Crash Fest

Asmund

Game crashed 15 times over the course of 5 hours absolute mess. Saves only happen when you complete missions or do side quests so if your going probe hunting your screwed if it takes a dive on you.

Edit: 23 times at 7 hours play. got worse deeper in I went.

Edited by Asmund89

On 19/10/2018 at 3:22 PM, rabatopotatoe said:

Have you tried to redownload or even rebuild database, because honestly that sounds like its somehow on your end when your crashing every 20mins.

In both games, the crashing was mainly in the last 1/3 of the story and would crash on a regular basis when doing certain missions. Most of my games have crashed once or twice in their lifetime but other than notorious crashers like NMS and Fallout 4, nothing has come anywhere close to how often DAH! 1& 2 crashed on me :(. To answer your question though, I did both and they didn't make a blind bit of difference to how often the games crashed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typos.

23 hours ago, rabatopotatoe said:

Have you tried to redownload or even rebuild database, because honestly that sounds like its somehow on your end when your crashing every 20mins.

Could have been the pace at which I was playing too, 100% ed the game in 11 hours so I was going pretty full out on car destruction / side quest mission spamming. Not sure but I looked around and I guess for these two games it's a semi common thing for some people. One reddit page implied it had something to do with junk data? from blowing up so many cars on a level. But, speculation etc etc.

• 1 year later...

This game crashes so goddamn much. After losing about 2 hours progress, I found that you can enter the options menu and change something irrelevant like the music audio level to force the game to save.

If you're thinking of playing DAH for nostalgia, skip this and play the remaster coming out instead.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The "Capitol Tour" side mission crashes every time I reach the 2nd or 3rd checkpoint and its the only side mission I have left to do. Super frustrating....  

***EDIT*** Okay so of course AFTER I decide to go on a forum and bitch about it... I figured it out. For some reason, this specific side mission would crash every time if I had Military awareness. Did another attempt, but this time I used the "Nobody loves you" cheat whenever I got to police awareness and it didn't crash. 

Edited by Oodles-O-Brutals
  • Like 1