Senran Kagura Burst Re;Newal Censored and Delayed for PS4

fisty123

This is so dumb. Instead of just censoring everything to high hell, people just need to stop being so scared of the Adult Only rating, and start putting games out with it. I've honestly never understood with the M and AO rating even both existed. Is that one year from 17 to 18 REALLY that big of a deal? Spoilers, it's not. It really isn't. A 17 year old isn't really any different than an 18 year old.

Even ignoring all of that, it's not like it's a huge deal if retail stores refuse to sell AO anymore. The internet exists, and more and more people are buying online anyway. It's not like places like Amazon are going to care. Sony is just costing themselves money by doing this nonsense.

Just now, ExHaseo said:

This is so dumb. Instead of just censoring everything to high hell, people just need to stop being so scared of the Adult Only rating, and start putting games out with it. I've honestly never understood with the M and AO rating even both existed. Is that one year from 17 to 18 REALLY that big of a deal? Spoilers, it's not. It really isn't. A 17 year old isn't really any different than an 18 year old.

Even ignoring all of that, it's not like it's a huge deal if retail stores refuse to sell AO anymore. The internet exists, and more and more people are buying online anyway. It's not like places like Amazon are going to care. Sony is just costing themselves money by doing this nonsense.

They're not scared of it, platform holders DO NOT allow AO rated games on their systems.

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

They're not scared of it, platform holders DO NOT allow AO rated games on their systems.

That's exactly what I mean by being scared of it. They don't allow it because they're scared it's going to cost them money, because retailers in the past have refused to sell AO games.

1 hour ago, majob said:

You seriously can't really blame XSeed on this, it's either do what Sony says or don't release the game at all and considering they've already spent the resources needed to localize it, they can't just throw that effort all away and take the loss. Also, I think anyone who wants the game with a decent PC should get the steam version. That way you support the game while giving Sony no money because the blame is with them, not XSeed. Honestly, I want to know what this policy is because it's ill founded right now when you consider ESRB already exists and they greenlit the game

I know it's not entirely Xseed fault, but I think that releasing a censored game because they already invested money in it it's gonna backfire to them in the future. Today, we all know that it's Sony's fault, but what happens tomorrow? Tomorrow many people will forget and will only remember that Xseed released a censored game. And if they did it once, what stops them from doing it again? I'm sure that I won't trust a new Playstation release from them or from Marvelous Europe after this.

Also, why wait for the Steam release if it's going to be finished earlier? They should just release it.

My other problem is how all of this happened. I would like to know what actually happened. Sony gave the order and they complied? Did they talk back, argue, try to change anything? My feeling with the info they provided is that Sony said "Cut this content now!" and they answer "Sir! Yes Sir!".

Don't bite the hand that feeds you we say in my country, and this is what they are doing. Sony don't pay their bills, customers buying their games do.

19 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Whilst generally true that wasn't the situation here. It passed certification at the rating they went for. It was moronic Soy that decided they wouldn't allow it, likely because of where this branch is based being a big leftist area and the whole shitty #metoo bullshit. 

Seriously would have to think hard about getting PS5 if Sony take this stance. Didn't care about any of the so called controversies related to cross play or back compact, but this will impact purchasing decisions. 

6 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

PS UK on the Senran Kagura Burst Renewal censorship

I am certain that this statement will not be abused to hell by people who are angry about the censorship as a meme about some more popular games with very similar releases year after year. Surely not.

This is their "Pride and accomplishment" post.

There has been a few gaming sites saying this is now Sony's new approach of interaction games,
This would also explain why NekoPara got a delay as you can touch and rub "underage" looking girls (even if they are over age in the game).

It's just a theory getting posted a bit but it would not surpise me at all.

• Like 2

This is a new Oof from $ony, what Im wondering is how theyre not allowing this mode in the game but not only allowing that kiss scene from TLOU2 but also showing it as soon as their conference started ?, also if this become a new trend then I can see several M rated games getting censored which will be the end. Hope this SJW trend ends cause I can see everyone is tired from them and they are getting more annoying by the day to the point of not allowing fun to anyone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, INinjaRaidenI said:

This is a new Oof from $ony, what Im wondering is how theyre not allowing this mode in the game but not only allowing that kiss scene from TLOU2 but also showing it as soon as their conference started 1f914.png, also if this become a new trend then I can see several M rated games getting censored which will be the end. Hope this SJW trend ends cause I can see everyone is tired from them and they are getting more annoying by the day to the point of not allowing fun to anyone.

Probably because Ellie is 19 in the last of us part 2 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walt the Dog said:

Because it's about the interactivity of it combined with the sexual element and, if I may be true to how those doing the censoring percieve it, more... assaulty element of the content censored. It's been more or less the same with a lot of stuff that's been censored. Mugen Souls had the bath minigame cut, Criminal Girls had the voice lines taken away from the punishment minigames to make it not seem like they were resisting (as well as adding some pink mist to certain CGs), and Monster Monpiece had some loli characters' final form cut due to the possible interactivity with them.

By comparison, the kiss from TLOU2's trailer is in a cutscene and therefore not interactive, not to mention it was clearly and obviously consensual. It's a no-brainer why Sony is more concerned about a minigame where you can grope up a high school girl as she pleads for you to stop than a consensual kiss between two women.

For the record, the censorship pisses me off as well. That said, it also kills me to see people immediately jumping to erroneous conclusions like this since it just mars any attempt to make things right. You can't hope to fix anything if you can't even be bothered to understand what exactly you're fighting, after all.

Probably a lot of it has to do with their ages too, if they changed them to be 18, it might have gone by without any issue 

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

In other words, this new policy was likely enacted due to current societal issues from the past year or so 

Honestly, I get the feeling it has more to do with Omega Labyrinth Z getting banned and then covered on BBC. Would not be surprised if that scared Sony shitless, prompting them to cockblock OLZ from releasing at all and enact this new policy to try to make sure that doesn't happen again. If it were really about changing social norms, I feel like it would've happen sooner than the last few months and on a worse scale than "you can't have interactive minigames."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Because it's about the interactivity of it combined with the sexual element and, if I may be true to how those doing the censoring percieve it, more... assaulty element of the content censored. It's been more or less the same with a lot of stuff that's been censored. Mugen Souls had the bath minigame cut, Criminal Girls had the voice lines taken away from the punishment minigames to make it not seem like they were resisting (as well as adding some pink mist to certain CGs), and Monster Monpiece had some loli characters' final form cut due to the possible interactivity with them.

By comparison, the kiss from TLOU2's trailer is in a cutscene and therefore not interactive, not to mention it was clearly and obviously consensual. It's a no-brainer why Sony is more concerned about a minigame where you can grope up a high school girl as she pleads for you to stop than a consensual kiss between two women.

For the record, the censorship pisses me off as well. That said, it also kills me to see people immediately jumping to erroneous conclusions like this since it just mars any attempt to make things right. You can't hope to fix anything if you can't even be bothered to understand what exactly you're fighting, after all.

Thats a new oof to me, didnt know those games got censored aswell, what I dont see is the point of censoring something that only a few amount of people are going to buy it and in top of that theyre clearly adult games. I hope $ony learns in the future that they should only listen to actual gamers instead of those creatures that are sucking the fun out of everyone :\

Just now, Walt the Dog said:

Honestly, I get the feeling it has more to do with Omega Labyrinth Z getting banned and then covered on BBC. Would not be surprised if that scared Sony shitless, prompting them to cockblock OLZ from releasing at all and enact this new policy to try to make sure that doesn't happen again. If it were really about changing social norms, I feel like it would've happen sooner than the last few months and on a worse scale than "you can't have interactive minigames."

If that's true, it would certainly be a nuclear knee jerk reaction. They're honestly making Nintendo look good now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

Please don't mistake my confusion and curiousity with stupidity. I am confused cause I know nothing about this game or why people want to "virtually" (??) fuck underage girls -- whether it's in a game or real life... the morality of it is wrong.

If you were so confused and curious, perhaps you should have actually researched it? Maybe then you'd know that no one is "virtually fucking" anyone in these games. Not even close.

1 hour ago, dokkanexpert said:

I know nothing of the game or what "action" is required. So I am to blame for getting worked up over something I know very little about.

At least you admit it.

1 hour ago, dokkanexpert said:

-- so in the end, I don't really deserve to be treated like a piece of shit all because I voiced my personal opinion of this game. Ya'll are just taking your feelings of disagreement over my said opinion and turning it into insults and hurling them at me. Yes, I am human too. Yes, some words hurt. I take things said on this forum a little more seriously for a reason. Being attacked for voicing a concern or belief goes against my rights as a human, because everyone should be free to voice to their opinion freely without being ridiculed.

In your first post in this thread, you called everyone "sick bastards", then made a status update calling people "sick and twisted" or something like that. So please, don't act like you just stated your opinion and got attacked for it. When you start out by insulting everyone, then spout nonsense because you're ill-informed, of course the responses are going to be negative.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

If that's true, it would certainly be a nuclear knee jerk reaction. They're honestly making Nintendo look good now

We live in a world where EA is legitimately trying to fight Belgium on lootbox laws, 2K is boasting about overworking employees in regards to RDR2, and AAA companies in general are being poor sports about the pushback on lootboxes. I do not underestimate the power of big corporations to make dumb decisions. :shakefist:

1 minute ago, Walt the Dog said:

We live in a world where EA is legitimately trying to fight Belgium on lootbox laws, 2K is boasting about overworking employees in regards to RDR2, and AAA companies in general are being poor sports about the pushback on lootboxes. I do not underestimate the power of big corporations to make dumb decisions. :shakefist:

I think 2K was also begging "fans" to contact their politicians in Belgium and tell them that they wanted the loot box ban overturned