Silent Hill for Kikcstarter

DarkLordSHTR

6 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

I would make it on purpose and name it Silent Hill :D but would work in secrecy and when it got finished, I would distribute it all around the net for free. :D

Konami can suck it.

Looks like we have a volunteer to front and take on the law suit. Let's make it happen guys!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

I would make it on purpose and name it Silent Hill :D but would work in secrecy and when it got finished, I would distribute it all around the net for free. :D

Konami can suck it.

They'll be sucking on all the free cash from you after they sue you into oblivion for copyright infringement 

With all respect and love, making remake of Silent Hill one will be very hard job like investing into AAA project level of current Resident Evil 2, where kickstarter is useless in a first place, because there is no way you'll ever reach enough money to maintain such project. Maximum what you can get are shitty indie game or HD patch that already exists for the Silent Hill 2 for PC, that you only need to port.

38 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They'll be sucking on all the free cash from you after they sue you into oblivion for copyright infringement 

As I said, in secrecy. How the the hell will they know that I made it? Enlighten me please, sirs!

Edited by Ptirle

3 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

As I said, in secrecy. How the the hell will they now that I made it?

It doesn't matter, it'll be immediatly taken down as soon as it's released.

OR you can simply ignore them and continue working on it in not-so-much secrecy, like they're doing with AM2R.

Ok, surely I wouldn't put it on ps store, steam or something if that's what you thinking... ;)

meaning no release for consoles, yes, but who cares, it would be playable on pc. And when Konami dies I would buy the IP for a dollar and release it on consoles later :):D:D

Edited by Ptirle

Seriously this time, I don't see why Bluepoint games couldn't remaster SH 2,3,4? I just hope that their next game is the remake of Silent Hill or Metal Gear Solid. 

If it's Metal Gear or something from Konami, then there is a big chance that we will see the remake of Silent Hill in near future.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

If their recent greenlight on the 2 castlevania remasters do well, it could signal a shift in their attitude towards their game library and perhaps lead to more remasters, including silent hill, if nothing else

"Remasters" lol, they're the PSP ports, emulated, it's pretty much confirmed at this point.

9 hours ago, Ptirle said:

Seriously this time, I don't see why Bluepoint games couldn't remaster SH 2,3,4? I just hope that their next game is the remake of Silent Hill or Metal Gear Solid. 

If it's Metal Gear or something from Konami, then there is a big chance that we will see the remake of Silent Hill in near future.

Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes is only on Gamecube but it would be nice to see it ported. Silent Hill has only gotten a Re-Imagining (like Resident Evil 2) which was Shattered Memories on PSP I believe. That game was so different it was barely recognizable as Silent Hill, I will say a remake would be nice but I doubt that will happen.

13 hours ago, Ptirle said:

That would be a fantastic idea, given what they did with shadow of colossus.... I would like seeing this collection on ps4 :) 

Edited by Nimera

8 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

"Remasters" lol, they're the PSP ports, emulated, it's pretty much confirmed at this point.

Port, remasters, remakes whatever. The point still stands that there's a (slim) possibility that Konami may do something with it if their castlevania project is successful 

4 hours ago, DarkHarmonixer said:

Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes is only on Gamecube but it would be nice to see it ported. Silent Hill has only gotten a Re-Imagining (like Resident Evil 2) which was Shattered Memories on PSP I believe. That game was so different it was barely recognizable as Silent Hill, I will say a remake would be nice but I doubt that will happen.

It was on Nintendo Wii then later for Ps2. If it didn't have Silent Hill in the name, it would be cool game on it's own thou...

I believe Konami took down a Metal Gear Solid remaster that someone was working on a few months ago, but ended up bringing them on as an intern and seeing the remaster inspired a lot of people at Konami to get back to making games. If they genuinely meant that, then maybe we'll get a remaster down the road. Hopefully the Castlevania port is an indication of Konami returning to their senses.

• Like 1