Powgi is back baby!

DrakeHellsing

I've never understood Sudoku. When I was younger my grandfather tried to teach me how to play it once but I didn't make sense of it. That didn't really help me haha.

As for the trophy set, It seems that all you have to do to earn the :platinum: is to complete all of the puzzles. Yet again another a perfect platinum trophy title. "Letters Rejoice!"? :lol: Gotta love those puns!

Expect this to be a 6+ hour platinum. It will become an easier plat once the puzzle solution guides appear, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of puzzle games? Am I right?

Edited by Skeptical69

17 minutes ago, Skeptical69 said:

I've never understood Sudoku. When I was younger my grandfather tried to teach me how to play it once but I didn't make sense of it. That didn't really help me haha.

I know it is, a 9 square section, diagonal, horizontal and vertical cannot have the same number value in said line, but the 9 square must contain the numbers 1-9.  So it is a bit of thinking for sure, but a word version, not sure how that one works, so I am curious for sure :)

Edit: Here, from Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudoku:)

Edited by DrakeHellsing

4 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

It's the same principle, but with the difference that you're using a 9-letter word instead of numbers 1-9.

Hmm, I guess I'll have to look into it then to fully understand it, but if it's the same principle, then I can at least get an idea of what is needed.  But regardless, will pick this up when it releases for something to play on the Vita :D

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Okay, since I found the word search to be a nice little thing to play on the side, seeing another one, a word sudoku is interesting.  I understand sudoku, but a word version of it is an interesting one.  Curious as to how that works out :)

Wonder if they'll make a crossword version one day. I love sudokus, even more than word searches, so I'll definitely get this...after I finish the word search games lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Wonder if they'll make a crossword version one day. I love sudokus, even more than word searches, so I'll definitely get this...after I finish the word search games lol. 

I would love a crossword in general for the Vita, crosswords are always a nice thing to fill out for sure.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Hmm, I guess I'll have to look into it then to fully understand it, but if it's the same principle, then I can at least get an idea of what is needed.  But regardless, will pick this up when it releases for something to play on the Vita :D

Just take a closer look at this picture. If you understand Soduko, it should explan everything. ;)

L40a6f0.png

I will buy this too. These games are perfect for the Vita.

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Not sure, but if I were to hazard a guess, perhaps next week? Because if I'm not mistaken (and I could very well be), last time Powgi was released, didn't it then come out either the following week, or the week afterwards?

I dunno but they already have this on the 3ds and our phones thru the app store if anyone is interested in trying it there first or watch YouTube videos 

Nice! I love sudoku. this should be perfect for me.

Btw, if you didn't own word search yet, it's on sale 40% on US now.

PS. The word search one is double plat right ? Can it auto popped by playing just 1 time on platform of choice or must play both to get double plat ?

Edited by FielVeredus

There will be more games from these devs. Nintendo Switch got a bundle of games coming. One of those games was for word search. The other two games were new. They will be coming to PS4 separately in the future. Then today we get this list which isn't one of the games I mentioned in the Nintendo bundle.

Hopefully, these developers keep making word puzzle games. I like to see much more from them in the future. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

There will be more games from these devs. Nintendo Switch got a bundle of games coming. One of those games was for word search. The other two games were new. They will be coming to PS4 separately in the future. Then today we get this list which isn't one of the games I mentioned in the Nintendo bundle.

Hopefully, these developers keep making word puzzle games. I like to see much more from them in the future. :)

We actually had lots of requests for Sudoku on PS Vita after releasing Word Search, so that's what we did! I'm stunned that there aren't already more sudoku games on Vita - it's a perfect fit.

The bundle coming to Switch contains 6 other games.  Of those, One Word (a word search with just one word hidden in its own letters) is already underway for PlayStation and we'll probably do more too. Personally I think Mixups and Word Maze are a good candidate, and also Kriss Kross (from another bundle) but I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

The individual game format for PlayStation means more trophies, of course! Plus, we can focus on the ones that work well with button controls, so PS4 is always included.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, luckydonut said:

We actually had lots of requests for Sudoku on PS Vita after releasing Word Search, so that's what we did! I'm stunned that there aren't already more sudoku games on Vita - it's a perfect fit.

The bundle coming to Switch contains 6 other games.  Of those, One Word (a word search with just one word hidden in its own letters) is already underway for PlayStation and we'll probably do more too. Personally I think Mixups and Word Maze are a good candidate, and also Kriss Kross (from another bundle) but I'd love to hear what everyone thinks.

The individual game format for PlayStation means more trophies, of course! Plus, we can focus on the ones that work well with button controls, so PS4 is always included.

Those all do sound like they would suit the Vita in particular rather well.  I did just look at the link and yes, Word Maze and Mixups look like they would get your brain thinking.

I am curious on if for the word search (or heck, any of these puzzles) on, if any DLC is to release for it with added in trophies? I just ask as it says on the link where new puzzles are added in as DLC.

3 hours ago, luckydonut said:

The Switch bundle has DLC to add extra puzzles but when we do PlayStation versions they will include all the content up front. Word Search (in that format, at least) doesn’t have any extra puzzles right now.

Ah, gotcha, wasn't sure how you guys did it, but good to know about that in the end, that they're all included.