More trophies coming!!!

Vengloss87

1 minute ago, BlindMango said:

Went ahead and updated the DLC trophies here - I'm not enjoying the New Game Plus DLC trophy trend lately :facepalm: 

You and me both... but luckily, it is before the DLC is released, so... I might see if I can go through it, just something else to play.  All I hope is that I can do NG+ on Ultimate Difficulty, otherwise... I don't know if I can be arsed playing through the game 2 more times.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Wha'ts funny is that this trend of adding NG+ and difficulty trophies after a game's release actually makes it easier/faster to get platinums. 

That's more like a calculated compromise than a funny a coincedence and it will surely give a new look to trophy value both in-community and from dev perspective.

I see from the comments that a lot of people are not liking these "extra" DLC for NG+ and Ultimate Difficulty.

Myself personally, I do prefer that developers add this stuff after the game.

I would have been bummed if a bronze trophy for NG+ and silver trophy for Ultimate difficulty to be included in the main game and a requirement for the Plat.

I don't feel that additional trophies are necessary for NG+ or hardest difficulty, but they are there. Would have thought for Ultimate difficulty it would have been a gold trophy at least.

Edited by DysectorZA
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, steel6burgh said:

So when i played throughs the 1st time I didn't buy any upgrades or suit as recommended to get the platinum.  Therefore, I have no idea what sort of build, suit, mods, etc.. would be best for NG plus ultimate difficulty.  Can anybody shed some light.  

Right now, I can't say for certain, since I've gotten the suits, all skills, gadgets mostly upgraded (not all though).  But based upon the first part against Fisk and all that, it was just really, normal stuff, the ability to take out two enemies one after the other with the circle and triangle combo is useful.  I did use my spiderbro power against Fisk and his lackeys, helped clear the room a bit, not as hectic.  But with me being level 50, that did help to deal more damage to normal enemies, and even made the Fisk fight not last as long.

1 hour ago, mecharobot said:

That's more like a calculated compromise than a funny a coincedence and it will surely give a new look to trophy value both in-community and from dev perspective.

For plats it looks more like coincidence to me than a concession from any dev team.
If we ignore trophies then it looks like a way for the devs and Sony to increase the relevancy of the game beyond it's release window. I am not sure if I prefer DLC coming 6 month to a year after release, like the Surge. Or if I prefer DLC coming out a month or so after a game released. Either works for me and only changes how I approach a game. 

Not the best Spider-Man game out there. I've always told myself to never rush into buying games, though Detroit and Jurassic World were worth it. The Sam Raimi suit makes it a little more manageable to do the dlc, which I unfortunately rushed into buying upon release. Well time to get my money's worth. But then again, the Black Cat ? dlc was 10x better than the base game.

Edited by CloudIchigo

Well, won't get 100% more than likely as I felt the game was not enjoyable. Doubt I beat my head against a wall playing the entire thing over again for New Game Plus and Ultimate difficulty. Played easy first time around and thing was a pain with its lack of dodging and playing as normal people sneaking around.  Will look into heist as I own it but doubt it is any better.

2 hours ago, DharmaDan said:

Looking at PSN now and next to the new game+ trophy is showing 0.01% completion and the infamous trophy has 0.0% I hope this does not mean you have to do them separate. 

Nope, both at once... some may not wish to though, so maybe that's why.  But I'm doing NG+ on Ultimate Difficulty for reference.  It lets you pick which difficulty you want to go with when you start your NG+ playthrough.

On 10/16/2018 at 11:53 AM, TurtlePM said:

Honestly, I don’t think there is a reason for NG+ for this game, atm. Everything can be done after you complete the main story, people can easily level up until Level 50... they could simply add a tab in the menu to replay story missions... or add anything else to justify the NG+ (even raising the level Cap)

I spent some hours to 100% the game not even a month ago, I’ll return later (some months) to get the new trophies and remember/replay story missions. Let’s hope we’re allowed to skip some story missions (like the stealth parts with both characters)...

Um some people just want to replay the game for the sake of it.

7 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Went ahead and updated the DLC trophies here - I'm not enjoying the New Game Plus DLC trophy trend lately :facepalm: 

Why not? It only makes Platinums easier.

3 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Well, won't get 100% more than likely as I felt the game was not enjoyable. Doubt I beat my head against a wall playing the entire thing over again for New Game Plus and Ultimate difficulty. Played easy first time around and thing was a pain with its lack of dodging and playing as normal people sneaking around.  Will look into heist as I own it but doubt it is any better.

SAD.

9 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I'm really sick of the NG+ trophy trend. It's just a waste of time. I'm all for adding NG+ for people that really want to replay the game, but don't add trophies for it. It's either way too easy (Spiderman on Ultimate, Horizon Zero Dawn on Ultra Hard, Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Deadly Obssession) or way too hard (Last of Us Grounded+)...and difficulty aside, I don't really ever have an interest in replaying games unless it's my favorite franchise, so they're just ruining the 100% completion.

NG+ works really well for Dark Souls and similar games, but a lot of these super story-based games don't have the greatest gameplay and once I've seen the story there's no suspense or anything left. I've been doing Spiderman NG+ for 4 hours and i'm bored out of my mind.

• Like 3