Trophy Thoughts?

Paul

looks like a standard set but i never played resonance of fate on ps3.

6/10 difficulty 

100+ hours to complete

then again i think when RPG's are rated higher it's more than likely because of missables, if one can grind against levels it can make the experience easier useful if stuck.

Edited by kingdrake2

2 hours ago, monteblommie said:

Great game but dear god the trophy for getting a star on each arena level is absolutely horrible.

It has you play each arena  level 10 times for no good reason.

I remember it being a huge grind.

I was playing a game with a friend on his account. But I remember getting all stars on the ng+ run and it was fairly easy at least the first ones. But my memories could be blurry (

I am gonna enjoy playing Resonance of Fate again on PS4, I didn't beat the PS3 version, but I will try to platinum the PS4 version. Though I am a little sad that the pre-order page for it isn't up in the PS Store. I tried to comment on PS Blog, but the site won't let me because of whatever odd reason. I tried livechat and they weren't even helpful. Sony must have screwed things up with this. It will soon be out Friday and we may get the pre-order bonuses when we buy the released version this Friday.

17 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

I am gonna enjoy playing Resonance of Fate again on PS4, I didn't beat the PS3 version, but I will try to platinum the PS4 version. Though I am a little sad that the pre-order page for it isn't up in the PS Store. I tried to comment on PS Blog, but the site won't let me because of whatever odd reason. I tried livechat and they weren't even helpful. Sony must have screwed things up with this. It will soon be out Friday and we may get the pre-order bonuses when we buy the released version this Friday.

Wouldn't they have announced preorder bonuses by now if they planned on having any?

6 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

They announced avatars and a theme with the preorder. Its on their official site. 

Yeah. So maybe we'll see if Tri-Ace will fix their mistake either tomorrow or Thursday. If not, then let's hope they do a Star Ocean 4 and include the avatars and a theme upon when pruchased upon release.

Pretty cool this is getting a PS4 release! I never played it on PS3, but always wanted to so I'll give this one a look down the road. 

As a side note though, I get irritated when Developers just name the Platinum: "Platinum Trophy", wish they would put more effort into the naming. But I understand this is an older game, back in the days when trophy hunting wasn't as big as it is now. 

Edited by wilwheaton5

2 hours ago, Ironshell_thor said:

I was playing a game with a friend on his account. But I remember getting all stars on the ng+ run and it was fairly easy at least the first ones. But my memories could be blurry (

It's not easier or take less time on NG+. The reason it takes long is that arena fights don't have leader enemies. In random battles you can just kill the leader and rest will flee, so it's possible to complete a fight in 2 actions. The arena bosses can easily be killed in 2-4 actions at high or max level, but a lot of the low tier fights take a lot of actions no matter how strong you are. A bunch of them have several armored enemies which requires you to "kill" the armor before killing the enemy (unless you waste AP ammo on them) so a high level and gun stats only help that far. Basically it's just about killing a lot of trash enemies and this game does not have an easy insta-kill all trash ability.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, monteblommie said:

Great game but dear god the trophy for getting a star on each arena level is absolutely horrible.

It has you play each arena  level 10 times for no good reason.

I remember it being a huge grind.

buddy i share your painful memory

and getting the gold guns for the secret dungeon 

16 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

It is a digital release only

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT NOOO WAYYYY!!!!!!!

why?!?!

dammn it 

I'm saying no thanks to trophies again for this one, but I highly recommend the game to anyone who hasn't played it. Yes - the arena trophy is a bad one. But other than that, the game offers hours of fun to Tri-Ace and JRPG fans (which isn't always easy to find). One of the best battle systems of any JRPG ever.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 11:36 PM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Sorry guys but why there are two lists? There is a JP stack and an other region stacks? 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8332-resonance-of-fate-4khd-edition

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8331-resonance-of-fate-4khd-edition

There is 3 lists for RoF, JP,NA, and EU.

There is a lot of games have 2+ separate lists for no reason but good for us trophy hunters. :P

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

hi everyone im currently doing this game on my YT channel  as a platinum guide lets play streaming 

MY ROF platinum playlist

i want to know whats the method to grind money in this game now that they fixed the scope selling trick on ps3 

also what is the best colored hexes to linkup terminal the blue line or the green hexes 

also im in CH4 and i feel the game is starting to get tougher a bit