PS3 Games you would recommend, before Severs are closing

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

Hello together,

Unfortunately, I have created my new account only about two years ago, so many servers are closed by games that I would like to catch up.
This concerns especially the ps3, in a couple of games I was able to complete the online part fortunately, for example GTA 4 or COD WaW but there are still many catching up to do.

For example, I still have Cod Black ops 1, a bit in Max Payne 3  and perhaps also Blur and a few other games on my List.

Maybe you can recommend some older Games that are worth playing and where the servers might close in the near future.

Greetings from Germany

• Like 3

That's a bit hard to do, because almost every PS3 game that has online trophies is at risk at this point. Unless the online is p2p only, because master servers hardly take any power at all and mostly stay online for a longer time than dedicated ones.

But you might want to do what I have been doing for the last year or so, keep track of the topic that lists all known upcoming server shutdowns. When you see a game appear that is on your backlog you can try to get the online done in time. Or if you like the game and do not have it yet you can buy it. Sometimes you might be too late, like I was with Crysis 2 (because there was not enough time to get the 6 months based trophy), but that topic did push me to do the online of Motorstorm Apocalypse, Killzone 3, Hustle Kings and some other games in time.

• Like 1

@pinkrobot_pb

Well, yes that's the problem, I have a pretty big backlog, with over 300 games and try to get every online trophies at first, but suddenly sometimes I find Games like GTA 4, which I do not want to miss.

I'm just afraid to miss some good games. ^^

Thanks for the tip with the thread about upcoming sever shutdowns, but I've been following it already for some time to keep up to date. :)

• Like 1

God of War: Ascension will also cost you a $10 online pass if you pick it up used or borrow it, iirc. :angry:

Also Fat Princess is 1st party with online, right? I got that one free from playing another free-to-play Fat Princess game, Piece of Cake but have never fired it up. Pretty sure there is a dlc required for 100% for that game as well.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, rossitup said:

I believe the fat princess servers are still going strong, but I haven't been online with that one in a while.  Some of the online trophies are pretty ridiculous though, really tough to get.

Nice, I'm going to re-download. Hope there is still a community there!

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2018 at 10:37 AM, ThatMuttGuy said:

Your best bet is to focus on Sony first party titles:

Littlebigplanet

Littlebigplanet 2

Littlebigplanet 3

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

God of War Ascension (trophy takes all of 5 minutes)

Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One

Probably more.

You saved me.  I didn't even realize All 4 One had any online trophies.  I only played it for a bit and that was ages ago.  Yikes!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bilpe said:

You saved me.  I didn't even realize All 4 One had any online trophies.  I only played it for a bit and that was ages ago.  Yikes!

All 4 One have 2 online trophies that youll get in like 5 minutes also, 1st for getting into lobby 2nd for getting into online game.

Ill add to the list:

Ace Combat AH - Great game 

Bioshock 2 - Great game but not as good as B1

Brutal Legend - Great game for Metalheads with amazing Soundtrack

Dlc for Dante Inferno - Very hard dlc for very easy base game, still recommended

Dead Space 3 - very underrated game good story great music, but i agree shooting feel like shit here.

Fuse (online only - means all trophies are online even the single player ones) - you can skip it. All 4 One in commando style

The Last of Us - you can skip it if you want to play on ps4