A Tale of Trophs and Tropheries

RedRodriguez87

So OK, this DOES look like a pretty straightforward and easy looking trophy list.

But still, Soul Calibur 5 had alot of these basic looking trophies, and yet that unforgiving AI (at least when I played it) made getting most of them a pain in the Calibur.

So, I argue that the overall difficulty (for noobs at least) is still up in the air right now.

Ho Ho Ho!

Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate to you guys. Here comes DK with some info about the platinum difficulty. Both NeoElazul and I agree that this game is a 7/10 difficulty.

Don't let the list fool you, it is NOT as easy as it looks.

Online is a joke, character stories are easy, so is the main story... but then there's Libra of Soul xD

Don't worry about Globetrotter trophy, this one isn't super long as you might think.

The problem is the difficulty of some of the final enemies in the game. I won't spoil you who it is in Libra of Soul, but believe me when i say: you will get your ass kicked badly by 2 of them. The other difficult task are those 30 Astral Fissure Sealing missions. This trophy sounded easy at first but boy was I wrong....

You fight other people's characters in those missions. They level vary from 45 to 70. The problem is.... they get some perks when you have to fight them. As an example: some of his moves do more damage, you get damaged even if you block or the WORST BULLS#iT i have ever seen: your light attacks don't stagger the enemy. That means you can only hit them with harder attack if you want them to be in block stun, which are punishable as shit or you hit them with lights and they f-ing ignore that and punch you through your attacks.... just a small tip from me => if you ever get THIS type of mission... don't even bother. You can do side mission in between for the astral fissure to disappear and a new one will appear and you have a chance of an easier one.

Good luck with this "easy" plat guys :P

• Like 3

@SnowNinjaRaccoon but when it is against the AI there are always ways to exploit them. Just like beating Story mode in KoF XIV in the hardest difficulty without continues. Playing normaly is almost impossible because the AI is an input reading piece of shit, but you can easily exploit them to roll toward you and punish them (and that is an Ultra Rare, lol).

Nice to see that the online portion is only about playing. Still, I won't be buying this one over the day 1 DLC fiasco. Will wait for a complete version or buy it for like $15 used.

Edited by AndresLionheart

It looks easier than SC5, It's sad that I don't have the motivation to go back on SC5 to plat it, not after I lost all my PS3 save data A while ago... Not a huge fan of SC but I loved SC4 and 5, so I'll get this one at a good price later, next year hopefully.

52 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

@SnowNinjaRaccoon but when it is against the AI there are always ways to exploit them. Just like beating Story mode in KoF XIV in the hardest difficulty without continues. Playing normaly is almost impossible because he AI is an inout reading piece of shit, but you can easily exploit them to roll toward you and punish them (and that is an Ultra Rare, lol).

Nice to see that he online portion is only about playing. Still, I won't be buying this one over the day 1 DLC fiasco. Will wait for a complete version or buy it for like $15 used.

I'll tell you how it is. You can use some weird tactics to exploit the AI in the first 2 rounds of the fight. Once the AI loses 2 rounds it will stop fall for you tricks and just start getting batshit. (talking about the hard enemies only)

9 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

Glad to know the online is easy. I'd rather deal with bullshit AI than with grindy/difficult online trophies.

Depends on how cheap the A.I. is really. I will take online trophies any day over the joyless bullshit that was the Invasion Bosses in Mortal Kombat X.

13 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

That's a great thread title.

Glad to know the online is easy. I'd rather deal with bullshit AI than with grindy/difficult online trophies.

Agree'd. 

AI can no doubt be cheap but also exploitable. Take MK9 and some of the towers for example. Shao Kahn could be an absolute pain if you tried to fight him legit but you could easily beat him by spamming with Stryker. I'm sure this will be no different once it's out and everyone finds different strategies. 

I'm just glad the online trophies are simple, I was dreading it'd be some grindy ones like "win 500 ranked matches" or "play 1,000 matches online." 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Killbomb said:

Depends on how cheap the A.I. is really. I will take online trophies any day over the joyless bullshit that was the Invasion Bosses in Mortal Kombat X.

Same here.

Online trophies could be a drag, but with a good boost buddy, they are guaranteed to come with little to no headache.

A cheap unpredictable Ai on the other hand? Especially an endgame type? Psh, no thank you.

On 16/10/2018 at 8:12 PM, Killbomb said:

Agree to disagree. I mean you're not wrong, there are various degrees of bullshit in both cases (Score Attack Mode in Persona 4 Arena comes to mind), but I prefer that over win streaks in ranked or get to max level in online or some crap like that.

On 17/10/2018 at 0:26 AM, CaptainJeff87 said:

Agree'd. 

AI can no doubt be cheap but also exploitable. Take MK9 and some of the towers for example. Shao Kahn could be an absolute pain if you tried to fight him legit but you could easily beat him by spamming with Stryker. I'm sure this will be no different once it's out and everyone finds different strategies. 

I'm just glad the online trophies are simple, I was dreading it'd be some grindy ones like "win 500 ranked matches" or "play 1,000 matches online." 

Indeed. Specially in fighting games where the player base drops off fast. Good luck getting your ranked wins if you didn't get them during/close to launch.

On 10/16/2018 at 7:35 AM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Ho Ho Ho!

Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate to you guys. Here comes DK with some info about the platinum difficulty. Both NeoElazul and I agree that this game is a 7/10 difficulty.

Don't let the list fool you, it is NOT as easy as it looks.

Online is a joke, character stories are easy, so is the main story... but then there's Libra of Soul xD

Don't worry about Globetrotter trophy, this one isn't super long as you might think.

The problem is the difficulty of some of the final enemies in the game. I won't spoil you who it is in Libra of Soul, but believe me when i say: you will get your ass kicked badly by 2 of them. The other difficult task are those 30 Astral Fissure Sealing missions. This trophy sounded easy at first but boy was I wrong....

You fight other people's characters in those missions. They level vary from 45 to 70. The problem is.... they get some perks when you have to fight them. As an example: some of his moves do more damage, you get damaged even if you block or the WORST BULLS#iT i have ever seen: your light attacks don't stagger the enemy. That means you can only hit them with harder attack if you want them to be in block stun, which are punishable as shit or you hit them with lights and they f-ing ignore that and punch you through your attacks.... just a small tip from me => if you ever get THIS type of mission... don't even bother. You can do side mission in between for the astral fissure to disappear and a new one will appear and you have a chance of an easier one.

Good luck with this "easy" plat guys :P

How long did it take you