Trails/Kiseki series version details

MosesRockefeller

On 3/1/2019 at 7:18 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

I only have the 3 last Moon Doors left (I saved most of the long ones for last) and Star Door 14 (which requires opening all the other doors). I haven't done any more of the minigame nonsense, and as long as Star Door 14 doesn't require finishing all the minigame stages (technically it says "the rest of the doors must be "opened", which I have done for all the minigames), I'm good with ending them there, most of them not finished on the hardest level.

I don't know how the difficulty affected the gambling minigame, but I had to do it until it stopped letting me lower it. I went through several tries before I started to get the hang of those weird rules, and finally got lucky. I will never touch that again!

My arena strategy was flawed I think. I saw a guide that said to go after Loewe first, but I think that was my undoing. He only has slightly lower HP than Cassius, and damaging him seems to make him more likely to split up, which is where it gets really tough. Also, I think my party wasn't ideal, since none of my crew had SINGLE damage S-crafts that were great. I'm going to try it again with Richard instead of Renne, since his S-craft takes down over 10K HP each time. But anyway, since the arena door is under the minigame category for some reason, I won't fret too much if I lose the second attempt. The categories are kind of weird, because the first minigame (the rail shooter on Josette's ship) had real story development, but the other 4 minigames did not. I don't care about Steam achievements (or PSN trophies much anymore, for that matter).

Anyway, I noticed a couple of times where I played the Star Doors out of order and saw some references to earlier Star Doors I hadn't done yet, but nothing mind-blowing. There is some great backstory in those doors. Some highlights so far - Schera meeting Aina, Olivier and Mueller returning home, Joshua and Kloe at the celebration dinner, and Richard and Kanone transitioning to civilian life. Man, what a great series.

I got everyone up to level 130+, so I should be well prepared for the ending section.

I'm pretty sure Star Door 14 just requires opening all the doors, or maybe just finishing the basic level of them. I remember seeing 14 on the PC, and I didn't bother with the achievements in that version. 

I never cared much for blackjack, but I do like poker (when real money isn't involved). Even so, I eventually got tired of it and just lowered the difficulty. It still seems odd to me that a game of luck has "difficulty" in the first place.

At first, I thought I couldn't remember the strategy I used, but then I realized that I never got to that fight (in the PC version). I checked really carefully, but somehow I was never able to get the last invitation. I still don't know what caused that to happen; it's entirely possible that it was all due to my own error. 

Aside from the ones you mentioned, I really liked 9 and 14. Assuming I'm remembering the numbers right, that is.

130+ should be good. If not, I think you'll find that leveling up is rather easy in the last area. But then again, it's never really a problem thanks to exp scaling.

On 3/2/2019 at 5:23 PM, Cave_Johnson_ said:

I'm pretty sure Star Door 14 just requires opening all the doors, or maybe just finishing the basic level of them. I remember seeing 14 on the PC, and I didn't bother with the achievements in that version.

This is correct. I just did Star Door 14, and I started the final area. The end is near!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 10:38 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

Trails in the Sky 3 Trails in the Sky the 3rd PSP No None Japanese

I thought this was a PSN only release? idk if you discussed it, I just looked at OP >_<'

Edited by mako-heart
Double post

1 hour ago, mako-heart said:

I thought this was a PSN only release? idk if you discussed it, I just looked at OP >_<'

Not sure what you mean exactly. I was making a list of which games are on what platforms, including PC (so not limited to PSN). I don't know if the Japanese PSP version of Trails 3rd is retail or PSN only. It doesn't really matter to me as I'm not importing any of these games.

10 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Not sure what you mean exactly. I was making a list of which games are on what platforms, including PC (so not limited to PSN). I don't know if the Japanese PSP version of Trails 3rd is retail or PSN only. It doesn't really matter to me as I'm not importing any of these games.

OH, no, I meant there is an English version on PSN but no physical release.