Is chapter 4 and 5 100% glitched

I think so.  I should've already had 100% for both chapters. 

But I only have 75% on Chapter 4 because I can't get the "research" check mark.  I've followed the four rules that the devs have said you need to do to get the check box.  I've literally picked up and put down every item in the room (yes, I saw all the pictures on the camera in another area), including breaking open the sample jars and picking up each of the four parasites within. 

For Chapter 5, I have 100%, but the trophy did not pop. 

I've played both chapters 4 and 5 probably a dozen times each, trying new things each time.  I've deleted my saves.  I've deleted and reinstalled the game multiple times.  Nothing works.  I've emailed the devs, and they think that the problem is on my end, but I don't know about that.  At least, they said that they're going to work on solving the issue.  I dunno.  Pretty frustrating.

I've moved on, in the meantime, until they (if they) do a patch or something to fix the two chapters' 100% trophies.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fullthrottlenine said:

I think so.  I should've already had 100% for both chapters. 

But I only have 75% on Chapter 4 because I can't get the "research" check mark.  I've followed the four rules that the devs have said you need to do to get the check box.  I've literally picked up and put down every item in the room (yes, I saw all the pictures on the camera in another area), including breaking open the sample jars and picking up each of the four parasites within. 

For Chapter 5, I have 100%, but the trophy did not pop. 

I've played both chapters 4 and 5 probably a dozen times each, trying new things each time.  I've deleted my saves.  I've deleted and reinstalled the game multiple times.  Nothing works.  I've emailed the devs, and they think that the problem is on my end, but I don't know about that.  At least, they said that they're going to work on solving the issue.  I dunno.  Pretty frustrating.

I've moved on, in the meantime, until they (if they) do a patch or something to fix the two chapters' 100% trophies.

thanks for teh heads up )

• Like 1

I'm in the same position as fullthrottlenine in my game. I have been talking to the developers on Twitter about it via private messages since last Friday and they told me they were working on these issues. It seems that somebody over on steam made a topic about the Chapter 5 100% achievement not unlocking back in August and it seems that same glitch got carried over to the PS4 version. Did it ever get fixed on steam? I don't know, their post went ignored and I can't find a way to view the steam achievements, anybody have a link? 

If more people could contact them on their site or twitter reporting these issues, hopefully they will soon be fixed. So yeah, Chapter 4 Objective 'Research Disease' is glitched but would the 100% trophy even unlock if it wasn't? I asked them to be sure to test this. And Chapter 5 100% is possible but the trophy is just glitched. 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ExorcistVR

Site: https://www.exorcistlegion.com/contact/

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TachikomaShiki said:

I'm in the same position as fullthrottlenine in my game. I have been talking to the developers on Twitter about it via private messages since last Friday and they told me they were working on these issues. It seems that somebody over on steam made a topic about the Chapter 5 100% achievement not unlocking back in August and it seems that same glitch got carried over to the PS4 version. Did it ever get fixed on steam? I don't know, their post went ignored and I can't find a way to view the steam achievements, anybody have a link? 

If more people could contact them on their site or twitter reporting these issues, hopefully they will soon be fixed. So yeah, Chapter 4 Objective 'Research Disease' is glitched but would the 100% trophy even unlock if it wasn't? I asked them to be sure to test this. And Chapter 5 100% is possible but the trophy is just glitched. 

thanks just email them as well)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TachikomaShiki said:

That had replied back to me on twitter and they're on the case. :)

• Like 2

Yes, I received an email from the devs, too, and they said just what TachikomaShiki said.  Both trophies should ideally be fixed as soon as next week.  It seems the Chapter 4 bug led to the Chapter 5 bug, as well.

By the way, there was some patch or update for the game today.  I played through Chapter 4 just to check, but the "research"/trophy wasn't fixed.  So today's patch/update didn't resolve the issues, in case you were wondering.

Lastly, if you couldn't put the video cassette into the VCR (as I couldn't) after Chapter 4, that's going to be fixed, as well.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Thanks for the post fullthrottlenine, I will give it a try later. 

Hey KayroJK. For no hints you got to just play the level through doing everything straight away so sort of like a speedrun. If you take too long on some parts like for instance, when you get to the bridge near the start of the level that requires your lighter to cross, if you take too long to use it, the game thinks you're stuck and will tell you what to do. It does this quite a few times so just do every part in the level straight away. As for 'No Dead Ends', I haven't a clue. I did this by accident apparently on my 2nd run through the level, not sure what I did exactly but it just registered as completed. Perhaps explore every part of the level before progressing? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KayroJK said:

please friends, in Chapter 5 which means the objective "no hints" and "no dead ends" I am confused about these two obejtivos, I will be very grateful if they can help.

For no hints, make sure you take out the Bee's Oil before you get to the invisible bridge and get a buzz and a hint.  Also, you want the salt spray out before you use it on the priest's face in the green lit room.  I say these just in case, so a hint isn't forced on you.

For no dead ends, you always have to choose the correct path.  If you make a wrong turn and run into a wall, you've failed.  If you're stuck, go to Gamefaqs for The Exorcist: VR Legion.  On the board, I did an unofficial and casual walkthrough so that you'll always make the right choice and never get to a dead end.