More trophies coming!!!

Vengloss87

Neither me or anyone needs to justify anything, Captain. Again, that’s not my point (if you read my comments here, so far) -_- you said that you’d wait for all DLC releases to play the NG+ again. I guess you are in the same boat as I am here: you spent hours playing the main story, you remember everything, you might wait some time before playing the game all over again just for a single trophy of NG+.

I didn't make any comment about this game needs or doesn't need. We are not in the same boat as this games DLC and handling of trophies isn't an issue and doesn't make me wish for changes to suit my taste or time schedule.

Me waiting for all the DLC before replaying the game is more about me wanting to play through several new games more than jumping a reply of this one. I might have replayed it if not for DQXI and getting Divinty 2 on sale that month.  I don't expect Insomniac, or any developer, to have a support cycle that is perfectly in tune with my schedule or backlog. This is how I am regardless of when anything as been added to a game. I have yet to replay or do the DLC Dragon Age Inquistion even though I have the complete edition. My replay of The Witcher(DLC included) came years after the initial release. When stuff is added isn't a big deal because I will play it when I want and have a chance. It truly doesn't matter if NG+ was included at launch, added 1 month later, or added 10 years later.

To be honest I wasn't really excited to jump back into it for new game+, however I played the heist which was over quite quickly and I thought I'd just smash out the playthrough on ultimate new game+. If anyone is sceptical on another full playthrough, just rushing through the story even on ultimate took me barely 5 hours with skipping cutscenes and I only died twice, mostly by rushing into a crowded area with multiple rocket launcher enemies. If you have any doubt maybe knowing it is easy and sub 5 hours might push you to hop in and rush through it

15 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Not really, it is a crap game that visually looks good and for the most part, has a great story. As I leveled and was able to work around the obvious flaws of the combat system, I was able to tolerate the game. Never truly enjoyed except for flying through the air.

"Crap game that looks good and has a great story."

Makes sense.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

"Crap game that looks good and has a great story."

Makes sense.

"Looks good, great story" could describe a movie; that wouldn't make it a decent game.

I thought the game was just ok, overall. Some cool moments, but ultimately nothing memorable for me.

While I didn't mind replaying this, as it's my personal Game of the Year. I feel like developers really need to add something more to a NG+ in open world games like this.

NG+ in RPG's always made sense because, while you're replaying the story, you're probably making new decisions all the while continuing to level, getting new gear...becoming that much more powerful. For games like Horizon and Spider-Man...it's just a retread of the story, there's nothing extra that you can only experience through NG+. I mean, sure in Spider-Man after Level 50, every 25,000 XP you earn, you get 1 Health and 1% Melee boost...but that's not really the same thing considering how long that amount of XP takes to gather. 

At the very least they should have added a new suit for completing NG+. I still say they had a missed opportunity with not giving us a Spider-Cop suit.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Viper said:

While I didn't mind replaying this, as it's my personal Game of the Year. I feel like developers really need to add something more to a NG+ in open world games like this.

NG+ in RPG's always made sense because, while you're replaying the story, you're probably making new decisions all the while continuing to level, getting new gear...becoming that much more powerful. For games like Horizon and Spider-Man...it's just a retread of the story, there's nothing extra that you can only experience through NG+. I mean, sure in Spider-Man after Level 50, every 25,000 XP you earn, you get 1 Health and 1% Melee boost...but that's not really the same thing considering how long that amount of XP takes to gather. 

At the very least they should have added a new suit for completing NG+. I still say they had a missed opportunity with not giving us a Spider-Cop suit.

Throw out some details what would spider cop costume look like I want an image in my head lol I love the idea

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

.......that's alot more detailed than I was expecting lol I was just picturing the hat and maybe a badge lol how did this happen?

Not sure, I was going to explain something similar to that...then found that on Google. It's a photoshop, but whoever made it did a damn good job lol.

On 10/28/2018 at 9:41 PM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Not really, it is a crap game that visually looks good and for the most part, has a great story. As I leveled and was able to work around the obvious flaws of the combat system, I was able to tolerate the game. Never truly enjoyed except for flying through the air.

Whoa Whoa there, there is nothing “crap” about Spider-Man, don’t go saying such silly silly things.

3 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Yea because if you read the rest, the game play sucks.

Lol sorry dude, you’re just plain wrong here. Either that or your trolling.

11 hours ago, RNumbers said:

"Looks good, great story" could describe a movie; that wouldn't make it a decent game.

I thought the game was just ok, overall. Some cool moments, but ultimately nothing memorable for me.

Lol wow, this game is extremely memorable, if it wasn’t to you then that’s not the games problem.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Whoa Whoa there, there is nothing “crap” about Spider-Man, don’t go saying such silly silly things.

Lol wow, this game is extremely memorable, if it wasn’t to you then that’s not the games problem.

Apparently you are a fan boy by all these comments. Yes the story was decent, great visuals and finally made you feel like spiderman,  

But is it as great as people  make it out to be? No it's not, where it gave you a great feeling bbn it was totally killed by a short main story and way to much filler crap demanding you to do almost 200 pointless crimes

1 hour ago, Viper said:

spider-cop.jpeg?rect=35,18,1125,563&dpr=

?

That's fantastic.  I would have loved that LOL  @DarkHpokinsn everyone can have opinions.  The game does have its flaws.  I thought the doing the same type of crimes over and over was pretty boring.  I also thought the combat system was annoying.  That's why I rated it an 8.  It's good, just not extremely good.

Edited by grimydawg

6 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

Apparently you are a fan boy by all these comments. Yes the story was decent, great visuals and finally made you feel like spiderman,  

But is it as great as people  make it out to be? No it's not, where it gave you a great feeling bbn it was totally killed by a short main story and way to much filler crap demanding you to do almost 200 pointless crimes

I don’t have to be a fanboy to appreciate a great game pal. Lol yes it is as great as people are saying. Lol “short main story” my guy, this isn’t one of those games that needs to be long, you complain about the crimes you have to do (which you really don’t If you don’t want to) but you want the game to be longer? That makes no sense buddy. The story is the prefect length for a game like this, nothing “short” about it, talk about stretching to find something wrong.

6 hours ago, grimydawg said:

That's fantastic.  I would have loved that LOL  @DarkHpokinsn everyone can have opinions.  The game does have its flaws.  I thought the doing the same type of crimes over and over was pretty boring.  I also thought the combat system was annoying.  That's why I rated it an 8.  It's good, just not extremely good.

Lol I would disagree, it’s extremely great, a game you can absolutely have a lot of fun with, I guess if you’re terrible at it the combat would be annoying, but otherwise the combat is as great as every other mechanic and detail in the game. Very well done game.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I respect your opinion, that doesn't mean I share it. That's no one's "problem," that's just life. Glad to hear you had such a good time with this game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I don’t have to be a fanboy to appreciate a great game pal. Lol yes it is as great as people are saying. Lol “short main story” my guy, this isn’t one of those games that needs to be long, you complain about the crimes you have to do (which you really don’t If you don’t want to) but you want the game to be longer? That makes no sense buddy. The story is the prefect length for a game like this, nothing “short” about it, talk about stretching to find something wrong.

Lol I would disagree, it’s extremely great, a game you can absolutely have a lot of fun with, I guess if you’re terrible at it the combat would be annoying, but otherwise the combat is as great as every other mechanic and detail in the game. Very well done game.

Yea the main story is short, for a game of this magnitude should have had a longer story. Yea i kinda got you didnt have to do the crimes but seriously how about instead of doing 200 you add more side missions or maybe a few more bad guys from the spiderman universe.

Hell I got the game for free and I thought it was too much for an open world style of game

17 minutes ago, malachi1987 said:

Yea the main story is short, for a game of this magnitude should have had a longer story. Yea i kinda got you didnt have to do the crimes but seriously how about instead of doing 200 you add more side missions or maybe a few more bad guys from the spiderman universe.

Hell I got the game for free and I thought it was too much for an open world style of game

Please do explain by what metric you calculate the game's "magnitude" and thus its appropriate length, in your expert opinion. Seriously, people really need to get over this length mentality when it comes to games. Games don't need to hit an arbitrary length of time- it's not about how long a game is, it is all about the content within the time you're given and this game does it very well for the most part. The campaign is a perfect length, doesn't outstay its welcome and has a satisfying beginning, middle and end in a well-written story. I don't see how adding more would have made it "better" since it flows very well and tells its story without almost any extraneous nonsense. Back in the day, games cost the equivalent of $70 or more (these were SNES carts I'm talking about), could be fully beaten in 5-10 hours unless it was a grindy RPG and nobody complained then. Nobody spouted off about "replay value" either because unlike now, they actual knew what the phrase meant: if the game is good, you can play it again, therefore replay value.

Could the side content have been more varied? Yes but that's something they can improve upon in the sequel.

You're entitled to your opinion but like the countless other posts to this effect that I've seen, a sense of perspective seems to be missing nowadays among some gamers.

Edited by LepreCon1991
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LepreCon1991 said:

Please do explain by what metric you calculate the game's "magnitude" and thus its appropriate length, in your expert opinion. Seriously, people really need to get over this length mentality when it comes to games. Games don't need to hit an arbitrary length of time- it's not about how long a game is, it is all about the content within the time you're given and this game does it very well for the most part. The campaign is a perfect length, doesn't outstay its welcome and has a satisfying beginning, middle and end in a well-written story. I don't see how adding more would have made it "better" since it flows very well and tells its story without almost any extraneous nonsense. Back in the day, games cost the equivalent of $70 or more (these were SNES carts I'm talking about), could be fully beaten in 5-10 hours unless it was a grindy RPG and nobody complained then. Nobody spouted off about "replay value" either because unlike now, they actual knew what the phrase meant: if the game is good, you can play it again, therefore replay value.

Could the side content have been more varied? Yes but that's something they can improve upon in the sequel.

You're entitled to your opinion but like the countless other posts to this effect that I've seen, a sense of perspective seems to be missing nowadays among some gamers.

In reality if you just did the main story and nothing else you probably get under 8 hours and that's a stretch.

So for a game they hyped for so long and for being a AAA title the main story should be longer. It shouldn't be filled with side content to make you stay longer.  

So when I play indie titles I dont expect a long game and satisfy with what I get. 

16 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Just because I find something annoying doesn't mean I'm terrible.  I only died once playing the game on spectacular the first time, and that was due to a side mission SMH.  Folks can have different opinions.  I even said the game was good.  It's just not a 10/10 or a GOTY for me....

• Like 2

23 hours ago, malachi1987 said:

How do you know that it's not as great as people say it is ?. If I eat a piece of pie and I say it's the best damn pie I ever ate, is it not true because you don't believe it is ?. 

You are getting confused here, your opinion is just that an opinion. When i don't like a game and I see everyone giving it a 10/10, I don't go "Omg this game is trash, they are all wrong". You will not experience things the same way as others, so don't assume that you know how they feel about it. 

I thought spider-man was mediocre at best, I preferred batman, but I get why people think it's a fantastic game. People really need to get over their opinion, they don't matter. They matter when the majority feels the same way. What does that mean ? I love Gods of Egypt and it's rated the worse movie of 2016. My opinion is considered wrong, doesn't mean that I don't enjoy watching the movie because of it, I don't give a rats ass if people don't like it, I love it. Now you might hate the movie with a passion, but you can't assume to know how I perceive it from how you feel about it. Same with video games. 

Just a food for thought.  TL:DR - You are wrong, I'm wrong, enjoy what you enjoy, stop telling others that their taste is wrong. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 2:08 AM, DarkHpokinsn said:

Don't worry about what trolls say about the game. It's only important that you had fun, not that others did. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, berserklover said:

How do you know that it's not as great as people say it is ?. If I eat a piece of pie and I say it's the best damn pie I ever ate, is it not true because you don't believe it is ?. 

You are getting confused here, your opinion is just that an opinion. When i don't like a game and I see everyone giving it a 10/10, I don't go "Omg this game is trash, they are all wrong". You will not experience things the same way as others, so don't assume that you know how they feel about it. 

I thought spider-man was mediocre at best, I preferred batman, but I get why people think it's a fantastic game. People really need to get over their opinion, they don't matter. They matter when the majority feels the same way. What does that mean ? I love Gods of Egypt and it's rated the worse movie of 2016. My opinion is considered wrong, doesn't mean that I don't enjoy watching the movie because of it, I don't give a rats ass if people don't like it, I love it. Now you might hate the movie with a passion, but you can't assume to know how I perceive it from how you feel about it. Same with video games. 

Just a food for thought.  TL:DR - You are wrong, I'm wrong, enjoy what you enjoy, stop telling others that their taste is wrong. 

I agree it's my opinion and I was letting you j ow how I felt about your opinion. 

Yea I know how this game is since I platinum it. 

If you cant tell what i been saying is less side shit and more story would have been better and made me feel the urge to play it more

I thought the base game length was perfect. Not too short, not too long. There are only so many of the same enemies you can punch out before it starts to wear thin, and for me that line came close to being crossed.

IMO, It's a very good game. Not as good as some of the other AAA games I've played this year, but still very good.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:08 PM, DarkHpokinsn said:

Actually, if the game is not good that is the game's problem. I am not trolling. I have my opinion. The visual of the game and story were/are enjoyable. Actual playing of the game was not, especially combat. I did not feel the story was short because I did all the side quest before I would advance in the main quest. It was annoying when I had nothing else to do and Spidey needed me to check out the neighborhood and had to wait on that for 5 minutes. It was annoying to play as MJ and Miles and really took away from the game. Except for when you controlled MJ in Grand Central Station. That was cool. The game does not live up to the hype. Bad move on my part to pre-order the digital deluxe but its in the past. I got a Plat and great handful of trophies. Doubt I get 100% due to Ultimate mode but I'm ok with that.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen