Bugs & glitches

Erkawest

@Viper

I am also playing on OG PS4, 100 hours in.. 

I have seen the game freeze for a few seconds, usually it happens when I'm riding my horse/ship to a new area. I assume it's because of loading or auto-saving. One time, it froze for so long that I had to restart the game. I have also seen plenty of loot that can't be picked up, probably because it spawned inside a rock or underground. I've even seen sharks that are stuck inside the ground underwater. They swim around in tiny circles and I can't kill them.

The only other issues I've had are pretty bad texture pop-in, and some buttons not working in photo mode (d-pad and left stick I think).

19 hours ago, peffsi said:

@Viper

I am also playing on OG PS4, 100 hours in.. 

I have seen the game freeze for a few seconds, usually it happens when I'm riding my horse/ship to a new area. I assume it's because of loading or auto-saving. One time, it froze for so long that I had to restart the game. I have also seen plenty of loot that can't be picked up, probably because it spawned inside a rock or underground. I've even seen sharks that are stuck inside the ground underwater. They swim around in tiny circles and I can't kill them.

The only other issues I've had are pretty bad texture pop-in, and some buttons not working in photo mode (d-pad and left stick I think).

Okay yeah I had the shark thing..in fact the very first underwater area I went to at the beginning of the game had a shark completely clipped through a rock...he could see me and would aggro, but he couldn't touch me. However I was able to kill it by using a spear and getting really close to the rock...part of the spear clipped through and was able to hit him...couldn't retrieve the loot from it through.

Texture pop-in I get too. Usually it's on the rocky surface of mountains. The rocks can look like Play-Doh for several seconds before the texture finally shows. 

So it seems glitches are rather normal, and the guys on PST just got seriously lucky. I was only worried because back when AC Syndicate was new, and I was playing that...I was getting what I thought was a glitch where the framerate would slow to a crawl when riding a carriage...which was apparently a known glitch, but people were saying I should have had it as bad as I was, then more of my games started having framerate issues...it turned out it was a problem with my HDD (which is a 2TB I put in my PS4). I had to completely reformat it outside of my PS4 and go through the whole setup/instillation process to getting working again. And here we are about 2-3 years later and the HDD has been working fine ever since, so I thought it may have been a crazy coincidence that yet another AC game was causing Hard drive problems. So while these glitches are a nuisance, it's reassuring to know that it's normal for most people.

• 3 weeks later...

Worst glitch i come across a lot is climbing up a building or rock & somehow getting stuck inside the house/cave.

Had a merc tracking me and was able to damage him when he came near the building but then he lost sight of me and wandered off.

I tried for about 15 mins doing parkour tricks to get warped back outside the house or cave & it never worked, so I resorted to loading an auto-save.

Have also experienced big fps drops. Trying to fight 3 mercs in a fort and suddenly it lags with 1 frame per 5 seconds basically.

It took a few minutes but eventually cleared up.

Lastly, I get crashing a lot. Especially when I fast travel to the Arena or when fighting the Cyclops (not Steropes -- the other).

That is about it.

Edited by dokkanexpert
Spellcheck

I've had at least 10 MORE of the FPS drop glitch since I posted above...and I've since learned what causes it.

If it happens to you again, look around you...an NPC will have clipped through their surroundings...usually their upper body will be stretched out into the surface they're clipped to (sometimes you can even hear them screaming like they're being attacked). The game only goes back to normal if you can get enough distance from that glitched NPC, also not looking in their direction. 

It almost only happens to me in large forts though and is completely random. Still something that should have been fixed after all these patches. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I've had at least 10 MORE of the FPS drop glitch since I posted above...and I've since learned what causes it.

If it happens to you again, look around you...an NPC will have clipped through their surroundings...usually their upper body will be stretched out into the surface they're clipped to (sometimes you can even hear them screaming like they're being attacked). The game only goes back to normal if you can get enough distance from that glitched NPC, also not looking in their direction. 

It almost only happens to me in large forts though and is completely random. Still something that should have been fixed after all these patches. 

I too have had that same FPS glitch a few times. Glad to know it's just the game bugging out, I was worried there might be something wrong with my PS4.

Spoiler

I also had a strange bug with the latest DLC, even though I rejected Natakas every time I was given the opportunity, I still ended up having a baby with him. Weird bug that one, it's almost as if the game doesn't give you a choice in the matter.

7 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

I too have had that same FPS glitch a few times. Glad to know it's just the game bugging out, I was worried there might be something wrong with my PS4.

Hide contents

I also had a strange bug with the latest DLC, even though I rejected Natakas every time I was given the opportunity, I still ended up having a baby with him. Weird bug that one, it's almost as if the game doesn't give you a choice in the matter.

That's not a glitch, Ubisoft recently released a huge apology to fans for forcing them into not only having a baby, but for forcing your character into a straight relationship. I'm not sure if they're going to patch that or not, though.

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's not a glitch, Ubisoft recently released a huge apology to fans for forcing them into not only having a baby, but for forcing your character into a straight relationship. I'm not sure if they're going to patch that or not, though.

Yeah, I know, I was just joking ?

Legacy Episode 2 - Order of the Ancients - Nestor the Formidable

Once you uncover this cultist's location which is in the ocean, do yourself a favor and go kill him right away because if you are anywhere near him whether on land or water, there seems to be a bug where npc ships will attack and destroy him and you will randomly get his loot pop up on your screen (ship skin and figurehead) but you won't be able to confirm the kill marking him dead and receiving the next clue therefore his location icon will be on the map but when you travel to it there's nothing there. He will still be marked alive on the cultist's chart making it impossible to get the trophy. I'm stuck on 3/5 cultist kills. I've read this is happening to many. Dev team said they are looking into it on the official game forum. Hopefully not too many of you have experienced this.

Edited by Altergigo

6 hours ago, Altergigo said:

Legacy Episode 2 - Order of the Ancients - Nestor the Formidable

Once you uncover this cultist's location which is in the ocean, do yourself a favor and go kill him right away because if you are anywhere near him whether on land or water, there seems to be a bug where npc ships will attack and destroy him and you will randomly get his loot pop up on your screen (ship skin and figurehead) but you won't be able to confirm the kill marking him dead and receiving the next clue therefore his location icon will be on the map but when you travel to it there's nothing there. He will still be marked alive on the cultist's chart making it impossible to get the trophy. I'm stuck on 3/5 cultist kills. I've read this is happening to many. Dev team said they are looking into it on the official game forum. Hopefully not too many of you have experienced this.

This is a weird one, but have you tried using the engraving for breathing under water and going after his body? Recently I had to track a mercenary who somehow ended up in the water, and when he died I believe I was able to confirm the kill while floating next to him.

18 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

This is a weird one, but have you tried using the engraving for breathing under water and going after his body? Recently I had to track a mercenary who somehow ended up in the water, and when he died I believe I was able to confirm the kill while floating next to him.

Ya i tried that, unfortunately you dive so deep that the screen turns black and you can't see anything and i searched around for a while blindly and couldn't find anything. Hopefully they'll have as fix for this soon.

6 hours ago, Altergigo said:

Ya i tried that, unfortunately you dive so deep that the screen turns black and you can't see anything and i searched around for a while blindly and couldn't find anything. Hopefully they'll have as fix for this soon.

Damn I figured his body would have a marker on it or something. I've actually tried seeing how far down you can dive but I don't remember if the distance ever actually stopped or I got bored.

Does it give you the option to track him? That might help on the dive if anything. :dunno: 

19 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Damn I figured his body would have a marker on it or something. I've actually tried seeing how far down you can dive but I don't remember if the distance ever actually stopped or I got bored.

Does it give you the option to track him? That might help on the dive if anything. :dunno: 

You actually hit the bottom, you can dive about 90 meters, and yes he can be tracked, the problem with that is the game tracks the ship location instead of the npc so as you dive the tracker actually shows me moving away from the target... it just sucks all around lol.

I'm guessing you didn't have a problem getting the kill. I just hope i wont have to start a fresh playthrough just to get this trophy... I have about 150 hours on this playthrough and even with the Game+ coming soon, not sure i would sink that kind of time in a fresh playthrough for a while. I absolutely love this game, I just don't want to start over just for this trophy...

I will say, regardless of this issue i'm having, it would've been cool if Ubisoft took a page from Witcher DLC and gave you the option to start the DLC as a standalone playthorugh.

Edited by Altergigo

23 minutes ago, Altergigo said:

You actually hit the bottom, you can dive about 90 meters, and yes he can be tracked, the problem with that is the game tracks the ship location instead of the npc so as you dive the tracker actually shows me moving away from the target... it just sucks all around lol.

I'm guessing you didn't have a problem getting the kill. I just hope i wont have to start a fresh playthrough just to get this trophy... I have about 150 hours on this playthrough and even with the Game+ coming soon, not sure i would sink that kind of time in a fresh playthrough for a while. I absolutely love this game, I just don't want to start over just for this trophy...

I will say, regardless of this issue i'm having, it would've been cool if Ubisoft took a page from Witcher DLC and gave you the option to start the DLC as a standalone playthorugh.

I see. No I didn't have a problem getting the kill I just don't remember how I did it lol. I honestly think I cleaved his ship in two but I can't be certain. (I have a very...very shitty memory. Oddly enough it's about the one constant thing I can remember. :awesome:)

I wonder if you would have to do an entirely new playthrough with NG+. You'd have the level necessary, but how far would the story need to be progressed?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I see. No I didn't have a problem getting the kill I just don't remember how I did it lol. I honestly think I cleaved his ship in two but I can't be certain. (I have a very...very shitty memory. Oddly enough it's about the one constant thing I can remember. :awesome:)

I wonder if you would have to do an entirely new playthrough with NG+. You'd have the level necessary, but how far would the story need to be progressed?

You have to be on Episode 7 and level 28 to start DLC... level is no issue but Episode 7 oi... typing that just made me sick a little LOL. I can relate, i forget what i had for breakfast all the time?

• Like 1