Senran Kagura Burst Re;Newal Censored and Delayed for PS4

fisty123

I can't believe this idiotic response is real. I don't buy it. I'm dreaming.

Hope that guy gets fired and the tweet goes viral.

Edit: success. Media is talking about it and a lot of comments in Twitter and Disqus.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

PS UK on the Senran Kagura Burst Renewal censorship

I am certain that this statement will not be abused to hell by people who are angry about the censorship as a meme about some more popular games with very similar releases year after year. Surely not.

the funniest part about his comment about games being the same is that it can be applied to sports games and Call of duty (most fps games actually).

10 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I think 2K was also begging "fans" to contact their politicians in Belgium and tell them that they wanted the loot box ban overturned 

i would congratulate Belgium for that ban.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2018 at 9:52 PM, SnowxSakura said:

Nah, they don't care about it in Asian countries.

This is probably only a western branch policy

im hoping adding english to video games becomes easier and the norm in the future. if Sony america don't want to be assoicated with weeb games then i'll buy from sony Asia.

• Like 3

On 10/15/2018 at 11:06 AM, Aranea Highwind said:

Sony is passing the blame on the publisher when they are the one who blocked the intimacy mode. Someone on Twitter asked them why the mode was removed and this is what Sony has to say.

Do people not actually speak English? That's not what that said. It's still a stupid tweet, but it's not blaming the publisher. It's telling people to take any future query to the publisher.

It literally says "it doesn't meet our standards anymore". How is that blaming the publisher? Call Sony stupid for trying to get people to go ask the publisher about these things when it's Sony's policy. That's stupid as hell, but it's not "blaming the publisher".

Anyhoo, I think it's absurd to censor games that fit within the rating board's standards. The rating boards were established for a reason, and while I hate them, at least it's more consistent (to some degree). And more importantly, is not up to the whims of a console maker.

Things like this are stupid, we shouldn't be limited based on the standards of some idiots at Sony. Or Nintendo. Or MS. Reminds me of when Nintendo was refusing games on moral grounds like Binding of Issac. They eventually changed their minds. So there ended up being no reason for the restriction at the time and people just missed out on a good game on Wii for no reason.

We shouldn't have to deal with stupid bias from companies. Leave the nonsense to the ESRB and other rating boards around the world.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Do people not actually speak English? That's not what that said. It's still a stupid tweet, but it's not blaming the publisher. It's telling people to take any future query to the publisher.

It literally says "it doesn't meet our standards anymore". How is that blaming the publisher? Call Sony stupid for trying to get people to go ask the publisher about these things when it's Sony's policy. That's stupid as hell, but it's not "blaming the publisher".

Anyhoo, I think it's absurd to censor games that fit within the rating board's standards. The rating boards were established for a reason, and while I hate them, at least it's more consistent (to some degree). And more importantly, is not up to the whims of a console maker.

Things like this are stupid, we shouldn't be limited based on the standards of some idiots at Sony. Or Nintendo. Or MS. Reminds me of when Nintendo was refusing games on moral grounds like Binding of Issac. They eventually changed their minds. So there ended up being no reason for the restriction at the time and people just missed out on a good game on Wii for no reason.

We shouldn't have to deal with stupid bias from companies. Leave the nonsense to the ESRB and other rating boards around the world.

Even with the ratings board, it's still down to the platform holder to decide if they want something or not on their environment

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

Even with the ratings board, it's still down to the platform holder to decide if they want something or not on their environment

Way to miss the entire point of my comment. I don't think they should do that. Which is why I said exactly that.

My Asian Copy was posted a day or so back, which means it should be with me by this time next month :). In future, I'm not pre-ordering any ports of JP/Asian games until I know with 100% certainty they will make it past Sony's draconian laws intact but if they get canned or censored in any way - then I'll just order the untouched JP/Asian originals instead.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Katt said:

it seems there are some bad news, the stupid policy arrived to Japan.

NSFW content in spoilers.

It's time to go mad.

No Sony........ just.... no....

?

Why do you insist on turning my console into a glorified Blu-ray player

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Katt said:

it seems there are some bad news, the stupid policy arrived to Japan.

NSFW content in spoilers.

It's time to go mad.

Here is the translations of each tweet (according to Twitter's translate option):

First Tweet:

I was watching the PS4 version with Nora and the CG regulations have been enhanced than the Vita version W mysterious light Mr. Wwwwwww CERO It :D was true that the regulation from Sony recently was enhanced or regulated up here in the W.

Second Tweet:

Even the bare skin of the wwww was erased. First piece: PS4 edition 2nd piece: Vita version 3rd edition: PC version

What a shame to see Sony going in this direction, even in Japan where this kind of content is usually more accepted than here in the West.

• Like 2