Is that against the rules?

Smashero

1 minute ago, Sir_Bee said:

I am not sure what syncing right away would change.  If you play 2 arcade modes at the same time (that would take a decent level of talent and I would like to watch that) and manage to finish two characters at roughly the same time, your timestamps would be impossible (seconds apart for an entire arcade mode play).  I am pretty sure that would be a flaggable offense.  Now if you were to play arcade on one system, while at the same time using the other to get some of the more misc trophies, that would be much more difficult to detect, and I am not certain if it would even be flaggable.  Still, if you get the 70+ AP combo in practice mode, and finishing an arcade play at the same time, that would still probably be flaggable, as one system couldn't do that.

I think your best bet is going to be just playing normally, or wait for official confirmation from someone who actually has some say over the rules, not just some random guy (me) who pretends to know what is going on around him.

So what if you are with a friend. And you got 2 PS3's. And the guy says to his friend: Can you please help me grinding PSABR on one of my PS3's? And i will play on the other PS3 so it will save some time, because the Arcade Mode is super boring and i am suffering so badly through it. And also lets record a video, while we doing this and earning the trophy at the same time for both characters and upload that to Youtube.

Because i could be flagged for that, and i don't want that.... So the friend plays with Parappa The Rapper and the guy plays with Kratos. And they both beat the Arcade almost at the same time maybe a couple seconds different.

They will sync these trophies of course on the guys system. If you have enough proof, will this even get you a flag? And i am talking about earning 2 Arcade trophies from 2 different characters at the same time. So if they keep going like this than you could have all these Arcade trophies very close to eachother if the 2 guys switching the characters that are still needed to earn the trophy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

So what if you are with a friend. And you got 2 PS3's. And the guy says to his friend: Can you please help me grinding PSABR on one of my PS3's? And i will play on the other PS3 so it will save some time, because the Arcade Mode is super boring and i am suffering so badly through it. And also lets record a video, while we doing this and earning the trophy at the same time for both characters and upload that to Youtube.

Because i could be flagged for that, and i don't want that.... So the friend plays with Parappa The Rapper and the guy plays with Kratos. And they both beat the Arcade almost at the same time maybe a couple seconds different.

They will sync these trophies of course on the guys system. If you have enough proof, will this even get you a flag? And i am talking about earning 2 Arcade trophies from 2 different characters at the same time. So if they keep going like this than you could have all these Arcade trophies very close to eachother if the 2 guys switching the characters that are still needed to earn the trophy.

I am now out of my depth.  I don't know the intricacies of the rules as well as many others here would.  In my mind, it should not be allowed to earn the trophies in a manner that would be impossible for one person on one system, but I didn't make the rules, and this isn't a debate on what the rules should be, it is to find out what they are.  Many others here have said that this would be fine, so take that however you want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir_Bee said:

I am now out of my depth.  I don't know the intricacies of the rules as well as many others here would.  In my mind, it should not be allowed to earn the trophies in a manner that would be impossible for one person on one system, but I didn't make the rules, and this isn't a debate on what the rules should be, it is to find out what they are.  Many others here have said that this would be fine, so take that however you want.

I think this is a very specific situation to this game, because there are not a lot of other games that I can think of where you need to do 20+ short campaigns that are all available from the beginning.

I don't think it is very difficult to imagine a scenario where you have both consoles on and you complete one fight. During the cutscene and load times on that console, switch TV inputs and beat the next level with the other console for a different character. I wish I had the idea and the extra console back when I did the game. 

• Like 1

Just now, BeautifulTorment said:

I don't think it is very difficult to imagine a scenario where you have both consoles on and you complete one fight. During the cutscene and load times on that console, switch TV inputs and beat the next level with the other console for a different character. I wish I had the idea and the extra console back when I did the game. 

But then... It is actually pointless... It will take me almost same time, and yes, of course those trophies will be "almost" totally perfect (maybe I will shave couple of secs, maybe minute on each).

I am saying strictly about playing it 1 to 1 x 2.

1 minute ago, Squirlruler said:

It is explicitly in the rules that it is fine, as @NathanielJohn has linked.

And on the other hand:

Things that are flaggable:

• Impossible timestamps - If your timestamps are too close to each other, earned unrealistically before the release date of the game (Journalists and similar people get games typically a week or two early, any time before this period that isn't explainable can get flagged), or earned impossibly out of order.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

If that's your opinion, I guess that means people with multiple consoles who boost multiplayer trophies also should be flagged, because they're using their extra consoles to cut down the time required for a grind. This is allowed on this website because any person with the money to buy a 2nd PS3, 2nd controller, 2nd TV and 2nd copy of the game can use these methods, it's not alienating anyone, it's a lot of people's choice to only have 1 console. People with a 2nd console often have time saving trophies in mind and in the end every trophy requirement while looking weird on the list would still be fulfilled in the intended way. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

If you want to avoid problems, sync as soon as you earn the trophies, unless of course they are not earned legitimately. :P 

Thank You. That clarifies. Not flaggable.

Probably not, but... Maybe the rules could be updated that my "case" will not repeat?

P.S. Unfortunately I will not be able to even try this method, since my imaginary GF is angry at me, my cat is sick, Shaman stoned and I can not see invisible penguin anywhere...

Edited by Smashero

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

If you want to avoid problems, sync as soon as you earn the trophies, unless of course they are not earned legitimately. :P 

An arcade mode run of PS All Stars takes 20-30 minutes, but if someone used 2 PS3s and 2 copies of the game and reached the final boss fight with both PS3s at the same time, then beat that boss with their main PS3 and then with their 2nd PS3 with two different characters that would make the trophies unlock within minutes of each other. I think what @Smashero is mainly asking is if he was to do something like this, would he be flagged? All the arcade mode runs are offline trophies, so it is possible for someone to do two arcade mode runs at the same time, or even more if they have friends playing other character runs on other consoles. I think since it's possible for anyone who has the hardware for it and every trophy is still earned within the game, it should be allowed. But it would be pretty much impossible to believe someone was to let 20 people on their account to all do an individual run of arcade mode with characters. 

• Like 1

Now I wished I tried playing the PS3 arcade run through marathon at the same time as the Vita version. It's not the hardest game for certain but two simultaneous runs would've beefed up the challenge. :awesome:

I just zoned out to some podcasts while I ground them out individually with the sound muted.

Edited by Metal Slime King
  • Like 3

I don't get why there are still doubts about this. NathanielJohn's answer doesn't really leave any holes, it's not flaggable because the timestamps are demonstrably not impossible, period. If there was a trophy for completing the arcade with all characters, instead of with each of the characters separately, then that would be flaggable. I'm guessing the reason MMDE advised to sync the trophies as soon as possible is so that the plat doesn't pop hours after the last trophy.

2 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

I don't get why there are still doubts about this. NathanielJohn's answer doesn't really leave any holes, it's not flaggable because the timestamps are demonstrably not impossible, period. If there was a trophy for completing the arcade with all characters, instead of with each of the characters separately, then that would be flaggable. I'm guessing the reason MMDE advised to sync the trophies as soon as possible is so that the plat doesn't pop hours after the last trophy.

A late platinum also wouldn't be flaggable because someone could get their last trophy for the game on another console, then sync the trophies and have 100% without the platinum. To get the platinum to unlock after that, they'd just have to boot up the game again and the platinum would unlock. In some really rare cases, the platinum itself can fail to unlock for someone. 

5 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

They can be recognized as impossible to be done with one player, one console, exactly as it shall be. So somebody could report that they are hacked/edited timestamps.

Of course for platinum I would leave 1-2 trophies and I would do them at one console after syncing both. So there won't be any issues with the timestamp for platinum itself.

• Like 1

Just now, Smashero said:

They can be recognized as impossible to be done with one player, one console, exactly as it shall be. So somebody could report that they are hacked/edited timestamps.

Of course for platinum I would leave 1-2 trophies and I would do them at one console after syncing both. So there won't be any issues with the timestamp for platinum itself.

Except there is no such rule and it's specifically mentioned in the rules that two players, two consoles are fine. Things could get murky in other scenarios, but this one is pretty clear.

14 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

I advice to sync as early as possible for several reasons. You will avoid headache down the line.

Playing on two consoles is totally fine, just make sure to sync trophies as you earn 'em to avoid any potential problems.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

In the case of two consoles to play one game to earn trophies way faster than otherwise possible, not talking things like self boosting, but rather so you're at the end of beating some mode, pause the game, then do the same on another console, and make them pop almost at the same time. I would strongly advice against this, especially if the same can be accomplished through save file use. You may think you're clever, but people will question it and it's definitely a gray zone. I'm generally not going to take that as an excuse when it just as well matches save file use and you'd have to go way out of your way to do this with multiple consoles.

Luckily, most cases are trophies out of order, or several that can't pop at the same time popping, which usually can't be explained by multiple consoles.

Someone did something similar with LBP Karting, where they was in create mode for 24 hours on one console, while beating the game on the other, so the plat time would take as close the first x time in create mode and the 24 hours as possible. Makes total sense to me.

Let's say you did similar with GT5, to make spec level 40 A & B pop at the same time, like 7 seconds apart. I'm not a believer. Then you're being too clever for yourself.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, MMDE said:

In the case of two consoles to play one game to earn trophies way faster than otherwise possible, not talking things like self boosting, but rather so you're at the end of beating some mode, pause the game, then do the same on another console, and make them pop almost at the same time. I would strongly advice against this, especially if the same can be accomplished through save file use. You may think you're clever, but people will question it and it's definitely a gray zone. I'm generally not going to take that as an excuse when it just as well matches save file use and you'd have to go way out of your way to do this with multiple consoles.

Aaaand that's exactly what I was afraid of from the beginning...

Sniff... I was already planning to play "The Walking Dead Collection" with my gang on n-PS4 systems to get each part done simultaneously :D

(Of course if they are all available from the start, since I do not even know).

Ok, let's get back to PASBR by myself ;).

Edited by Smashero

Just now, Smashero said:

Aaaand that's exactly what I was afraid of from the beginning...

Sniff... I was already planning to play "The Walking Dead Collection" with my gang on n-PS4 systems to get each part done simultaneously :D

(Of course if they are all available from the start, since I do not know).

You can probably try that, but people will find it questionable.

I didn't read through all the replies, but you will get flagged if you earn two arcade trophies too close apart from each other as that is impossible. If you wanna go and alternate where you wanna play, go ahead, but highly recommend against playing both at the same time for the sake of your ranking. This type of method would allow to break all the fastest boards as you could in theory be boosting the online portion of a game and playing the campaign at the same time, per example.