Indie Dungeon RPG Trophy Thoughts

Kishnabe

Hopefully possible to complete in one play through with well placed saves.

Usually expect D-RPG from Japanese devs, and not by a 2 person studio in NA. 

Hope it takes after Modern DRPG and not the archaic ones.

Edited by Kishnabe

From the game play that I saw (from an older version, PC, I believe), it looks like it's based around the mechanics of Persona 1 ( "first person" grid based Dungeon explorer with random encounters that throw you into a turn based battle system). 

Sincerely I think that I would enjoy it more on the Vita.. 

Still, I quite like the trophy art, so, if the price is right AND there are no impossible trophies (like Dragon's Fin Soup...), then I will buy it. 

9 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

From the game play that I saw (from an older version, PC, I believe), it looks like it's based around the mechanics of Persona 1 ( "first person" grid based Dungeon explorer with random encounters that throw you into a turn based battle system). 

Sincerely I think that I would enjoy it more on the Vita.. 

ok now im interested

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Dragon Fin Soup :shakefist::spank: . What could have been.

Let's not even talk about it. Whenever I read the name, I just want to punch the devs in their stupid, monkey faces.

But anyway, this game looks like an interesting diversion.

21 hours ago, RedRodriguez87 said:

What's with the blonde lady's chest and boobage?

I don't know what it is, but it looks like they are drawn so weird. I mean, the one right above her looks like its properly measured and proportioned.

That just looks like a lazy picture more than anything. 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

This seems interesting, I usually enjoy dungeon crawlers. 

Dragon Fin Soup :shakefist::spank: . What could have been.

That's why I'm always extra careful with Indi devs (not that some major ones are that much better..)

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Let's not even talk about it. Whenever I read the name, I just want to punch the devs in their stupid, monkey faces.

We should never forget it, it's a lesson on how much we can trust in the word of those in this industry!

I don't expect much from this game, and it feels like just a time killer (as I said, I would prefer it on Vita, specially with my limited PS4 play time and my ever growing priority backlog on PS4..)

Here's the site (there's 2 trailers there, both with some gameplay). http://www.infiniteadventuresgame.com/

The game is supposed to be released on the 30th, for $25 (not sure about EU, but I would assume that's NOT being released here so fast, like everything else.. and I can guess a price tag of 25€ with the usual US$=€ bs conversion.. that's more then I would pay anyway).

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/328503/Infinite_Adventures_Dungeon_RPG_Releasing_October_30_th_on_Steam_PS4_and_Xbox_One.php

11 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

What’s up with Dragon Fin Soup?

A lot: the game was a kickstarter project, so it was funded by other people and was developed for the Playstation and the computer. The PS version was added to the PS+ lineup, so lots of people got it for free. The PC version worked fine, but had some bugs, which the developer managed to fix. However, the PS version was ported by another studio and that one was a mess: bugs, freezes, crashes, some NPCs didn't spawn for people, quests didn't spawn, etc. Some trophies were also unobtainable due to some required pets not being in the game and others just wouldn't pop when meeting the requirements. At first the dev didn't want to reveal which studio ported it (the name wasn't even in the game), suggesting the porting studio didn't want their name included as they knew what kind of backlash there was going to be. After a while the name was revealed though. Instead of manning up and fixing it, the developer and porting studio just pointed fingers at each other: devs claimed they didn't know anything about the PS coding, as the PC version worked fine (even though that one also had issues) and the porting studio said they only converted the coding to make it suitable for the PS devices). The devs even had the gall to talk about DLC for the Steam version when the PS version was a complete mess. Eventually the dev announced to release an extra edition for the PS, which included the fixes for Steam and extra stuff. But that was the last thing the dev said about it. Afterwards, they never responded to anything, even on their website's forum, and completely abandoned it, leaving thousand of gamers hanging including those that donated money to the kickstarter project.

18 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

That's why I'm always extra careful with Indi devs (not that some major ones are that much better..)

We should never forget it, it's a lesson on how much we can trust in the word of those in this industry!

I don't expect much from this game, and it feels like just a time killer (as I said, I would prefer it on Vita, specially with my limited PS4 play time and my ever growing priority backlog on PS4..)

Here's the site (there's 2 trailers there, both with some gameplay). http://www.infiniteadventuresgame.com/

The game is supposed to be released on the 30th, for $25 (not sure about EU, but I would assume that's NOT being released here so fast, like everything else.. and I can guess a price tag of 25€ with the usual US$=€ bs conversion.. that's more then I would pay anyway).

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/328503/Infinite_Adventures_Dungeon_RPG_Releasing_October_30_th_on_Steam_PS4_and_Xbox_One.php

Twenty-five dollars? That's a deal breaker, methinks...

45 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

A lot: the game was a kickstarter project, so it was funded by other people and was developed for the Playstation and the computer. The PS version was added to the PS+ lineup, so lots of people got it for free. The PC version worked fine, but had some bugs, which the developer managed to fix. However, the PS version was ported by another studio and that one was a mess: bugs, freezes, crashes, some NPCs didn't spawn for people, quests didn't spawn, etc. Some trophies were also unobtainable due to some required pets not being in the game and others just wouldn't pop when meeting the requirements. At first the dev didn't want to reveal which studio ported it (the name wasn't even in the game), suggesting the porting studio didn't want their name included as they knew what kind of backlash there was going to be. After a while the name was revealed though. Instead of manning up and fixing it, the developer and porting studio just pointed fingers at each other: devs claimed they didn't know anything about the PS coding, as the PC version worked fine (even though that one also had issues) and the porting studio said they only converted the coding to make it suitable for the PS devices). The devs even had the gall to talk about DLC for the Steam version when the PS version was a complete mess. Eventually the dev announced to release an extra edition for the PS, which included the fixes for Steam and extra stuff. But that was the last thing the dev said about it. Afterwards, they never responded to anything, even on their website's forum, and completely abandoned it, leaving thousand of gamers hanging including those that donated money to the kickstarter project.

Just to give you an idea of how bad the game was - I started this game immediately upon receiving it from PS+. It crashed three times before I got to the first town.

And as DA says, if that wasn't bad enough, the devs just disappeared from their own website. The boards there are nothing but bots now. It's entirely possible that the porting studio was to blame, but when the developers just jump ship, it's hard to take their side on anything.

Edited by starcrunch061

12 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Just to give you an idea of how bad it could be - I started this game immediately upon receiving it from PS+. It crashed three times before I got to the first town.

Wow :o , I think mine crashed once before reaching the first town. Was lucky enough to never have a corrupted save file.

18 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Same here, DFS made me extra careful. Luckily, there are also examples of great indie games, such as Entwined and Dust An Elysian Tail.

I'm guessing that'll be 25 euros for EU, which seems a lot. Curious how long it takes to complete it.

• 2 weeks later...

The glitch popped Kessel 50 trophy with 1 use. Thankfully it very easy to farm 50 kessel usage in under 50 battles. You can use 2x battle. 

It happened when I used Guard Wall Kessel....but this did not work on my alt account. Also when I made fresh start story mode....the glitch happened again on my main.

Recorded it the 3rd time it happened, have trophy image if I ever need it.

It only triggers when I have Main Character in First Slot of Front line. No issue in the other 5 spots, can use Guard Well. 

Kessel is a team skill, just like in Stranger of Sword City (Overdrive?) and Operation Abyss/Babel (Union). Can change the tide of a battle. 

Edited by Kishnabe

• 1 month later...

I forgot all about this game since it was announced (might have been becasue it never hit my PSN store maybe)
I might pick it up now but the trophies do slightly worry me with more then one ending and so on. There is even missable side quests so it might not be the easiest game to platinum

Edited by fisty123