they are focused on generating revenue from PS4 more than the Vita or PS3 at the moment.

But now that we're here...I dunno.

9 hours ago, gameoverDude189 said:

They're Tom Lipschultz (aka Wyrdwad) & Brittany Avery (Hatsuu).  A real bummer to lose them.  I just hope this isn't going to throw a wrench into XSEED's future.

Apparently XSEED's staff, with those two leaving aside, is larger than it's ever been. Tom probably left because of the censorship issue and because he didn't agree with giving in to Sony but Brittany is the mystery, she left without having another job lined up which means she could have been fired and that's what really bugs me because we don't know why. Oh well she's a top tier translator and I'm sure another company will hire her. Hopefully NIS because their translations have been terrible lately.

6 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Sony Japan can change nothing because it's entirely on SIE which is in America and that's the annoying part. The issue, while troublesome, isn't a big enough one to make the head honchos in Japan want to restructure their entire entertainment division right now, especially since we're in the 4th quarter, which is do or die for businesses. 

Edited by majob
Incorrect info

6 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Where did you learn this?

Let me apologize because I was a little excited when I read this and didn't go over it properly. Turns out it's just one guy from a Marvelous company who made a petition. Sony Japan is still silent on the issue.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/10/marvelous-employee-shares-petition-to-convince-sony-to-renege-on-their-anti-fanservice-policy/70992/

Edited by majob