Trophy thoughts for LEGO DC Super-Villains

MidnightDragon

10 minutes ago, MyAssStretched said:

they will be soon, I wouldn't lie or fake the other stacks. NA, EU, JP and AS will have their own trophy sets. 

I certainly hope not haha - the last several LEGO games have been so nicely organized and all have been one single list 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I certainly hope not haha - the last several LEGO games have been so nicely organized and all have been one single list 

I'll try my EU copy later today and see if I have any trophies that I already earned on NA version pop. I actually forgot I had it. :P 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MrUnknown625 said:

Anyone know if there will be DLC trophies for this one? Some have had it last few years and some haven't. It has a big universe it could draw things from. the recent ones that haven't had any were things like Incredibles and Ninjago where i don't see how much could be added.

It'll have DLC trophies.

11 hours ago, SunnyCrappyYT said:

I'll try my EU copy later today and see if I have any trophies that I already earned on NA version pop. I actually forgot I had it. :P 

To get back on this - EU has a separate list, but it isn't live yet. So don't worry if you got multiple versions. :) 

6 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Yep, it has repeat lists - How does a company go from knowing how to organize their lists for the most part to not knowing how to organize them at all? This is killing me, it's like Square Enix with Final Fantasy all over again. :facepalm: 

Right? I mean, it's absolutely shocking how many companies just don't understand the power of regional stacking lists on extra sales.

Glad to see TT finally getting it right with their LEGO lists. ?

13 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Right? I mean, it's absolutely shocking how many companies just don't understand the power of regional stacking lists on extra sales.

Glad to see TT finally getting it right with their LEGO lists. 1f60e.png

People don't understand how much of a mess this will be down the line, how it has potential to be abused by crappy games (More than it already has), and how it will affect Sony if they intend on adding any useful trophy-related features officially to PSN in the future (It already breaks profile comparing), but most people aren't interested in those scenarios at this point in time anyways.

But for now it's just more repetitive work on my end. :dunno:

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

People don't understand how much of a mess this will be down the line, how it has potential to be abused by crappy games (More than it already has), and how it will affect Sony if they intend on adding any useful trophy-related features officially to PSN in the future (It already breaks profile comparing), but most people aren't interested in those scenarios at this point in time anyways.

But for now it's just more repetitive work on my end. :dunno:

I 100% understand how you feel about this, because I have the exact same set of problems on .org. It used to be the case that a stack only happened when a game was either heavily censored or a version ended up with so much extra content that a separate list was justified but these days, there's no rhyme nor reason as to why some games get a single list and others get loads.

Another thing which really annoys me, is when a list gets added that has multiple spelling mistakes and/or the game has an icon/trophy pack title which bares little resemblance to what the game is actually called.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I 100% understand how you feel about this, because I have the exact same set of problems on .org. It used to be the case that a stack only happened when a game was either heavily censored or a version ended up with so much extra content that a separate list was justified but these days, there's no rhyme nor reason as to why some games get a single list and others get loads.

Another thing which really annoys me, is when a list gets added that has multiple spelling mistakes and/or the game has an icon/trophy pack title which bares little resemblance to what the game is actually called.

Wait a second, Terminator is that you? :P 

Yeah I've asked people familiar with the process and basically developers have the option to separate them in a lot of ways now, and some do it unintentionally because they don't know or if a dev does something particular with a trophy list it will split - Sony seemingly has no interest in organizing it all either...

And luckily I haven't let spelling mistakes and icons get to me... yet haha

• Like 1

22 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

I am just waiting for the other three stacks to show up, since I pre-ordered EU, NA, JP and AS.

They're up.

As for me, I doubt I'll get this game, until it's heavily discounted. After grudgingly platting Lego Batman 3, I don't think I can stand another Lego DC game. 

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Yep, it has repeat lists - How does a company go from knowing how to organize their lists for the most part to not knowing how to organize them at all? This is killing me, it's like Square Enix with Final Fantasy all over again. :facepalm: 

But the power of stacking. How could devs not want that! Square Enix fucked up by not making multi-region sets for pocket edition of FFXV, since the regular and Monsters of the Deep have 5 lists each. 

59 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah I've asked people familiar with the process and basically developers have the option to separate them in a lot of ways now, and some do it unintentionally because they don't know or if a dev does something particular with a trophy list it will split - Sony seemingly has no interest in organizing it all either...

If you ever get a chance to talk to a dev, can you ask why some games still come out with PS3 tag (like Stardew Valley, Phantasy Star Online 2, both BIT.TRIPs, etc.) Hell, there was one game on here that had a Vita tag, even though it's a PSVR game. I mean sometimes, developers correct their mistags, like how Destiny had Vita tag once, but much of the time, they just leave the tag, which makes it more confusing (like E.X. Troopers, Disgaea D2 Asia, Escape Dead Island, and one of the Ratchet games having a Vita tag, even though only being on PS3)

15 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

If you ever get a chance to talk to a dev, can you ask why some games still come out with PS3 tag (like Stardew Valley, Phantasy Star Online 2, both BIT.TRIPs, etc.) Hell, there was one game on here that had a Vita tag, even though it's a PSVR game. I mean sometimes, developers correct their mistags, like how Destiny had Vita tag once, but much of the time, they just leave the tag, which makes it more confusing (like E.X. Troopers, Disgaea D2 Asia, Escape Dead Island, and one of the Ratchet games having a Vita tag, even though only being on PS3)

Basically when they do that they just have no idea what they're doing or have some sort of intention on releasing it on another platform but it just never pans out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Yes, it's me - our resident Cyborg ?.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes, it's me - our resident Cyborg 1f60e.png.

Haha awesome, it all makes sense now! I feel dumb, never put two and two together! To be fair you don’t use the same name here :P 

Well then you know the struggle with this as well for sure :highfive: