Senran Kagura Burst Re;Newal Censored and Delayed for PS4

fisty123

I will stand by the double standards by Sony comment, In RDR2 you can walk in on a couple having sex for instance (Just to name one sexual thing there are others).
With Sony's new rules why was this never removed when they are now using the almighty light to hide females in underwear when its a dev not putting out a triple A title.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

I've gone over this on some level before in a previous post, but the nature of a kiss between two women is far different from having anime tits shoved in your face for people to get off to. Considering I've seen kissing in plenty of family-oriented entertainment before and the only thing different here is that the two participants are both girls instead of one being a man and the other a woman, I would say that unless you're an alt-right dipshit who thinks that being gay is a sin, it really shouldn't be offensive to anyone to the extent of wanting it out of media.

And like you pretty much skipped my reasons and start to sorta lowkey call me "alt right dipshit", like I said a million times that should be applied following NPC logic, and yes Im against any form of pushing any sort of sexual themes on kids no matter what the context is. This game has a market that loves boobs so they should have the right to have them without any censorship because thats what they are paying but when NPCs which pretty much never touch this games and start to ask for censorship then ofc im gonna mention other cases just to make them look like the hypocrites they are.

C'mon guys, you gotta refrain from flinging crap at each other and name calling when trying to get your point across, if you continue all that drama beyond this point then posts like that will end up getting taken down.

I don't want to have to lock a topic that gets completely derailed here, especially since it's covering a topic a lot of people find important to talk about (Sony censorship, etc)

Thanks! <3 

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, fisty123 said:

I will stand by the double standards by Sony comment, In RDR2 you can walk in on a couple having sex for instance (Just to name one sexual thing there are others).
With Sony's new rules why was this never removed when they are now using the almighty light to hide females in underwear when its a dev not putting out a triple A title.

I think this might have something to do with it.  Keep in mind that depending on your state there are different ages of consent as well as a possibility for no close-in-age exemption. Source

——————————————

Hanzo Academy

Asuka - 16 years old
Ikaruga - 18 years old
Katsuragi - 17 years old
Yagyuu - 15 years old
Hibari - 15 years old

Homura Crimson Squad (ex Hebijo)

Homura - 16 years old 
Yomi - 16 years old
Hikage - 17 years old
Mirai - 15 years old
Haruka - 18 years old

Gessen Girls' Academy

Yumi - 17 years old
Murakumo - 17 years old
Yozakura - 16 years old
Shiki - 15 years old 
Minori - 15 years old

Hebijo

Miyabi - 20 years old 
Murasaki - 16 years old
Imu - 21 years old 
Ryobi - 15 years old
Ryona - 15 years old 

———————————————

My guess is probably they are trying to dodge a shitstorm that they’ve been lucky to dodge up to this point.  The age of consent in Japan is 13 years old so they are able to run these types of games.

On 10/28/2018 at 6:18 AM, Rick_Sanchez said:

California is the most leftist SJW state in all of the USA. Since Sony moved their HQ their, it's natural to blame California.

And as a Texan, I'm inclined to join in the California bashing.

I was born and raised here in California and I can confirm this. My highschool was so left wing and SJW that not a single kid suppported Trump. Everyone hated Trump and blamed whites. Some of my teachers were white and stayed in Black lives Matter protests. Even my father forced me to protest with him against Trump. Now, I'm nothing like Californians. I'm not white but I don't believe there is a thing called "white privilege" and I certainly don't believe that Trump is evil. I'm actually conservative. So it's hard being a right winger when half of your family and almost all of your friends are left wingers. So I play video games like Senran Kagura and get away from all the left wing California bullshit but nope. I guess that's too much to ask because now Sony had to turned into Soyny.

Now I'm pissed. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jounochi said:

My guess is probably they are trying to dodge a shitstorm that they’ve been lucky to dodge up to this point.  The age of consent in Japan is 13 years old so they are able to run these types of games.

AoC in Japan is higher than 13, since prefectures has increased it locally. Furthermore, plenty of media depicts violation of consent, you have rape, murder, etc. with children sometimes being depicted as victims. But mentally healthy people are able to differentiate between fiction and reality.

Japan is being attacked by American leftist gestapo, there's nothing more to it. And their demand to submit the content in English is downright racist and abusive.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

AoC in Japan is higher than 13, since prefectures has increased it locally. Furthermore, plenty of media depicts violation of consent, you have rape, murder, etc. with children sometimes being depicted as victims. But mentally healthy people are able to differentiate between fiction and reality.

Japan is being attacked by American leftist gestapo, there's nothing more to it. And their demand to submit the content in English is downright racist and abusive.

Interesting, so they let the prefectures set the AoC.  15 y/o must be the average agreed upon AoC then since none of the girls fall under.

I don’t even know how to reply to the second part of your first paragraph though since it’s justifying sexual abuse of a minor in video games.  I’m not going to argue against this point since I agree to an extent, but when it comes to depicting minors that have/are been/being taken advantage of in any form of media there is a line that I believe the intimacy system in Senran Kagura crosses.

I read a few of the earlier posts and it sounds like corporate America strikes again.  Not going to go as far as to say they are racist and abusive because they probably have their reasons and it is their platform, but it leaves a bad taste.

1 hour ago, Jounochi said:

*Snip*

While I understand where your coming from, The VNs in Japan that are getting censored are listed as over the age of 18 but yet Sony still wants it censored.

The second part that I find rather assuming is that Sony acquired Funimation and if you look at most of the ecchi type anime you will see that a lot of the females in the series are under the age of 18 and have many nudity and sexual type scenes which Sony/Funimation allow on their servers.
Which then makes you think that its one or two people from Sony's gaming side with enough power to say we need to stop sexual type events in games.

Edited by fisty123

14 minutes ago, Jounochi said:

I don’t even know how to reply to the second part of your first paragraph though since it’s justifying sexual abuse of a minor in video games.  I’m not going to argue against this point since I agree to an extent, but when it comes to depicting minors that have/are been/being taken advantage of in any form of media there is a line that I believe the intimacy system in Senran Kagura crosses.

You don't need to justify the sexual abuse of minors in media, because it happens in media. It's not real.

And if you believe that the media somehow brainwashes people and makes them commit the crimes depicted in media, well, then why are you not arguing in favor of banning violent videogames and movies? Murdering children is worse than grabbing a teenage tit, right?

I am of the opinion that there is/was a mixup here and I am having doubts that it ultimately will help the censorship discussion to bring everyone, our grandpa and the Pope’s Wiener Dog into it. Could be that the US is a bit of a special case here, but to me (not US) someone’s overall political alignment on a right-middle-left (or in a conservative-liberal) scale and Senran Kagura don’t actually have anything to do with each other.

(Yes, that stance is ignoring those people out there in the real world who simply misuse and abuse their supposed political ideas to give off vibes of ‘righteousness’, justice and the smart. It’s because you call these people hypocrites and the only thing that helps in dealing with those special snowflakes is to take away their power by uncovering their real colours and showing them to others.)

So, as for left-wingism. I’m a moderate lefty (to... not so moderate as a teen when anarchism was ‘cooler’ still and authority ‘sucked’ harder than it does now), have been for years and I take massive issues with censorship. I take issue with my boys getting the pixel-treatment and the total removal of all good hot action on Sony platforms. This has been happening for years and my wallet has spoken many times. And I take issue with age-guidelines made into actual restrictions (that make me jump through a loop on German PSN). I take issue with these matters because I’m a through-and-through humanist down to my very core. And certainly one who cannot stand people abusing flashy Zeitgeist terms to further their own goals and ego. ‘Social justice’ comes to mind, where some people claim to fight for it and for true democracy but seem to have a desire to shut up other groups and minorities by trying to take away their right to voice an opinion as they claim to advocate for flowers and rainbows and pretend to be good people. And the people opposing them to extreme lengths who similarly err tremendously in the belief that true democracy means that the one who cries and fights strongest, laments loudest and with enough buddies behind them and who can shut up others in this manner in order to take away their right to voice an opinion are hiding behind an equally hideously misinformed idea of what freedom of speech means.

At the end of the day, freedom of speech and democracy mean being allowed to voice an opinion without having to worry to burn on a stake because some king, dictator or leading group of whatever definition can’t stand your shirt (and your opinion). It means being allowed to voice an opinion without having to worry to be called names or insulted. Or to be disregarded and treated as if another’s opinion isn’t worth the discussion, isn’t worth the response, isn’t worth a reaction. As a humanist, to me both is equally rude as... Everyone who doesn’t put another down in one moment is worth to be heard in that moment and what they voice is worth to be taken into consideration - even if majority rules.

Well, that’s all so if you’re a lefty like me (and an incredibly annoying social critic). In any case, I’m def a lefty critic who, in a better world, wants her anime boys without pixel-penises and platonic no-sex relationships as soon as they land on Sony’s consoles and who, in the same stride, wants equal rights for the anime/art boobies because, eh, why not. Equal rights or I’d be one big hypocrite. So free the 2D jiggles up there and down there, ‘kay?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

While I understand where your coming from, The VNs in Japan that are getting censored are listed as over the age of 18 but yet Sony still wants it censored.

The second part that I find rather assuming is that Sony acquired Funimation and if you look at most of the ecchi type anime you will see that a lot of the females in the series are under the age of 18 and have many nudity and sexual type scenes which Sony/Funimation allow on their servers.
Which then makes you think that its one or two people from Sony's gaming side with enough power to say we need to stop sexual type events in games.

Yeah, not too sure why those VNs are getting censored.  Really enjoyed the censor tweets and memes that came out of this though.

You have to wonder what they are going to do about the anime but I think the policy probably applies to the gaming side for now.

3 minutes ago, nyonmyan said:

You don't need to justify the sexual abuse of minors in media, because it happens in media. It's not real.

And if you believe that the media somehow brainwashes people and makes them commit the crimes depicted in media, well, then why are you not arguing in favor of banning violent videogames and movies? Murdering children is worse than grabbing a teenage tit, right?

Exactly why I’m not arguing against the point.  Any argument made would have to admit to the contradiction and then suggest that violence in video games should be censored as well.  For me personally I don’t enjoy the intimacy system in these games because I feel like they cross a line, but an easy fix is I just don’t partake.

Just trying to point out that looking in it can be easy to have a gut reaction based on the readily images and information.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 6:18 AM, Rick_Sanchez said:

California is the most leftist SJW state in all of the USA. Since Sony moved their HQ their, it's natural to blame California.

And as a Texan, I'm inclined to join in the California bashing.

On 10/28/2018 at 6:20 AM, SnowxSakura said:

All pc games have a distribution platform now, whether it's origin, microsoft store, steam, battle.net, etc

Besides there's nothing wrong with steam, it's a really nice platform

@Rick_Sanchez As a Tennessean I'm inclined to join you in that bashing

On 10/28/2018 at 6:24 AM, Katt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

let's delete California then.

Sony Headquarters has been in California since April 2016, so why now in late 2018 would there be changes. Also Santa Monica the creators of God of War a series filled with blood and sex (in the original games) has had their headquarters in California since 1999.

Also to @SnowxSakura what American CEO are you talking about? is it John Kodera the CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment that rules over PlayStation? You do know he did not come to America until the 1998 and he because the CEO in 2017. Did you assume he was American because he had an English name.

Anyways, I did some research into what recent changes have happened inside Sony itself and well, they have a new CEO named Kenichiro Yoshida (not the Yoshida we all know and love) and he became CEO in April of 2018 and since he is the CEO of Sony overall, he can make decisions that affect Sony Interactive Entertainment and overide control from Kodera when he feels like he needs to. Also here is the thing, he has also talked about the Image of Sony in some meetings as in that he wants to change the image so they can appeal to more people and in another meeting, he specially pointed out that he wanted to put his attention to the gaming division which is PlayStation and Fate Grand Order (I fucking forgot that FGO was from Sony, please don't touch it)

So I don't think it is California or America or John fault but it is actually Kenichiro's fault since it was during his tenure that these decision started happening. It also makes sense since he took power in early 2018 and all this censorship bullshit has been happening in late 2018 and it also fits in his plan for the Image of Sony. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, INinjaRaidenI said:

Guys look an NPC :0

About that stupid assumption you just made, theres nothing too special and bad about liking boobs lmao and the moment you lowkey called everyone in this thread basement loners thats when you messed up and left an open door for assuming what you are :D, well the stupidness of said assumption is equally as if I say that youre an edgelord with psychopathic tendencies just because of your 2 latest played games on your list :)

Also if this censoring thing continues your gory games might possibly be affected too :0

I'm talking about this game and what specifically has been censored. That is what this thread is about isn't it? I've looked at the game, I've looked at what is being censored and I completely agree with why it has. There's nothing wrong with liking boobs? Yes I brought that part up because lets be honest it is a bit juvenile and pathetic if we're honest but that's not what I have an issue with.

Do you know why this game is being censored? It is being censored because of a mini game where you get to molest what looks like a school girl. Can I assume then that you feel this mini game should be included, why? Does having it removed spoil your enjoyment of the rest of the game?

Not wanting something removed from a game because it could open the floodgates to other games being removed is a really crap argument for it's inclusion. Censorship has always been on a case by case basis. Lines should and have to be drawn, personally I think this game crosses it and I'm glad it's being removed.

7 hours ago, Katt said:

Adjust your calendar to 2018 please.

That's an interesting point because I thought I was doing just that. In 2018 we're trying to stamp out racism and homophobia, empowering women and giving greater equality.

And here you arguing that in 2018 we should still be allowed to grope a school girl for no other reason than to have fun in a mini game. Someone mentioned we've regressed 20 years because of it, I'd say the opposite, we're actually progressing.

If what you're talking about instead, is concerns of censorship then I will repeat it's a case by case basis and my personal opinion is that it is inappropriate and has no place in a game in 2018.

So does anybody actually object to having this removed from the game or is the argument your concerns for censorship overall? If it is about having it removed then why do you want it in? What value does it add to the game? How much of a lesser experience is the game without it?

30 minutes ago, Babsimabuse said:

I never worried about the age of the Senran Kagura-Girls. First time read about here, saw them as (young) adults.

I think the real problem is the grabbling part and the fact, that they feel ashame beeing grabbled/showered.

The problem to me is the ambiugous idea about how teenager girls are inside japanese games, our culture in general have a lot of doctrines and the matter fact of see this kind of game people usually think this kind of game are anomaly with a lot of sexualize girls, but It's new? of course no, mythology did this before and more explicitly. Is sony censored more game they will put more wood inside the fireplace and a lot of developer will drop the posibility of do games on Playstation and will move to steam or nintendo, but again is stupid try to delet this kind of game when you can find a lot of game with explicitly blood, beheading, guns...

Nintendo now have a good opportunity but I don't know if they will cach this ball, I hope they do and let people in Japan and here play game without this censore.

7 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

Considering the NPC meme is generally associated with the alt-right, it's fucking embarassing to see it being referenced on what really ought not to be a left vs. right issue and the proliferation of fighting against censorship being associated with shit like treating the Ellie kiss scene from the TLOU2 trailer as if it were the same as anime tits and calling anyone who dares to object to the content an SJW even though this kind of stuff has a history of being disturbing to plenty of people outside of that field makes me hesitant to even bother fighting against it knowing damn well I'm just gonna get grouped in with blatantly dumb shit like that.

Also, Steam is a hellhole that is constantly cited as a terrible storefront precisely because they give zero shits about what they have on there in any measure, even stuff that no other storefront apart from possibly Sony on a bad week would allow. Citing it as a good example of how to handle anything related to content distribution is asking to have people laugh in your face.

Sorry, I dont take a forum like Resertera serious. Banning people for having a different opinion. Who did that too.... Fascists. The people they hate. Hypocrites.

I hope Sony wil switch there policy. Censorship doesn't add anything or protect anything. Only gives power to the people who can only whine and never play games.

Yes, I played some pervy games. But for me it's too much in some way and will not get next installment from GalGun for example. Let the people decide for themselfs.

Edited by ShadowhunterrX
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, FawltyPowers said:

I'm talking about this game and what specifically has been censored. That is what this thread is about isn't it? I've looked at the game, I've looked at what is being censored and I completely agree with why it has. There's nothing wrong with liking boobs? Yes I brought that part up because lets be honest it is a bit juvenile and pathetic if we're honest but that's not what I have an issue with.

Do you know why this game is being censored? It is being censored because of a mini game where you get to molest what looks like a school girl. Can I assume then that you feel this mini game should be included, why? Does having it removed spoil your enjoyment of the rest of the game?

Not wanting something removed from a game because it could open the floodgates to other games being removed is a really crap argument for it's inclusion. Censorship has always been on a case by case basis. Lines should and have to be drawn, personally I think this game crosses it and I'm glad it's being removed.

Almost 10h later and the best you could do was typing a repost with the only difference of justifying why you did what I pointed out in the post you tagged me...

Anyways Im also still talking about the game and what got censonsored and it also shouldnt have gotten because its been on the previous titles without any sort of whinning from Soyny but interesting enough just happened to be this year and it got completely removed. Theres a problem there and it happened what I did say on previous pages that this might get worse and yes several VNs have gotten censored after their new soylent policies and this might affect you like I said cause who knows if their next (quite possible) censoring policies might affect gore and use of any sort of guns:)

3 minutes ago, INinjaRaidenI said:

Almost 10h later and the best you could do was typing a repost with the only difference of justifying why you did what I pointed out in the post you tagged me...

Anyways Im also still talking about the game and what got censonsored and it also shouldnt have gotten because its been on the previous titles without any sort of whinning from Soyny but interesting enough just happened to be this year and it got completely removed. Theres a problem there and it happened what I did say on previous pages that this might get worse and yes several VNs have gotten censored after their new soylent policies and this might affect you like I said cause who knows if their next (quite possible) censoring policies might affect gore and use of any sort of guns:)

I'm giving a reason as to why I don't think it should be included in the game and your answer is because it was in it previously. Just because something was in a game previously does not mean it should be included going forward as society and attitudes change. You then once again talk about censorship in general which has been a debate now for decades. Guns and gore? Yep that will continue to be scrutinised as it should.

Why do you want this in the game so badly, this is what I'm trying to get my head around? Do YOU not think it is inappropriate? Right now I'm still trying to understand why this feature is even there in the first place.

23 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

I'm giving a reason as to why I don't think it should be included in the game and your answer is because it was in it previously. Just because something was in a game previously does not mean it should be included going forward as society and attitudes change. You then once again talk about censorship in general which has been a debate now for decades. Guns and gore? Yep that will continue to be scrutinised as it should.

Why do you want this in the game so badly, this is what I'm trying to get my head around? Do YOU not think it is inappropriate? Right now I'm still trying to understand why this feature is even there in the first place.

The thing is that this was sold as part of the games before without any sort of whinning about it (also the mode itself still censored) and this games are pretty much bought by fans, now about your complaining , it wouldnt exist if it wasnt for the censorship which leads to the lack of this thread and pretty much keeping the existence of the mode and game from you. Imo there are far worse things than this but thats not a reason to force developers into removing parts of the actual games that were sold fine years before just to please the 5-10 people that whine about said mode without actually playing any the games and probably never will. Also like a few people mentioned this games are based in japanese culture where the age of consent is way different in case you still want to mention that.

Edited by INinjaRaidenI
Adding another point.

The issue with this topic is all people are seeing is the first post and last couple of pages, This topic is no longer just about Senran it's about Sony and their new censorship policy which is now also effecting releases in Japan and not just western locations.

http://www.gamepitt.co.uk/death-mark-ps4-review/

Another game censored, only Western version this time.

"The western version has a blacked out image, as above, with the text and screaming. The Japanese version (which I saw on YouTube when I needed help with a puzzle in that stage) shows the girl, the spider, the emotion and the sounds.

This made me think – throughout the game there were times the game was explaining things but not showing me them. Putting two and two together makes me think that certain scenes may have been ‘visually’ removed from the game, even if the sounds and text remained."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fisty123 said:

GTA Lost and Damned had full frontal male nudity too lol, and nobody made a fuss about it...

Anyway i'm not really interested in this story as games like these are not exactly my cup of tea.