Bugs & glitches

Erkawest

The 1 FPS bug also happened to me once during my gameplay, was inside and outpost when the game suddenly started to freeze 2 seconds then load 2 seconds and repeat, this stopped when i turned my camera angle to another direction. Not sure if this temporarily solved it, but could be that something kills the FPS when you look at it

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the latest patch that was just released today, I may have encountered another glitch:

On the island of Lemnos (northeast side of the map), there's an Ancient Stronghold in the Sky Fall Lakes eastern region. It requires you to kill 1 captain and 16 cultist guards, find 1 Ostraka, and loot 3 treasures. I killed the captain and all 16 cultist guards, found the Ostraka and looted 2 of the 3 treasures. I later learned the last treasure is tied to a quest you acquire in the region of Elis at the far west side of the map. So I decided to move on until I get around to exploring Elis.

The update then happened. And when I got back on and looked at Ancient Stronghold, it said I have 0/1 for Kill Captain, 0/16 for Kill Cultist Guard, 1/1 for Find Ainigmata Ostraka, and 2/3 for Loot Treasure.

Basically, the Ostraka and treasure is accurate, but killing everyone isn't. I went back to the base and sure enough, everyone was still dead. Hoping that when I complete the quest associated with that last treasure, it'll correct itself, but if it doesn't, it'll irk me to no end.

EDIT: I couldn't go to bed without doing the quest to see if it'd correct itself. It did. Apparently because it's quest related and wants you to 

Spoiler

avenge the death of the quest giver

it respawns all the cultists again.

Edited by Pirelli913
Fixed

On 10/22/2018 at 9:24 PM, Jamescush147 said:

The Blind King mission has a glitch at the very end, if you happen to of opened the treasure chest that the king tells you about at the end. For some reason the treasure goes in the 'junk' pile and if you sell it, no ending for the mission.

And with the newest patch this is fixed! ?

I may have encountered a problem with the game that may or may not be solvable:

Basically whenever I find another cultist clue, it still doesn't allow me to unveil the cultists identity.

This will either be fixable or I might have to restart the game (shame considering I've put 50+ hours into it)

On 10/21/2018 at 2:29 PM, Pirelli913 said:

During the Battle of Hundred Hands side quest, I can't train with Roxana. This appears to be a bug since patch 1.0.3 and the devs seem to be aware of it: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1944289-Bug-Report-Sparring-with-Roxana

This one happened to me as well. During my 100 hr play through I had some other issues, but nothing major. I fell through the world and died only twice and the other time i fell through the world i landed and was able to fast travel out. The trophies for visiting all areas and clearing all underwater areas may be glitched as well... or maybe i missed one or two somewhere...

During the Battle of Hundred Hands side quest, I can't train with Roxana. This appears to be a bug since patch 1.0.3 and the devs seem to be aware of it: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1944289-Bug-Report-Sparring-with-Roxana

This one happened to me as well. During my 100 hr play through I had some other issues, but nothing major. I fell through the world and died only twice and the other time i fell through the world i landed and was able to fast travel out. The trophies for visiting all areas and clearing all underwater areas may be glitched as well... or maybe i missed one or two somewhere...

2 hours ago, Tturtle said:

If you think you got them all and want to double check, here's a guide (with screen shots). I was missing two and upon completing them, the trophy popped:

https://twinfinite.net/2018/10/assassins-creed-odyssey-underwater-locations-guide/

• Like 1

a bug that happens to me every like 6 hours

an NPC torso glitches out through the ground, the game slows down to about 1fps, my character dissapears, and sometimes the glitch spreads on other NPCs

only ways of fixing this are either manage to run away far enough from the glitched NPC or quit to main menu and come back in the game

idk if to categorise this as game breaking but it sure is annoying

My 100 hour experience bugs (PS4):

- Multiple forts/gang hide outs reset after i cleared them on the next time i start up the game eventhough i saved the game.

- Game slows down when sailing towards and nearing Attika (frame drops)

- Huge frame drops when clearing a fort and they call for reinforcements (1 fps/unplayable)

- Found about 2-3 spots where you climb/jump and you end in a free-fall pose for about 20secs and then die (desychronized)

- A small issue, but i hate it: Cant disassemble legendary items (i have a few double and are basically useless)

2 hours ago, kendev1994 said:

My 100 hour experience bugs (PS4):

- Multiple forts/gang hide outs reset after i cleared them on the next time i start up the game eventhough i saved the game.

- Game slows down when sailing towards and nearing Attika (frame drops)

- Huge frame drops when clearing a fort and they call for reinforcements (1 fps/unplayable)

- Found about 2-3 spots where you climb/jump and you end in a free-fall pose for about 20secs and then die (desychronized)

- A small issue, but i hate it: Cant disassemble legendary items (i have a few double and are basically useless)

I thought that not being able to disassemble legendary items was a gameplay feature, not a bug. o.o

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 8:29 AM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Most of the above I experienced too - especially the kill/collect something not registering. But saving the game there and then, exiting to the main menu and then loading up again forced the game to update itself. None of them were game-breaking for me though and a minor inconvenience.

The biggest and only significant bug i've encountered is the issue occurring between the in-game capture feature and the PS4 image gallery. Which has a manual fix, but something to be aware of if you like taking pictures like me: 

Seems I should have looked here first. :facepalm: I've been facing this issue for weeks if not a couple months. I finally googled it and saw on a ubisoft forum that Odyssey is the reason this has been happening. One of the fixes in the thread worked for me though.

1) Upload the pictures as attachments in a msg thread. Dummy account, friend, whatever.

2) Delete all the photo mode pictures. (they'll have a controller mark in the lower left corner)

3) Delete all the photos in game. There's the option for "My Photos" to make this somewhat easier, but you still have to scroll around press :down: to delete them.

4) This is optional since it wasn't required of me, but the fix I saw said to turn off photo mode. Again, I didn't need to.

• Like 1

I've only had 2 so far but I've only been playing for 8 hours (ish). When I tried to complete the objectives of one of the 'forts', I only had 2 people out of the camp to kill then out of nowhere about 7 guards popped up and also a bear, but the bear couldn't be hurt.

Another one is when I did a guest for 'a witch', after I completed her task of killing 5 wolves I had to return back to her to talk to her but instead she stared to attack me so I couldn't complete the quest, I killed her to fail the quest to try again. Did give me a laugh at first tbh

Kinda glad to see this thread...I need other people's opinions. Over on PST, a couple people were saying they've never experienced any glitches in this game...whereas I have something minor popup nearly every time I play. Now, they said they're on PS4 Pro's, whereas I'm on an OG PS4. 

But some of the issues I've experienced in my 48 Hours of playing (all on Patch 1.11), are:

- A bug where an NPC clips through the ground, then the framerate drops to an an unplayable mess...usually you have to get away from them or turn the camera a certain way to make it speed back up. This has happened twice so far.
- Had an issue a few hours ago where 1 of 2 War Supplies in a small military camp wasn't there to burn so I couldn't complete the camp without reloading an older save from over an hour before that point.
- In almost every cut scene, there's like a medallion on Kassandra's clothes (certain clothes) where the texture mapping never renders in (but it's fine during game play).
- I get the occasional stutter where the game freezes for a couple seconds...but it's an odd freeze where nothing is moving but I can still move the camera around. 
- I see Mercenaries around the map get stuck running in place until I get near them.
- I've had a few instances where I couldn't pick up loot, or in caves, loot clips behind the rocks. You can see the icon when you scan but you can't grab them for some reason. 

Does anyone else have these problems on a regular basis? I mean, it's not so bad that it kills my enjoyment...the game is fine more often than not. But I'm trying to figure out if this is a performance issue with the OG PS4 or if I'm extremely unlucky?

Edited by Viper

I've only had a couple so far, first was an invisible NPC (I could still see his sword and shield floating through the air). Approaching the group he was with caused the game to run at a handful of frames a second, managed to fix it by turning and running in the opposite direction. Unfortunately we were all going to the same place, so I had to follow them at a distance to avoid crashing the game :lol: 

I had the same bug in Origins, the cause there was ships ragdolling into the sky/underwater/onto land that caused the game to lag and then crash even when the ship was several hundred meters away. 

Other than that, NPC's have been managing to get themselves stuck in rocks, as in physically inside the rock. Luckily it hasn't happened to a captain or anyone else I might need so it hasn't been a problem. Also my horse seems strangely resilient to fall damage. I accidently rode him off a cliff (and saved myself by leaping off in freefall and grabbed onto the cliff, was badass) and made my way down expecting to see him splattered over the ground. But nah, he channeled his inner Argo and we both walked off unharmed. No lasagne for me. Though fall damage seems to be negligible in Odyssey so maybe it's intended.  

1 hour ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

Also my horse seems strangely resilient to fall damage. I accidently rode him off a cliff (and saved myself by leaping off in freefall and grabbed onto the cliff, was badass) and made my way down expecting to see him splattered over the ground. But nah, he channeled his inner Argo and we both walked off unharmed. No lasagne for me. Though fall damage seems to be negligible in Odyssey so maybe it's intended.  

What horse skin do you have? The Pegasus skin has a feature for not getting hurt or dying from any fall.

14 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

What horse skin do you have? The Pegasus skin has a feature for not getting hurt or dying from any fall.

I've got Hourglass from the Omega pack so he shouldn't have survived unless there's an effect from that skin I don't know about? Other only thing I can think of is it's possible that he hit something on the way down that broke his fall. It was a straight drop down but there were trees near where he fell, I didn't manage to keep him on screen so I didn't see exactly what happened but it was a hell of a surprise to see him alive when I reached the bottom. 

11 minutes ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

I've got Hourglass from the Omega pack so he shouldn't have survived unless there's an effect from that skin I don't know about? Other only thing I can think of is it's possible that he hit something on the way down that broke his fall. It was a straight drop down but there were trees near where he fell, I didn't manage to keep him on screen so I didn't see exactly what happened but it was a hell of a surprise to see him alive when I reached the bottom. 

No idea. I wouldn't have known about Pegasus if I didn't see it in a vid. Made me wonder if other items had hidden features.