What the efff is this?

zeero7uk

23 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

Well, zer007uk did ask what this game was about, and grifteskymfning made it very easy for him and everyone. A quick google (and maybe a bit of translating) would answer his question. But let me make it easier for everyone, so they don't have to google it.

The game is called "Wer weiss denn sowas?" in German meaning "Who knows what?". It's a video game based on a very popular German TV show. It releases on October 18th. Up to four players can play the game at the same time. More than 20 hours can come out of this with 30 complete shows with more than 390 questions from over 100 categories. Unfortunately, it's only in German.

Upvote for helping

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

It's a video game based on a very popular German TV show.

Actually, it's not that popular. ;) But thanks for the estimated time it might take.

I just want to mention that the trophy requirement for the :platinum: is total BS, as it says you have to answer 150 questions correctly to unlock this trophy. Another good example that some devs don't give a shit about trophies or have no idea how the trophy system works.

• Like 2

It's just another crappy flash-game quality german quiz show game. Just like Schlag den Raab. It was probably made to be advertised during the show, which i don't remember seeing even once in my life. So the show isn't even that popular. Just a quick cash-grab for the makers of the show.

I guess the golden rule applies here again: Just for hardcore trophy whores.

5 minutes ago, MRTheChez said:

Sure it's easy. But before calling a trophy bullshit make sure that clicking 10.000 times with My Name is Mayo is also bullshit. So your answer remains hypocrite.Seeing your average trophy rarity is 68.36% makes it clear that you buy easy games for easy platinum. Perhaps shots fired, but I encourage multi cultural games. Even if it's German. And yes even if it's easy. They did make a game for their community. Let's just appreciate that.

want even aware ppl look at things like that :D

fun fact we germans mostly cringe about the bullshit german games some ppl throw on the market.

And schlag den raab was probably one of the better ones.

but there are enough busshit games in english too, and everytime I see one I am ashamed of what ppl do to make money, srsly. 

1 hour ago, MRTheChez said:

Sure it's easy. But before calling a trophy bullshit make sure that clicking 10.000 times with My Name is Mayo is also bullshit. So your answer remains hypocrite.Seeing your average trophy rarity is 68.36% makes it clear that you buy easy games for easy platinum. Perhaps shots fired, but I encourage multi cultural games. Even if it's German. And yes even if it's easy. They did make a game for their community. Let's just appreciate that.

You misunderstand that - @AvengedEvilpointed out that Platinum trophy in this case has its own requirement (which as we all know, of course doesn't work like that), not an usual description like "Earn all other trophies".

Same crap like "Maria The Witch", "Thug Life" or "Raining Coins" -> Yep, devs have no clue about the trophy system.

52 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

fun fact we germans mostly cringe about the bullshit german games some ppl throw on the market.

Like "Ostwind"? :D.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 4

I might be interested in this game, I started learning german a few months ago and it could be a good game to play, not to mention I love quizz games.

But I see trophies for playing with 3 and 4 players so it'll depend on how this works. Maybe we need 4 controllers or there's an online feature...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devil-Danna said:

I might be interested in this game, I started learning german a few months ago and it could be a good game to play, not to mention I love quizz games.

But I see trophies for playing with 3 and 4 players so it'll depend on how this works. Maybe we need 4 controllers or there's an online feature...

well that depends.

the phrase "wer weiss denn SOWAS!?" indicates that she questions will ask "funny", strange or useless  knowledge. is there an english prase for "unnützes wissen"  germans helpme out here :D

a lot of questions will postulate knwoledge about german puns, sayings and words with doublemeanings or even VERY local colloquial language, so it will be "tricky" even for germans in the different local areas. I even think It can be fun, maybe i will give it a try. 

I don't know how doable this is without a native, depends on the questin difficulty and how easy you can google that shit ^^"

49 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

well that depends.

the phrase "wer weiss denn SOWAS!?" indicates that she questions will ask "funny", strange or useless  knowledge. is there an english prase for "unnützes wissen"  germans helpme out here :D

a lot of questions will postulate knwoledge about german puns, sayings and words with doublemeanings or even VERY local colloquial language, so it will be "tricky" even for germans in the different local areas. I even think It can be fun, maybe i will give it a try. 

I don't know how doable this is without a native, depends on the questin difficulty and how easy you can google that shit ^^"

I don't really care about the difficulty of the questions. Even if you don't know the answers you can always learn them, or find help somewhere. With a quiz game there's always a way to become good at it. But if the game requires 4 controllers there's nothing I can do, I only own 2

9 minutes ago, Devil-Danna said:

I don't really care about the difficulty of the questions. Even if you don't know the answers you can always learn them, or find help somewhere. With a quiz game there's always a way to become good at it. But if the game requires 4 controllers there's nothing I can do, I only own 2

maybe you can borrow 2 from friends? they can com over and you play together, thats they way it should be anyway ^^"

in my town you can lease them in video rental stores. if you think the game is worth it

4 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

Actually, it's not that popular. ;) But thanks for the estimated time it might take.

I just want to mention that the trophy requirement for the :platinum: is total BS, as it says you have to answer 150 questions correctly to unlock this trophy. Another good example that some devs don't give a shit about trophies or have no idea how the trophy system works.

I have never seen the show obviously but 150 questions correctly doesn't SEEM that bad.

6 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

The game is called "Wer weiss denn sowas?" in German meaning "Who knows what?"

2 hours ago, Ai-ds_low said:

the phrase "wer weiss denn SOWAS!?" indicates that she questions will ask "funny", strange or useless  knowledge

Yeah, it's more like "Who even knows such things?" or "Who even knows that stuff?".

• Like 1