Is that against the rules?

Smashero

2 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

I didn't read through all the replies, but you will get flagged if you earn two arcade trophies too close apart from each other as that is impossible. If you wanna go and alternate where you wanna play, go ahead, but highly recommend against playing both at the same time for the sake of your ranking. This type of method would allow to break all the fastest boards as you could in theory be boosting the online portion of a game and playing the campaign at the same time, per example.

Do not get me wrong Bro, but please read them all, since that's not what @MMDEstated and yes, also in theory, I am also aware about those things - it can have an impact on the top-times for the titles. There were already cases with erasing profiles and then re-earning trophies while used backed-up save, but option presented here is slightly different and I would like to get to know the opinion about it. 

As I mentioned in 1st post - the whole thing is just a complete theory and, as I stated, I will for sure not go for it having in mind possible consequences.

So kids - better do not try this at home ;).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Do not get me wrong Bro, but please read them all, since that's not what @MMDEstated

I read through everything now since you asked

59 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I would strongly advice against this, especially if the same can be accomplished through save file use. You may think you're clever, but people will question it and it's definitely a gray zone

This is the same thing i was referencing to. One could argue that you simply used a trophy popper on ps3 and edited the timestamps even though you did everything legit. I would say this potentially hurts the leaderboards as a whole since you could in theory have 3 people playing a game like Prince of Persia or Prototype on the different difficulties at the same time and having all of them completing their playthroughs within a single day, making the fastest achiever board completely broken.

• Like 2

I hear what you’re saying but at the same time I don’t agree with the “making the fastest achiever board completely broken”.

Who’s to dictate that I cannot play all 3 PoP difficulties at once? 

As long as there are no unsynced/deleted trophies involved I’d raise hell before I’d accept a flag for “trophies too fast” if they could be earned by using multiple consoles.

On the other hand I’ve been thinking that MMDE’s example of GT5 has been in a gray zone for a while now. IMO you can’t really enforce a flag for that anymore once you say “Smashero’s PSBRAS was legit because HE used multiple consoles at the same time but your A-spec & B-spec are too close & will remain flagged.” It’s gotta be either or.

As soon as you accept multiple players on multiple consoles on the same game/same account you’ll have to let it slide for obvious savefile use that COULD be explained by multiple consoles as well.

Edited by hBLOXs
  • Like 1

So if multiple consoles are allowed, what's the limit? Would it be acceptable to have all 20 arcade mode trophies pop within a few minutes, since that's possible to achieve on 20 consoles? I'm not trying to use this as an argument against allowing it, just curious how it would be decided. 

• Like 1

So, to clarify for my understanding...

Multiple people are allowed to play the same account?

You can use multiple playstation consoles and use multiple copies of the same game to unlock trophies?

But these don't apply if trophies look like they're too close together?

Is there a clause or something in the rules section that clarifies this?

3 hours ago, mekktor said:

So if multiple consoles are allowed, what's the limit? Would it be acceptable to have all 20 arcade mode trophies pop within a few minutes, since that's possible to achieve on 20 consoles? I'm not trying to use this as an argument against allowing it, just curious how it would be decided. 

If there was evidence of it happening, they couldn’t really do much to you. But that kind of scenario is hardly believable since at this point I don’t think someone has that many people helping them. There aren’t that many games where something like this can be done because for the most part there would be trophies that require some kind of progress to be made. Like on LittleBigPlanet Karting, the platinum was doable in 23 hours, 30 minutes if you left 1 PS3 to turbo create mode and did the rest of the platinum on another one, but the platinum couldn’t be done in any less time than that because the 30 minutes in create mode trophy did unlock immediately. 

On Gran Turismo 5, level can also be idled and it would save someone time to do both grinds at the same time, however it’s a popular game for save file usage so people have a hard time believing that’s the method someone would have used. But in the case of that game, both level trophies don’t take the exact same amount of time, so it’s likely someone’s time stamps on the game wouldn’t look hacked if they did try that method. 

I think someone should initially be flagged if they claim that 20 people were playing PSABR on their account and each doing a different character at once. But if evidence could be provided to show that there really were that many people helping, I think it should be unflagged. While people argue that using this method will break the fastest achievers board, when games have online grinds, the people with the fastest time often use multiple copies of the same game and self boost it with multiple consoles and the time would be unachievable for a person with 1 console who has to take turns with other people.

In the end, most fastest times are just a contest of who played the game the most in a specific amount of time, a lot of the fastest times for games don’t really take skill and could easily be beaten if people sacrifice their sleep. 

• Like 1

If there is no intention from stopping people to use multiple people playing the same game at the same time in multiple consoles, I think there should be a disclaimer that any fastest achiever LB are subject to be affected by that. A lot of achieved times are quite worthless once you consider multiple people can be batantly playing the same game on different consoles at the same time.

Any games where a grind is required for the plat could have their completion time drastically reduced with one person focusing on that and another (or more) doing something else in the same game. I don't personally care that much about PSNP's fastest, other websites offers better versions of the same concept and have their rules more aligned with what i believe to be fair competition (team accounts/paying people to do trophies for you, per example, are forbidden). All I care about is that people that actively try and go for those fastest times are aware of how the rules are and they won't be able to complain later down the road that someone took their fastest time in a certain game where they spent 30 hours playing, non stop, only to have a team account playing the same game on multiple systems at the same time. I can easily name Burnout Paradise as a game subject to this.You could have someone doing online and another person doing campaign and that would considerably cut down the time for the platinum.

As I mentioned before, I don't care if these are the rules that the website follows, I care about transparency and letting people know what can and what can't be done in order to earn trophies according to this website. Make it very clear where the line is drawn and it's all fine by me.

9 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

As I mentioned before, I don't care if these are the rules that the website follows, I care about transparency and letting people know what can and what can't be done in order to earn trophies according to this website. Make it very clear where the line is drawn and it's all fine by me.

I'd like this as well. I don't mind team accounts (well, I do, but I don't mind that the site allows them on the leaderboard). But where does the line get drawn? The first 50 leaderboards are important to a lot of people (myself included, though to a lesser degree), and since I have multiple PS3s, this is a possibility for me, even without utilizing teams (although one might consider AFK grinding on one machine as a sort of "team effort").

6 hours ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

This timestamps too close to each other thing is still confusing. If it's allowed to play the same game at the same time with multiple consoles and multiple players then timestamps can't be too close to each other. They only can be out of order. In theory there could always be an excuse for close timestamps.

So here's something to think about. Most games are linear in it's progression. Let's say we got a game that requires two playthroughs, NG and NG+. You can't start NG+ on any of the consoles before you actually beat NG, so the time between first story related and NG beat and NG beat and NG+ beat shouldn't be shorter just because you played on multiple consoles. If you make it to NG+ much earlier on one than the others, that trophy should be synced and you will then have the natural time between NG and NG+.

Same goes for collectibles or story related stuff that relies on each other. Can't get them out of order etc.

As I said earlier, if you somehow nail it to get level 40 A and B spec at the same time through two consoles, making it look like you used a downloaded save for it, you're just a dumbass who got yourself flagged for just trying to be too clever. I'm not going to buy the story.

Most of the time multiple modes at the same time doesn't have trophies that stack or auto pop when you load up a save. In which cases it'd be hard to explain if not multiple consoles or edited timestamps, so then the multiple consoles excuse looks way more likely, especially if it makes sense what you did etc.

@Smashero The case of TWD TTG series, you'd still have to get each chapter trophy in each episode in order, even if it would have looked strange that you did multiple of the episodes at the same time. At least it would have made sense to me for someone to do it. Though, people will question it. More than likely, you'll have someone report you, even if I will likely decline it knowing about this now. You may even get people harass you over it xD If you're a top player, they might spread rumors about you and shit talk whenever they see your name mentioned etc, because they don't know better or don't believe you, or don't agree with the way you played the game. People are strange.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MMDE said:

@Smashero The case of TWD TTG series, you'd still have to get each chapter trophy in each episode in order, even if it would have looked strange that you did multiple of the episodes at the same time. At least it would have made sense to me for someone to do it. Though, people will question it. More than likely, you'll have someone report you, even if I will likely decline it knowing about this now. You may even get people harass you over it xD If you're a top player, they might spread rumors about you and shit talk whenever they see your name mentioned etc, because they don't know better or don't believe you, or don't agree with the way you played the game. People are strange.

I do not own "TWD Collection" (and that's the one I am talking about), so I do not know if you can first start and complete TWD1 to be able to play TWD2? But if you can start them separately, of course me and "my partner" would play THEM normally getting the trophies per episode and then sync at one account, so in final would reduce plat time a lot. Of course it would look strange that the trophies would be between each others, but that's the whole meritum of this discussion.

Will not reffer to the second part of this quote.

Edited by Smashero

On 10/16/2018 at 10:15 PM, Smashero said:

Hey there,

I am currently playing Playstation All-Star Batlle Royale and... Had simply enough of it ;). Having in mind that I "need" to complete it again on PSV... Nevermind.

So since I am a bit bored with the game I started to think about the way to speed up the platinum process.

So imagine the following setup:

I have two PS3 ( A and B ), I have my main account activated on both, both have PASBR installed. So I am playing on my A on my main account of course and in the meanwhile on my B is playing my cat/famous cousin/invisible penguin/miss universe/aardvark from another dimension/local Shaman from my village* also on my main.

I am getting 26 trophies on my A and he/she* earned 27 different trophies on B. I am syncing both consoles, so thanks to this I have now 53 trophies on my main profile for PASBR.

Now I am getting my last trophy on whichever PS3 and *pling* platinum.

Will I be flagged?

1) Yes, I have created impossible timestamps (e.g. could complete arcade with 2 characters in the same time),

2) No, I didn't use my own save ;)

That's only a theory of course, but I think such thing is not allowed. Am I right?

This is a very interesting topic that I have not seen much of before.

It interested me, as I am about to take on the 1,000 mile & 1,000,000 point grind for Mafia II DLC and I have considered playing the missions with one of my PS3's & having the second console doing the glitch at the same time.

After reading the whole thread I still wasn't sure how this would be taken, until I saw this:-

22 hours ago, grimydawg said:

No.  Next question?

It's nice to get a clear answer as to if it's allowed or not.

3 minutes ago, Dino_Roar said:

This is a very interesting topic that I have not seen much of before.

It interested me, as I am about to take on the 1,000 mile & 1,000,000 point grind for Mafia II DLC and I have considered playing the missions with one of my PS3's & having the second console doing the glitch at the same time.

After reading the whole thread I still wasn't sure how this would be taken, until I saw this:-

It's nice to get a clear answer as to if it's allowed or not.

He asked if he'll get flagged.  I responded.  Nothing more.  

Edited by grimydawg

I'm a bit confused by this...wouldn't the scenario here be flagged for impossible timestamps?...and wouldn't it potentially affect just about every game that has separate multiplayer and singleplayer trophies?...or separate unrelated modes or dlc?...i can think of a lot of examples that would be odd in terms of final timestamps...

let's take gta iv as an example...there is a method of ranking up in multiplayer that is afk...so if I set up one console to boost my mp rank and one to start the story, it might have some pretty odd looking timestamps by the time I'm done with all the trophies and particularly if I had a friend do the rest of the MP stuff as I worked on the story...now add a 3rd person to complete the lost and damned dlc, and 4th to do the ballad of gay tony simultaneously and my list would be quite messy...with a team of 6 or 7 co-ordinated players I could lay out a method that would earn the gta iv 100% in about 10 hours...again, wouldn't this method of two (or more) people earning trophies for the same game on one account at the same time be flaggable?...

I thought the rules for team accounts applied if the games were played separately by several people but then synced to a common account...i also thought the timestamps needed to fall into what would be plausible for each individual game...and within reason of one person playing the game either independently or through using glitches, boosting, etc. (i.e. things that are not flaggable)...

i also wouldn't compare this scenario to self-boosting with multiple consoles since the same method would apply regardless of who owned the consoles...meaning the timestamps would be relatively similar if self or team boosting...

i'm kind of surprised that this idea of multiple people earning trophies for the same game at the same time then syncing them to a common account is seen as non-flaggable...or am I misreading something?...has a concrete answer and guideline been set and I've overlooked it?...curious...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I'm a bit confused by this...wouldn't the scenario here be flagged for impossible timestamps?...and wouldn't it potentially affect just about every game that has separate multiplayer and singleplayer trophies?...or separate unrelated modes or dlc?...i can think of a lot of example that would be odd in terms of finsl timestamps...

let's take gta iv as an example...there is a method of ranking up in multiplayer that is afk...so if I set up one console to boost my mp rank and one to start the story, it might have some pretty odd looking timestamps by the time I'm done with all the trophies and particularly if I had a friend do the rest of the MP stuff as I worked on the story...now add a 3rd person to complete the lost and damned dlc, and 4th to do the ballad of gay tony simultaneously and my list would be quite messy...again, wouldn't this method of two (or more) people earning trophies for the same game on one account at the same time be flaggable?...

I thought the rules for team accounts applied if the games were played separately by several people but then synced to a common account...i thought the timesramps needed to fall into what would be plausible for each individual game...

i also wouldn't compared this scenario to self-boosting with multiple consoles since the same method would apply regardless of who owned the consoles...meaning the timestamps would be relatively similar if self or team boosting...

i'm kind of surprised that this idea of multiple people earning trophies for the same game at the same time then syncing them to a common account is seen as non-flaggable...or am I misreading something?...has a concrete answer and guideline been set and I've overlooked it?...curious...

I agree with what you have written here. I think a lot of people don't understand how the trophies work for the game in question. 

Basically you have to beat arcade mode with every character in the game. It takes 20 to 30mins to do so and you get a trophy for each time you complete it. If I have 2 ps3s and play on the same account, offline, at the same time and I do a play through for one character and my mate does it for another character causing trophies to pop within a few minutes/seconds off each other, this causes an impossible gap between time stamps that can't be distinguished from fair play or unfair play. Which we all know is not wanted on the leader boards. 

The only way this can be done if trophies from separate consoles were to pop at least 20 to 30 mins apart which would defeat the whole purpose of the exercise which is to reduce the grind of arcade mode so you may as well play normally. 

As you say, team accounts are fine as long as people are playing different games at the same time with plausible time stamps for each game. 

Allowing this kind of exercise would open a whole can of worms for every other game (gta iv as you explained). I'm very surprised it hasn't been clearly outlawed as a lot of flags that have "stuck" over the years could be waved with this method. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Smashero said:

And that's exactly the thing. Thanks for those posts Gents.

I'm delaying completing this game as well. Think I have like 18 arcade modes to do lol. I have thought about doing what you suggested haha. But I realised it wouldn't stack up. 

Edited by adam1984123
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

The whole confusion just started since the rules didn't make that clear. So I suggest we add to the "things that are not flaggable" part: "playing the same game on multiple consoles with multiple people at the same time".

So tell me how you distinguish between that and someone who uses CFW to pop trophies quicker than what would be possible through normal play?

You can't. 

If you do this, it opens up so many flagged disputes where people could claim "I had a mate playing the same game on a different console at the same time on the same account". It would be a joke. 

• Like 1