Trophies too easy?

Is it just me who wishes they made a few more harder trophies like fully completing the grid for each character or fully upgrading the evolution weapons or fully completing all the 3rd Acts story. Game is so great but you can finish the trophies way too soon. Trophy list doesn't do the game justice in my opinion.

Edited by GonzoArmstrong
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, GonzoArmstrong said:

Is it just me who wishes they made a few more harder trophies like fully completing the grid for each character or fully upgrading the evolution weapons or fully completing all the 3rd Acts story. Game is so great but you can finish the trophies way too soon. Trophy list doesn't do the game justice in my opinion.

What you mean finish all the trophies way too soon? How easy is this game?

6 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

You have to do pretty much everything in the game.

I think the trophies are perfect, either way it shouldn't matter. Trophies don't add anything and most games are far more easier then this, plus most people don't like to actually work for trophies anymore.

So, if you have to do everything in this game shouldn't it be harder not easier? And how can you get most trophies out of the way if you have to grind everything in the game ? 

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

So, if you have to do everything in this game shouldn't it be harder not easier? And how can you get most trophies out of the way if you have to grind everything in the game ? 

You don't have to do everything. You have to complete the story which is LONG but I found it entertaining and you have to work a tiny bit to unlock all appearance altering costumes for each character. However the trophies barely scratch the surface on the stuff you can do post game (Technically Act 3). There are in game trophies called accolades for this game that do go further but it doesn't feel the same as trophies for your psn profile.

Edited by GonzoArmstrong
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

You could certainly come up with a lot of stupid, grindy, time-waster trophies for this game, but I'm not sure it lends itself to fun trophies that are harder without being dumb. You already have to complete all the Harma battles, reach the true ending, and fully level all characters. What would be harder without being a huge waste of time? You could require a second playthrough that's a low-level run or speedrun, which sounds like a horrible fun-murdering thing to do. You could add more grinding or "go around in postgame and tick every box" trophies. (World of Final Fantasy has one for opening every chest!) But I don't see what would be added to make it harder without being tedious and pointless.

I prefer the way it is.

Edited by rdhight
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, having finished the game, I remain glad that a lot of trophies didn't appear. The evolution weapons might have been cool, if they were at all necessary. But grinding them out would have just meant finding a bunch of uber-agates, which would have been boring as hell.

Finding all monsters is a pain, because of monster switches as the game progresses. If it's possible to scale back to previous forms of monsters, that discovery certainly didn't lend itself to my playthrough, and I would hate to have to replay the entire game because I advanced the plot too quickly. 

What this game really needs isn't more grindy trophies, but rather, an in-game reason to do the things you do. It really felt like a tease when I got the +3 versions of my armor and weapons, only to destroy utterly the game's final boss and hardest optional boss. 

On 10/16/2018 at 10:50 PM, LuciaRosethorn said:

You have to do pretty much everything in the game.

I think the trophies are perfect, either way it shouldn't matter. Trophies don't add anything and most games are far more easier then this, plus most people don't like to actually work for trophies anymore.

Agreed, one of the most satisfying and well balanced trophy lists around. The other game I really found as well balanced was Horizon:Zero Dawn. DQ 11 was my game of the year for 2018, superb RPG experience in my opinion.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Trophies might be easy but it seems to me that every single boss in act two is a pain, due to the continuous spam of status ailments. Game was fun and was flowing smoothly by just playing naturally, but now I have to continuously stop to grind levels, which is becoming tedious quite fast, since you just have to move from one boss to the other with almost no new dungeons between them, just fight buffed versions of enemies already seen in the "overworld" sections.

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Trophies might be easy but it seems to me that every single boss in act two is a pain, due to the continuous spam of status ailments. Game was fun and was flowing smoothly by just playing naturally, but now I have to continuously stop to grind levels, which is becoming tedious quite fast, since you just have to move from one boss to the other with almost no new dungeons between them, just fight buffed versions of enemies already seen in the "overworld" sections.

Farming I think it was metal slimes for levels was quick and easy.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 10:02 PM, GonzoArmstrong said:

Farming I think it was metal slimes for levels was quick and easy.

I've made it to post-game just by grinding levels while filling the bestiary just for the sake of it, luckily after the first 3-4 bosses in act two, either the bosses became easier or I've learned solid countermeasures to the status ailments spam. I've just read about the metal slimes grinding, but it seems to me that I'm gaining barely one/two levels per fight, at level 48-50, either I'm doing something wrong or it won't be so quick to reach lvl. 99

edit. Just to specify that the metal slime farming becomes way more efficient after you reach level 70, farming at Heliodor Campsite I was spawning one King Metal Slime and two Liquid Metal Slime, with the Halleluyah pep power bonus I was getting in the range of 700k exp points average by killing all three.

Edited by Brightblade76

• 2 weeks later...