Willreaper41

Last 10 recipes

8 posts in this topic

So I understand the only way to get the last ten recipes is from the 10 NPCs you help during the game after they randomly come to LDC some 50 or so times but does anyone have a list of what NPCs give which recipe? I think the only NPC one I have is Poncho who gave me a steak recipe.

Poncho-Steak

Rosetta-Cream Cake

Huey-Lasagna

Celis-Tom Yam Kung

Edited by Willreaper41

We're actually going to need more info on HOW this occurs, I believe. People haven't been able to consistently trigger all 10 recipes yet. (I've backed off the last trophy until someone can confirm how to get these.)

I'm also super annoyed with this trophy and apparently nobody really wants to bother to find out how to really trigger those recipes. There are not a lot of people who got the plat (12 atm on psnprofiles) and the game is pretty much dying, so my hope also flies away with passing time.. 
*sigh*

In case anyone is still interested in a list of all 10, here they are (in the order I got them):

Poncho - Steak
Huey - Lasagna
Rosetta - Cream Cake
Celis - Tom Yam Kung
Lanche - Gelato
Ginji - Seafood Bowl
Dr Zeff - Spaghetti
Maurice - Keema Curry
Miere - Fruit Sundae
Chou Chou - Acqua Pazza

2 minutes ago, Whiptail93 said:

In case anyone is still interested in a list of all 10, here they are (in the order I got them):

Poncho - Steak
Huey - Lasagna
Rosetta - Cream Cake
Celis - Tom Yam Kung
Lanche - Gelato
Ginji - Seafood Bowl
Dr Zeff - Spaghetti
Maurice - Keema Curry
Miere - Fruit Sundae
Chou Chou - Acqua Pazza

Nice, don't suppose you figured out specifically how to trigger them? I spent days to just get 4 of them before I had enough and still haven't gotten that last trophy.

Just now, Willreaper41 said:

Nice, don't suppose you figured out specifically how to trigger them? I spent days to just get 4 of them before I had enough and still haven't gotten that last trophy.

I just kept serving and talking to them until they eventually handed the recipes over. I assume they have some hidden friendship value or something similar. Sorry I can't be of more help :/

7 hours ago, Willreaper41 said:

Someone, here I believe, said that each character has a "favorite" dish and you have to serve them that to get it. It's based on the various hints they give to you. Like "I prefer cold dishes" or whatever, it's been awhile since I played the game (gets pretty tedious).

I don't know if they were on the right track or not, but it makes sense. So just wait for them to walk in, remove everything else from the menu but their "favorite" [I think the same person posted, I'm in a rush otherwise would look for the post] so they order it and then talk to them after. I'll edit this later [or make another response with a link to the post I'm talking about]

edit; this one

I don't know what is the actual case or not, it's quite annoying.

Edited by Elvick_

One thing that I could add is the serving counts are counted since the beginning. I got Steak recipe from Poncho just the next day after I finished the story as I've been working the cafe quite regularly. In hindsight, maybe if staying in specific chapter to rack up the serving count of some characters (e.g. Miere) could be a plan? Not so time efficient. Sure. But it's more controllable as the plot character for that chapter will always come down to eat (everyday?).

As for favorite dish, I believe they only like the flavor, not the specific dish or their personal dishes. In late game Poncho almost only ordered well-salted Zippy soup, where Dr. Zeff rarely ordered one (he mostly went for Boiled Seven Grass).

I only make dish at minimum requirement though; no secret ingredient.