Senran Kagura Burst Re;Newal Censored and Delayed for PS4

fisty123

Sony was pretty good at the beginning of the generation to reel people in. Their hubris is going to catch up to them eventually if they stay down this road. Making PS+ mandatory for online, increasing it's price, lowering the quality of monthy free games, and now censoring or outright denying the release of games on their console. I'm sure I missed other examples..

• Like 1

I'll get the game, since realistically I used this mode maybe 5 times on average and I can't play steam games right now. However, the Switch or getting my rig updated seem more and more appealing as options and I was ready to abandon both a year ago. Trophies are fun, but not that fun. There are other issues as well, probably due to Sony growing super arrogant with lack of competition.

Its kinda ironic that its happening to the more serious installment(for senran kagura standards) but the goofy spinoff games where everyone in bikinis which is 10 times more fanservicy and the cooking installment that literally has the losers bodies being used as a plate got by unscaved. And to think this company used to allow sex minigames in its biggest action series god of war.

46 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

No they haven't. Venom just made $80 million in North America alone in one weekend, with a sequel being greenlit almost instantly. Then there's the Miles Morales movie coming out soon, which is animated so it's guaranteed to make them nearly 100x times the movie's budget (animated films cost barely anything to make and can't fail). To top it all off, they have Marvel making them Spider-Man movies, so they get to share the profits from any Marvel film with Spider-Man in it. That means Sony pays nothing, yet gets money. There's obviously some kind of video game deal in there as well, which is why the Spider-Man game is exclusive when Sony doesn't own the game rights.

As for this topic, don't worry, Sony is censoring violence as well. With the Venom sequel greenlit and featuring Carnage, you'd expect it to get an R rating. Nope, PG13. They'll be toning down one of the most violent comic characters in existence so children can watch it.

This is only recently but until Jumanji, Sony Pictures was releasing flop after fop, Ghost Busters being the most notorious one. As for the rating, Sony isn't alone in that trend, lots of studios are preferring to make their action or comic book adoptions PG-13 to maximize revenue. But in regards to Senran, it's entirely uncalled for, the game passed through the ESRB so there was no reason to call for the censorship. I really want to know what this particular policy is and why they implemented it.

Sometimes I feel as if we are living in an George Orwell dystopia like 1984 or Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451 :|
If the content is not ILLEGAL, it cannot be censored. Period. There was a similar situation yesterday regarding a brazilian indie game in steam, The game is a parody of Brazil's current election and has one right wing candidate in a beat'em up against leftists. Of course eurogamer.net made an article about claiming it is hate speach against minorities and it's not only pushing for the removal of the game but also for censorship in steam. It is a shitty satire game for **** sake. It is SO tiring being a gamer sometimes.

(One last thing: This brazilian game thing sounds very fishy to me because ALL major brazilian indie games studios are extreme left wing...makes me wonder who are this "unknown devs" that suddenly came out with a right wing game.. ?)

• Like 2

Please, keep the politics out, we need to be united and organized in this matter. Politics on the other hand tends to divide people. So, let's concentrate our efforts on telling Sony that we're not happy. Thanks.

• Like 4

This same topic got closed and the people mentioning the mode that got removed is an existing feature that was available on previous games got banned (i suppose you can already tell i'm talking about that joke of a forum).We live on really weird times when Nintendo actually releases a game that is dedicated to the intimacy mode found on the Senran Kagura titles. Censorship sucks and this will affect small developers. No way Sony would dare to do this type of stuff to someone like R* as they would lose a lot of money.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Katt said:

Please, keep the politics out, we need to be united and organized in this matter. Politics on the other hand tends to divide people. So, let's concentrate our efforts on telling Sony that we're not happy. Thanks.

I can guarantee you that the reasoning for Sony's censorship is political in nature, so keeping the politics out of this is going to prove impossible.

Not that it matters, Sony isn't ever going to actually listen to us, unless perhaps we can convince a shitload of 12-year olds that this censorship will somehow affect Fortnite. THEN Sony is gonna change their minds real fast

• Like 2

We get Senran Kagura Reflections uncut in Switch. We start getting stuff like Evenicle uncut and uncensored in Steam. And then we star getting back to the 80s in Playstation with Omega Labyrinth Z first and Seran Kagura now. I also asked Marvelous Europe about this and if they also censor the game, I'm cancelling mi pre-order. I'll post here when I get my answer.

I don't care about tits, blood or gore. I care about censorship and I will never ever support it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dorroile said:

unless perhaps we can convince a shitload of 12-year olds that this censorship will somehow affect Fortnite. THEN Sony is gonna change their minds real fast

I hate that all the discussions are reduced to Fortnite. What a shit game. GOD! but seriously, even if the discussion is political, if this bothers you, take action and express your opinion in all social media. When the debate is set, only then let's talk politics.

• Like 1

Ryan Grave, Localization Lead at XSEEDGames, has said the following:

"I can't say much about this, but if it helps, there is one concern I can address. Some people have asked if this means the PS4 version will be short a trophy. It won't be; there will be a trophy, just a slightly different one, called 'Oops, Wrong Room.'"

Source

10 hours ago, Caesar Clown said:

As for this topic, don't worry, Sony is censoring violence as well. With the Venom sequel greenlit and featuring Carnage, you'd expect it to get an R rating. Nope, PG13. They'll be toning down one of the most violent comic characters in existence so children can watch it.

I'm tired of so many movie franchises going down to PG-13.  Terminator did it 2 times in a row (Salvation, Genisys).   Let's hope Sony doesn't start censoring violence in video games.

My feeling about censorship in videogames is that Sony & other console makers should leave everything to "player discretion" & let adults decide- like it is on PC.  Not all video games need to be kid friendly.

• Like 2

So its ok to f*ck Aphrodite in God of War 3 or sex hookers in GTA 1-5 but this is not allowed?

Edit: I completely agree with Sony on this one after doing a google search. Let me show what I found...

-----

Senran Kagura game delayed on PS4 after Sony requests removal of Intimacy Mode. ... TheIntimacy Mode in question lets players spray down and grope the girls. It is, essentially, a molesting underage girls mode. The announcement came from the Twitter account of XSeed, the publisher of the game in the US.

-----

so let me get this straight.... Ya'll are protesting the fact that you can't molest underage girls in a game???

whaaaat the actual fuucckk?

Edited by dokkanexpert
Google searched wtf intimacy mode was... Sick bastards.