Is that against the rules?

Smashero

Hey there,

I am currently playing Playstation All-Star Batlle Royale and... Had simply enough of it ;). Having in mind that I "need" to complete it again on PSV... Nevermind.

So since I am a bit bored with the game I started to think about the way to speed up the platinum process.

So imagine the following setup:

I have two PS3 ( A and B ), I have my main account activated on both, both have PASBR installed. So I am playing on my A on my main account of course and in the meanwhile on my B is playing my cat/famous cousin/invisible penguin/miss universe/aardvark from another dimension/local Shaman from my village* also on my main.

I am getting 26 trophies on my A and he/she* earned 27 different trophies on B. I am syncing both consoles, so thanks to this I have now 53 trophies on my main profile for PASBR.

Now I am getting my last trophy on whichever PS3 and *pling* platinum.

Will I be flagged?

1) Yes, I have created impossible timestamps (e.g. could complete arcade with 2 characters in the same time),

2) No, I didn't use my own save ;)

That's only a theory of course, but I think such thing is not allowed. Am I right?

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

If you are playing on both systems at the same time and achieve trophies in an order that would not be possible for a single person on a single system, then yes, I believe you would be flagged.

If you are just playing on one system, and then the other, and then back, or playing online with a dummy account against yourself to boost, then no, you should not be flagged.

Two different PS3 played at the same time, same account, same game, different trophies.

Just now, TazDevilz1986 said:

You should just play it normally to play it on the safe side. I mean the platinum is easy anyway, so you have nothing to lose.

Yeah, it is super easy, I know. I just had this thought and wanted to ask ;).

3 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

I have (2) PS3s.  If I'm logged onto one, then try to log onto the other with the same account, I get kicked off.

But I am offline... All the time. Shall mentioned that.

You can have 2 PS3 systems activated at once on one account while being offline. Or one offline, second online.

Edited by Smashero

Just now, PermaFox said:

I have (2) PS3s.  If I'm logged onto one, then try to log onto the other with the same account, I get kicked off.

That was my initial thought as well.  If the system is not connected to the internet though, how would they know?

It should be pointed out though that 8 of the trophies in this game are online, so your plan wouldn't even work.  One would have to be online.

Even still, if you are earning trophies in an order or timespan that would be impossible for one person on one system, I am pretty sure you would be flagged.

1 minute ago, Sir_Bee said:

It should be pointed out though that 8 of the trophies in this game are online, so your plan wouldn't even work.  One would have to be online.

Even still, if you are earning trophies in an order or timespan that would be impossible for one person on one system, I am pretty sure you would be flagged.

Esh... Oki, imagine that online trophies are already totally done, only offline remained.

Just now, BigBossImBeamer said:

I was asking the same question @MMDE some time ago and he said it's okay as long you sync the trophies immediately.

That's interesting...

I am not sure what syncing right away would change.  If you play 2 arcade modes at the same time (that would take a decent level of talent and I would like to watch that) and manage to finish two characters at roughly the same time, your timestamps would be impossible (seconds apart for an entire arcade mode play).  I am pretty sure that would be a flaggable offense.  Now if you were to play arcade on one system, while at the same time using the other to get some of the more misc trophies, that would be much more difficult to detect, and I am not certain if it would even be flaggable.  Still, if you get the 70+ AP combo in practice mode, and finishing an arcade play at the same time, that would still probably be flaggable, as one system couldn't do that.

I think your best bet is going to be just playing normally, or wait for official confirmation from someone who actually has some say over the rules, not just some random guy (me) who pretends to know what is going on around him.

• Like 2

You should sync them right away to prevent the timestamps from being overwritten if you earn some trophies on both consoles.

From what I understood, the earliest time stamp would be the one that would stick.

13 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I am not sure what syncing right away would change.  If you play 2 arcade modes at the same time (that would take a decent level of talent and I would like to watch that) and manage to finish two characters at roughly the same time, your timestamps would be impossible (seconds apart for an entire arcade mode play).  I am pretty sure that would be a flaggable offense.  Now if you were to play arcade on one system, while at the same time using the other to get some of the more misc trophies, that would be much more difficult to detect, and I am not certain if it would even be flaggable.  Still, if you get the 70+ AP combo in practice mode, and finishing an arcade play at the same time, that would still probably be flaggable, as one system couldn't do that.

I think your best bet is going to be just playing normally, or wait for official confirmation from someone who actually has some say over the rules, not just some random guy (me) who pretends to know what is going on around him.

The trophies in question are independent of each other. If they were chained (IE beat ch.1 then ch2 then 3) it would be different. But these are just "Do X with Y char". There are other games (IE Tekken I think, or other fighting style games) that have been flagged and subsequently lifted because it can be done using multiple consoles. This *should not* be flagged. Now if they had literally all their character trophies pop all at the same time, that would be a different scenario.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Squirlruler said:

The trophies in question are independent of each other. If they were chained (IE beat ch.1 then ch2 then 3) it would be different. But these are just "Do X with Y char". There are other games (IE Tekken I think, or other fighting style games) that have been flagged and subsequently lifted because it can be done using multiple consoles. This *should not* be flagged. Now if they had literally all their character trophies pop all at the same time, that would be a different scenario.

Alright, that seems odd to me to give an advantage to someone who has access to more than one system, but if those are the rules, what do I know?

You should sync them right away to prevent the timestamps from being overwritten if you earn some trophies on both consoles.

That's not what happens. The earliest timestamp is the one you get. You can't get a timestamp overwritten with a later one.

Anyway, people are making this way more complicated than it is. Yes, this is allowed. Trophy teams are allowed. You can have 85 different people all playing on 85 different consoles on your account, and that's not against the leaderboard rules here (though it will likely get you a stink-eye from most trophy hunters). The top two people on the leaderboard (Hakoom and RoughDawg4) each have timestamps showing that they earned trophies on multiple consoles simultaneously (Hakoom has even posted a video of himself earning trophies on *four* consoles at the same time). It's allowed. Period.

From the leaderboard rules:

Things that are not flaggable:

• Playing multiple consoles at once

• Like 4

I'm confused what the fuss is about or perhaps I am not following the scenario.

I am envisioning a setup where OP has two consoles side by side on different TVs and plays through the campaign simultaneously on both. There is nothing wrong with this. People do this with stacking VNs all the time. In this case we are assuming that the online stuff is already all completed, and both PS3s can do the offline stuff while signed out. Again, what is the issue? This is much ado about nothing.

7 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

That's not what happens. The earliest timestamp is the one you get. You can't get a timestamp overwritten with a later one.

Anyway, people are making this way more complicated than it is. Yes, this is allowed. Trophy teams are allowed. You can have 85 different people all playing on 85 different consoles on your account, and that's not against the leaderboard rules here (though it will likely get you a stink-eye from most trophy hunters). The top two people on the leaderboard (Hakoom and RoughDawg4) each have timestamps showing that they earned trophies on multiple consoles simultaneously (Hakoom has even posted a video of himself earning trophies on *four* consoles at the same time). It's allowed. Period.

From the leaderboard rules:

Yes, but this here is a bit different situation: I know that you can play even 7 games at the same time at PS3, PS4, PSV, I did it many times (VNs of course :D).

But here I am talking about playing one title at once, obviously by two persons, since I want it to be done ASAP, where the trophies are i.e. not story related, but separate (let's only focus on arcade mode which have to beaten by ~20 chars). So I am getting 10 x trophies for 10 x completing the game, while in the same time on another console in my room, on different tv my imaginary GF is completing another 10 x time the arcade mode, so in total my completing time is reducing almost by half.

So while doing that I can finish Arcade with char A and in the even same time with B on second console = impossible timestamps. That's the issue. If I will get even 3 trophies on 3 x PSV at exactly same second while playing different games - that's another, not flaggable thing.

Edited by Smashero