Senran Kagura Burst Re;Newal Censored and Delayed for PS4

fisty123

Hmm. This is an hard one, side with the Social Terrorists who once gets something get louder and louder until they destroy a medium or with the developers of a mediocre franchise, who makes the same game over and over again, (and on a fast rate too) banking all on a single gimmick.

Though, I suppose if Sony got knock down a pedestal  maybe they'll stop making interactive third person movie with minimal rpg mechanics and maybe try.

1 hour ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

Well, guess its officially time for me to learn Japanese with all the censoring lately 1f61d.png

You might still need to get another system. I'm guessing the PS5, in terms of anime games, will have the selection of Xbox360, except that at least had idolm@ster.

Your best bet is a Switch or a PC if you want to get games with full content. I'm choosing PC.

Remember this very well: this is not titty issue, the main problem here is CENSORSHIP, this could lead to other types of censorship in the future.

I've added a link with the petition to my signature. If you support this cause, I suggest you to do the same.

Edited by Katt
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Katt said:

Your best bet is a Switch or a PC if you want to get games with full content. I'm choosing PC.

Remember this very well: this is not titty issue, the main problem here is CENSORSHIP, this could lead to other types of censorship in the future.

I've added a link with the petition to my signature. If you support this cause, I suggest you to do the same.

I thought about going back to Nintendo but you cannot back-up your game saves there. an m$ is just not worth it in my opinion so unless something changes PS4 might be my last system (or wait and go used next gen)

9 hours ago, Katt said:

Signed.

I don't plan to stray from Sony.

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Please Sony, I beg you, allow nintendo to use the trophy system. They still don't censor their games. Having to choose between collecting my trophies and good games from a company that doesn't treat decades long loyal consumers as bags of absolute fucking shit is not on. 

The lack of trophies is one of the main reasons I keep thinking of getting a switch. Though one of the reasons I still have not is that the save files cannot be backed up.

Sony does what Nintendon't. Censorship. Even in Japan.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/10/sonys-ps4-censorship-policy-forces-japanese-devs-to-censor-games-in-japan/71032/

While the games shown here are not my jam, that doesn't matter.  I'm against censorship.

I'll say it again, let's hope they don't go after violence next.  IS2G, if they tell SNK that Samurai Spirits can't have dismemberment... I'll be a little mad.

I hate that NFL Blitz had to drop the late hits in the PS3/X360 version.  Right, no more contact after the whistle.  Neither Sony nor Microsoft were to blame... it was the NFL's call, but it still sucks.  In the earlier versions, it's fun to leap onto a tackled ball carrier to tease a comment out of the announcer like "That was completely unnecessary, but a lot of fun to watch", "Whoa with the late hits!" etc.   Gotta love cutting the other team's TD endzone dance short with a swift flying tackle.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

The lack of trophies is one of the main reasons I keep thinking of getting a switch. Though one of the reasons I still have not is that the save files cannot be backed up.

A lack of trophy challenges is a reason you Do want a switch? How does that work? It's not like you're forced to go for any trophy you don't find fun...

This is out of control.

Spoiler

A new policy from Sony Interactive Entertainment is forcing Japanese developers to censor games in not only western regions but now even in their home country.

Japanese developer light recently held a live broadcast (via Hachima) where they confirmed Sony’s new and aggressive policy against sexual themes in seemingly only Japanese-made games is actually preventing them from releasing their latest visual novel.

The game, Silverio Trinity (pictured), is their latest visual novel opus – and it has sexual themes in it. Developer light noted that Sony is getting strict with their approval process, especially regarding sexual themes.

The developer noted they were hoping to release the game for PlayStation 4 soon after New Year’s as development on the game is complete, however, Sony has been reluctant to approve the game.

Furthermore, Sony is confusingly asking Japanese developers to plead their approval only in English, making the process even more difficult for developers whose staff only speak or write in Japanese.

The developer noted if they were to release the game for Windows PC (via Steam) they could release it next week.

While the western releases of Japanese games with sexual content have been censored for decades, this is the first time we’re hearing of a platform holder forcing Japanese developers to censor their game for release in their home country.

This new policy from Sony forced publisher PQube to cancel the western release for Omega Labyrinth Z, as well as Marvelous to remove a reoccurring feature in their latest Senran Kagura game, Senran Kagura Re:Newal.

Other Japanese games have been censored for release in Japan as well, like the PlayStation 4 version of another adult visual novel. Nora, Princess, and Stray Cat. While the PC, PS Vita, and Switch versions were released entirely uncensored, while the PlayStation 4 version has giant white censor streaks over the anime girls’ naughty bits.

Western made games with gratuitous sexual themes, like Red Dead Redemption or Sony’s various David Cage games, seemingly remain outside this new policy.

https://nichegamer.com/2018/10/27/new-sony-censorship-policy-is-forcing-even-japanese-developers-to-censor-themselves-in-japan/

• Like 1

Love how they keep going on this kind of shit on this type of games that those sjws dont even play while at the same time like it was mentioned in a comment from Katt's link, theyre sorta pushing and celebrating that Dream Daddy game, not to mention Assassins Creed didnt suffered this type of bullshit with that quest they left in the game that all those journos were celebrating about. Its a shame Sony has gone full woke but the good thing is that by doing so they will go broke ?

• Like 2

On 10/25/2018 at 11:54 PM, gameoverDude189 said:

Sony does what Nintendon't. Censorship. Even in Japan.

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/10/sonys-ps4-censorship-policy-forces-japanese-devs-to-censor-games-in-japan/71032/

While the games shown here are not my jam, that doesn't matter.  I'm against censorship.

I'll say it again, let's hope they don't go after violence next.  IS2G, if they tell SNK that Samurai Spirits can't have dismemberment... I'll be a little mad.

I hate that NFL Blitz had to drop the late hits in the PS3/X360 version.  Right, no more contact after the whistle.  Neither Sony nor Microsoft were to blame... it was the NFL's call, but it still sucks.  In the earlier versions, it's fun to leap onto a tackled ball carrier to tease a comment out of the announcer like "That was completely unnecessary, but a lot of fun to watch", "Whoa with the late hits!" etc.   Gotta love cutting the other team's TD endzone dance short with a swift flying tackle.

It would be better if violence was censored over ecchi content

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katt said:
Spoiler

Western made games with gratuitous sexual themes, like Red Dead Redemption or Sony’s various David Cage games, seemingly remain outside this new policy.

It's good that not every game is affected by this, but if anything, this just shows the clear bias they have against Japanese/anime games. I'm sure a lot of smaller developers will stop releasing their games on anything Sony related altogether because of this bullshit policy. It probably isn't worth the time and effort for them.

• Like 1

This is fucking disgusting. Fucking with my Senran kagura was one thing. But now they are censoring other games in Japan!?!?!??!

???? 

Sony has evolved into Soyny. They have reached maximum levels of SJW that shouldn't be possible. What the fuck are they trying to accomplish? What brain dead morons are operating this shit? Fire them and give me my Senran kagura uncensored.

Edited by The Titan
  • Like 4

Seems Warriors Orochi might have also undergone some physics removals and more to come. Now Naotora can't have jiggle or something? She's 30-40, has a son and is gigantic in stature. This ship has sunk. Too bad for the trophy hunt, but in the end it's just an extra.

Well, I was kind of interestd in Xenoblade 2 anyway and am a huge Metroid Prime fan. This isn't even a contest anymore.

3 hours ago, Katt said:

This is out of control.

Reveal hidden contents

A new policy from Sony Interactive Entertainment is forcing Japanese developers to censor games in not only western regions but now even in their home country.

Japanese developer light recently held a live broadcast (via Hachima) where they confirmed Sony’s new and aggressive policy against sexual themes in seemingly only Japanese-made games is actually preventing them from releasing their latest visual novel.

The game, Silverio Trinity (pictured), is their latest visual novel opus – and it has sexual themes in it. Developer light noted that Sony is getting strict with their approval process, especially regarding sexual themes.

The developer noted they were hoping to release the game for PlayStation 4 soon after New Year’s as development on the game is complete, however, Sony has been reluctant to approve the game.

Furthermore, Sony is confusingly asking Japanese developers to plead their approval only in English, making the process even more difficult for developers whose staff only speak or write in Japanese.

The developer noted if they were to release the game for Windows PC (via Steam) they could release it next week.

While the western releases of Japanese games with sexual content have been censored for decades, this is the first time we’re hearing of a platform holder forcing Japanese developers to censor their game for release in their home country.

This new policy from Sony forced publisher PQube to cancel the western release for Omega Labyrinth Z, as well as Marvelous to remove a reoccurring feature in their latest Senran Kagura game, Senran Kagura Re:Newal.

Other Japanese games have been censored for release in Japan as well, like the PlayStation 4 version of another adult visual novel. Nora, Princess, and Stray Cat. While the PC, PS Vita, and Switch versions were released entirely uncensored, while the PlayStation 4 version has giant white censor streaks over the anime girls’ naughty bits.

https://nichegamer.com/2018/10/27/new-sony-censorship-policy-is-forcing-even-japanese-developers-to-censor-themselves-in-japan/

I'm done with Sony. I'm just gonna be playing Nintendo Switch.