More trophies coming!!!

Vengloss87

3 hours ago, Vengloss87 said:

Taken from the EU PS Blog: Beyond new story missions, there’s a whole new faction of enemies, new crimes, new challenges, new trophies, and of course, three brand new suits.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/10/16/marvels-spider-man-first-dlc-the-heist-releases-next-week/

Thanks, man. So happy to be getting more trophies for this game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Insomniac confirms the new game plus is now "coming soon".

Kotaku updated their recent article for Spider-Man this morning at 8:42 am. A sony representative told Kotaku that new game plus is set to release before the end of the week.

https://kotaku.com/insomniac-says-spider-man-s-new-game-plus-isn-t-coming-1829796220

So we get it before the new DLC drops.

Edited by SnizelPS

On 10/16/2018 at 10:21 AM, DarkHpokinsn said:

Haha that’s hilarious, Spider-Man is far more addictive than Tomb Raider or that lame new Assassins Creed. 

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I own all three (Spider-Man, Tomb Raider, Odyssey) and have enjoyed all three to varying degrees. That "lame new" Assassin's Creed is far from lame and is super fun, but I'll probably take a break from it to replay Spider-Man on NG+ and Ultimate difficulty and The Heist DLC.

29 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Kotaku updated their recent article for Spider-Man this morning at 8:42 am. A sony representative told Kotaku that new game plus is set to release before the end of the week.

https://kotaku.com/insomniac-says-spider-man-s-new-game-plus-isn-t-coming-1829796220

So we get it before the new DLC drops.

I probably won't get to it until after the DLC drops. Currently having too much fun playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey. When the DLC hits, I'll take a break from it to play The Heist and then NG+.

• Like 2

On 16/10/2018 at 4:54 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

This. They also lost a dlc sale because for this game I'd have been willing to buy the dlcs to get 100% completion. But I'll be damned if you're gonna make me replay the entire game... and if I'm not gonna get 100% anyway not gonna bother going back to the game for the dlc.

Same here. I was keeping hold of my copy in readiness for getting 100% with some new DLC content but making me play it all again, I'll pass. 

3 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I just don't get it, if you enjoyed it why not play it again on a higher difficulty, sounds like you didn't enjoy it as much as you're claiming.

Not everyone wants to replay games. Personally, I loved Horizon Zero Dawn. It's one of my favourite games of all time. Have I played it again (either for trophies or fun)? No. I think if I did it would dilute the memory a little bit. Maybe in 10-20 years I might go back for a bit of nostalgia, but straight away? In the same year? Not for me.

I know what it's like to have memories of a game tarnished by overplaying it. Three times I went through Resi 7 for the plat. After the first time I thought the game was amazing. After the third time, the sheer thought of that game just irritated and grated on me. Even now -  several months on - that negative feeling still resides about Resi 7. It just wasn't worth the plat.

Edited by JPageMartin36

2 hours ago, zeit86geist said:

seems like those NG+ difficulty related  trophies are now a thing ☹️ tbh, i was hoping for story related trophies and some miscellaneous trophies... off to NG+ i guess... devs need to be more creativ with trophies, hitman on ps4 was a good example..

Yeah, really not thrilled with this trend. I cannot *stand* replaying games of a linear, story based nature. I already know everything that's going to happen, and everything coming gameplay wise. If I could *just* replay the gameplay elements, sans story, cutscenes or anything of the sort, and I *really* loved the game, then I can be down for it.

Otherwise, I'll store my save game for a decade or so, and replay it years down the line in NG+. Having all these games releasing with NG+ trophies added to them is starting to suck, however. I'd much prefer moving onto something new and different, versus rehashing the same old same old.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Coladar said:

Yeah, really not thrilled with this trend. I cannot *stand* replaying games of a linear, story based nature. I already know everything that's going to happen, and everything coming gameplay wise. If I could *just* replay the gameplay elements, sans story, cutscenes or anything of the sort, and I *really* loved the game, then I can be down for it.

Otherwise, I'll store my save game for a decade or so, and replay it years down the line in NG+. Having all these games releasing with NG+ trophies added to them is starting to suck, however. I'd much prefer moving onto something new and different, versus rehashing the same old same old.

I agree, it's a pretty low-effort way to "add" content. I'm cool with a game having NG+, but there really isn't a reason in the world that it should be tacked on after the fact, IMO.

11 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I just don't get it, if you enjoyed it why not play it again on a higher difficulty, sounds like you didn't enjoy it as much as you're claiming.

You don't define how or how much I enjoy games. There are almost NO games I want to replay. Period.

I don't have the time or patience to go back to games. new games I want to play are constantly coming out on top of an already massive backlog that I have. And I despise re-doing things in general. If I were playing a game (and thought it was great) and halfway through the save borked and lost everything, I'd drop the game instantly.

So there is certainly no fun for me to be had in replaying a game I already completed, and I do not care to be "challenged" by a higher difficulty.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

I personally don't understand why people are complaining about a NG+ trophy or new difficulty trophy. You don't want to replay the game, that's fine, no one's forcing you to replay it. Doesn't mean you can't go after them in the future, assuming you haven't sold your copy yet. (Personally, I consider that a waste of $60 to just play it once and discard it.) Anyway, a few weeks ago I played through just the story on hard. Hard really isn't that hard and the story isn't that long.

But you do what you gotta do. If you don't have the time or just don't like replaying games for whatever reason, just remember the fun you had and move on to the next game you're looking forward to. (For many, I assume that's RDR2.)

• Like 3

It looks like the update is out as well. No idea if it contains NG+ yet.

Patch is 4.7GB btw.

Edit: There's two patches: 1.07 and 1.08. One of them, the 4.7GB is probably the dlc data. The other is 360MB.

Edited by nickr_

16 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Just a heads up, trophies are up for NG+ and Ultimate mod/first DLC chapter, but still not here on this site :x

You can ask Mango to manually update it on here, otherwise the site automatically updates for DLCs at least once a day. But that's dope. Can't wait to get back to Spider-Man after having played zombies all week. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nickr_ said:

It looks like the update is out as well. No idea if it contains NG+ yet.

Patch is 4.7GB btw.

Edit: There's two patches: 1.07 and 1.08. One of them, the 4.7GB is probably the dlc data. The other is 360MB.

It has the NG+ for sure :D

z7igk4ifh6t11.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 1:23 PM, zeit86geist said:

seems like those NG+ difficulty related  trophies are now a thing 2639.png tbh, i was hoping for story related trophies and some miscellaneous trophies... off to NG+ i guess... devs need to be more creativ with trophies, hitman on ps4 was a good example..

There are more trophies and NG+ and Ultimate difficulty.

There's even more story ones.

I personally don't understand why people are complaining

it is an odd thing indeed. Personally, I might do my complete NG+ playthrough after alll the DLC drops.With the amount of other games coming out in Oct and Nov it just works out well for me. I don't get the issue with devs changing their game over time. Don't play it, simple. No amount of gaming theory, "shoulda been dis. shoulda been dat.", or back-in-my-day logic will change what is taking place.

• Like 2