Any advice for the 'Audio Player' trophy?

ChristIllusion12

I've been on this game for hours trying to get 122% sync for this trophy... my record is 121.47% but I missed a few cyan blue notes in that run and yet when I perfect my run where I only missed one note it gives me a much lower percentage, work that one out? but this isn't a very well talked about game and the trophy guide on this site only tells me so much and there isn't anything else on the internet either. When I hit my notes though, I notice the cyan blue notes have a hint of red to them so I'm thinking that is what means I'm in sync with the song but does anyone have any clear clue on this because I don't xD I know I'll get this trophy eventually but it's so fucking annoying!

• 3 weeks later...

This game is unfortunately very picky with how it deals with the sync percentages. In order to get 122%, you need to not only hit as many cyan (the notes that have blue with a slight bit of red) notes as possible, but the longer that cyan chain is (i.e. cyan notes before you hit a lower quality blue and green note), the better. At the same time, you need to be as close to on the beat as possible. That's why the percentages vary in a "perfect" run. You can hit all the notes and have them be cyan, but if you were just slightly off the beat, it can hurt your sync percentage. For those times were you missed some cyan notes and still hit 121.47%, your timing was probably close to as perfect as you could get, which is why the missed notes didn't hurt so much. 

Edit: I Should have checked your profile before posting. ? It looks like you've got the Plat! Congratulations! 

Edited by InfinateEternity
  • Like 1

@InfinateEternity I kept pissing around trying out different songs but the ICEY song is what got me the 122% sync but the more I was listening to the song, the more annoyed I was getting and the more mistakes I was making so in the end, I put my vita on mute, listened to Megadeth and other music I like and just totally switched off and next minute I got it xD 

• 8 months later...

For others looking for help, I'll share what I did.

First off I played through all of the songs on Easy 4K before attempting this. Obviously you don't need to do this, but it helped me as it let me see which songs would make good candidates for this trophy. I choose the song "Anger Force: Strikers". It's kind of short, has a fair bit of steady and rapid rhythm, and doesn't grate my nerves having to listen to it repeatedly.

I was doing great with this, and kept nailing at least 121%, but couldn't break 122%. What I ended up realizing is that I was pressing the buttons a hair too early, even though I was scoring the cyan "Exact" rating. Each song has some settings you can adjust. Typically you see the basic menu after selecting a song, which lets you change the speed and any sound enhancers. But, if you press "up" on this screen you go to the advanced settings where you can adjust the timing and judgement of the notes. This is intended for situations where you're using a wireless headset (or in the case of the PS4 version, a wireless controller), and you want to account for any lag. I tweaked my Judgment setting to -5, which I believe based on some testing allows you to press the button before the note crosses the bar, and still line up a cyan "Exact". To me the 5ms adjustment was enough to push me to the upper 121%'s and eventually, to over 122%.

Overall I played that song maybe 20 times before getting it.