Vengloss87

More trophies coming!!!

150 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Pokedude97 said:

 

I'm really sick of the NG+ trophy trend. It's just a waste of time. I'm all for adding NG+ for people that really want to replay the game, but don't add trophies for it. It's either way too easy (Spiderman on Ultimate, Horizon Zero Dawn on Ultra Hard, Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Deadly Obssession) or way too hard (Last of Us Grounded+)...and difficulty aside, I don't really ever have an interest in replaying games unless it's my favorite franchise, so they're just ruining the 100% completion.

 

NG+ works really well for Dark Souls and similar games, but a lot of these super story-based games don't have the greatest gameplay and once I've seen the story there's no suspense or anything left. I've been doing Spiderman NG+ for 4 hours and i'm bored out of my mind.

 

I‘m getting very annoyed bis this as well...

 

Well, at least you can do it on NG+ and can hence focus on the story and ignore the rest. Imagine if you‘d have to do Ultimate from scratch and be forced to do that repetitive side stuff again... *shiver*

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheExorzist said:

 

I‘m getting very annoyed bis this as well...

 

Well, at least you can do it on NG+ and can hence focus on the story and ignore the rest. Imagine if you‘d have to do Ultimate from scratch and be forced to do that repetitive side stuff again... *shiver*

 

Yeah it could be a lot worse. I just finished the NG+ Ultimate run in 6.5 hours. Horrible experience and I don't really ever want to play this game again, lol. Hopefully the DLC is decent though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, TheExorzist said:

 

I‘m getting very annoyed bis this as well...

 

Well, at least you can do it on NG+ and can hence focus on the story and ignore the rest. Imagine if you‘d have to do Ultimate from scratch and be forced to do that repetitive side stuff again... *shiver*

Not to mention you can skip cutscenes (well, almost all of them, not the Sinister 6 one), so that also cuts the time down, along with if you know what to do and where you need to go in missions.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SuperSaiyan3985 Um if they want to start a new game, just Start a New Game. OR why not adding a new tab with a mission select since the beginning then? Just like GTA V did with all its missions since day 1...

My point there was that I honestly doubt that after a month of its release, where people spent at least 25h playing it, they won’t start a new game if there wasn’t a trophy attached to it.

If it’s a NG+ like TLOU, what’s the point? I wanted to play with the last weapon available on the last mission since beginning, but it wasn’t possible, not even some kind of “unlockable” weapon like classic Resident Evil games...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only question I got, which might've already been answered, any NG+ or Ultimate unlocks? Or is it just bragging rights and 2 shiny trophies?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Popeguy said:

The only question I got, which might've already been answered, any NG+ or Ultimate unlocks? Or is it just bragging rights and 2 shiny trophies?

 

I don't understand the question, I'll try the best I can to answer :P

 

Both Ultimate difficulty and New Game plus trophies can be earned in a single run, simply start the New Game plus file after completing the game and choose Ultimate difficulty.

 

if the question is has anyone earned both already, yes, I've seen a user earn both trophies in a single run since the trophies were separated by a 30s margin.

 

If you are asking if there are trophies for ng+ and ultimate difficulty, yes, they do exist and they do serve as bragging rights, just like any other trophy ;)

 

Hope I answered your question somehow ahah

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks man and probably should've phrased it better, my bad. Is there like a suit or gadget or something for beaten either NG+ or Super Hard Mode?

Edited by Popeguy
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of these NG+ trophy patch either but I'm not going to lose my head over it. Horizon Zero Dawn, and now Spider-Man.

 

DLC trophies are fine because fans of the game will play them anyway but you're not going to convince trophy hunters to replay an entire game just to get 100% trophy list. The people who are asking NG+ features doesn't care about trophies. Spider-Man's platinum is easy but it's not that easy like Telltale or Mayo, it still take a lot of hours and days of playing for most people to achieve and to see over 10% of game owners has it must be endearing. It's a testament of great game done well. Now they had to add 2 silly trophies that detracts the 100% a lot of people has.

 

Thanks Studio Santa Monica for not doing it with God of War.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

but this game is addictive.

 

No, it's not for everybody. I really enjoyed this game but after I got the Platinum, there was nothing else to do in this game. I don't mind New Game+ and the new trophies, but I'm not in a hurry to finish this game again. I'm probably gonna play the DLC's first and then NG+. Maybe.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bpmotard said:

Are people that obsessed with their "perfect profile" that they would rather not enjoy a game? I'm trully confused here. I'm also a trophy hunter just like you guys but I won't ever put trophies over enjoying a good game. I understand that NG+ is a shore since you have to replay the game but there are so many people willing to play it one more time.

 

Also, I should add that the DLC trophies look like the standard complete everything to unlock all trophies, so I am down to that :)

 

Edit: I see, so the problem is adding trophies to new game plus instead of just adding the mode itself. I kind of understand that. But still...

I did enjoy the game the first time around (only got tired of it when I went for the completionist) but that is not the point. By adding such a trophy you are forced to replay it again if you want the 100% and that is annoying after you‘ve put so mich time in it. If Ultimate would have been in there from the start, I‘d have played it on that difficulty right away and would have also had my fun with it.

 

Now you can argue if it‘s necessary to get all the trophies but I think that is kind of a shallow question considering on which site we are...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I care about trophies and I wanted New Game Plus, so you’re wrong there. I do not see the big deal, why do people have to bitch about these things? I could see it if it was a terrible game but this game is addictive. I’ve been itching for the New Game Plus mode and now it’s here and we get a trophy for it? That’s awesome! Also it’s funny how you separate fans of the game and trophy hunters, when they are often one in the same.

 

That's not what I was going for. Sure we're all one and the same but there are people who dedicate their time towards different games if they have limited time, given that it's a packed month (AC Odyssey, RDR2 comes to mind). I also love that people are requesting harder difficulty and a NG+ feature to be added. They're welcome additions but if we don't have that dedication on earning 2 whole new trophies just for replaying, there's this feel of blemish of no longer 100%-ing the game. Like I said, it's not a big deal and I have no complaint.

Edited by chibuki
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Juzota said:

 

No, it's not for everybody. I really enjoyed this game but after I got the Platinum, there was nothing else to do in this game. I don't mind New Game+ and the new trophies, but I'm not in a hurry to finish this game again. I'm probably gonna play the DLC's first and then NG+. Maybe.

Lol it’s literally for everybody, anybody could play it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol it’s literally for everybody, anybody could play it.

 

What are you talking about? I said it's not addictive to everybody, including me. Then you come here with your statement making absolutely not any sense at all. I've had it for tonight. Thanks, bye.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Juzota said:

 

What are you talking about? I said it's not addictive to everybody, including me. Then you come here with your statement making absolutely not any sense at all. I've had it for tonight. Thanks, bye.

Sounds like a personal problem, I stand by saying it’s for everybody.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2018 at 6:01 AM, TurtlePM said:

@SuperSaiyan3985 Um if they want to start a new game, just Start a New Game. OR why not adding a new tab with a mission select since the beginning then? Just like GTA V did with all its missions since day 1...

My point there was that I honestly doubt that after a month of its release, where people spent at least 25h playing it, they won’t start a new game if there wasn’t a trophy attached to it.

If it’s a NG+ like TLOU, what’s the point? I wanted to play with the last weapon available on the last mission since beginning, but it wasn’t possible, not even some kind of “unlockable” weapon like classic Resident Evil games...

There's a big difference between replaying it with nothing and replaying it with maxed out gear.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

There's a big difference between replaying it with nothing and replaying it with maxed out gear.

 

There's no difference between a NG+ and a Chapter Select tab too ;)

Again, my point is that people spent hours playing and enjoying the game last month, if there wasnt a trophy attached to it, people would wait a bit longer to play it again, instead instantly jumping again to the game. I'm not pointing negative things to a NG+ function, but Horizon Zero Dawn had months between the game release and a trophy asking people to replay the game. This one had one month since release, it didn't need something like this so soon, that's all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 11:35 AM, TurtlePM said:

 

There's no difference between a NG+ and a Chapter Select tab too ;)

Again, my point is that people spent hours playing and enjoying the game last month, if there wasnt a trophy attached to it, people would wait a bit longer to play it again, instead instantly jumping again to the game. I'm not pointing negative things to a NG+ function, but Horizon Zero Dawn had months between the game release and a trophy asking people to replay the game. This one had one month since release, it didn't need something like this so soon, that's all.

So soon? NG+ is a feature that should be implemented at release yet so many game developers are late with it for whatever reason.

While I can see the merit in having to wait for it, because it'll give you time to forget about the game and thus creating a more fresh re-play.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 11:35 AM, TurtlePM said:

 

There's no difference between a NG+ and a Chapter Select tab too ;)

Again, my point is that people spent hours playing and enjoying the game last month, if there wasnt a trophy attached to it, people would wait a bit longer to play it again, instead instantly jumping again to the game. I'm not pointing negative things to a NG+ function, but Horizon Zero Dawn had months between the game release and a trophy asking people to replay the game. This one had one month since release, it didn't need something like this so soon, that's all.

 

Options are optional.
If you need more months to justify a NG+ then take all the time you need, Captain.
I don't see how what you personally want equates to what this, or any game, needs.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

So soon? NG+ is a feature that should be implemented at release yet so many game developers are late with it for whatever reason.

While I can see the merit in having to wait for it, because it'll give you time to forget about the game and thus creating a more fresh re-play.

 

Man, you’re saying the exact same thing I did: this should be available since beginning or they could wait some more time to add this “give players time “forget” most part of the game”. That’s why I said, in the first comment “don’t need this at the moment” because players spent hours playing it last month”, you still remember 80-90% of the game.

 

9 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

 

Options are optional.
If you need more months to justify a NG+ then take all the time you need, Captain.
I don't see how what you personally want equates to what this, or any game, needs.  

 

Neither me or anyone needs to justify anything, Captain. Again, that’s not my point (if you read my comments here, so far) -_- you said that you’d wait for all DLC releases to play the NG+ again. I guess you are in the same boat as I am here: you spent hours playing the main story, you remember everything, you might wait some time before playing the game all over again just for a single trophy of NG+.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of NG+, but I enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn and Spider-Man with all of the upgrades. It was a lot of fun, but I'm happy I didn't have to do all of the side stuff too...Definitely not worth it if you didn't love the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 8:24 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

 

SAD.

Not really, it is a crap game that visually looks good and for the most part, has a great story. As I leveled and was able to work around the obvious flaws of the combat system, I was able to tolerate the game. Never truly enjoyed except for flying through the air.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.