Coop trophies

FMR

How to get the 2 coop trophies?

Helping Hand    : In COOP, repair your partner after they get shot down     

Tag Team    :  In COOP, defeat a Prime together    

Do I have to buy game extensions, physical or digital?

19 hours ago, Devil-Danna said:

Is the game (and the platinum too) entirely doable solo ? And the coop trophies alone using 2 controllers ?

Yep, there's a "tether" between coop ships - which essentially means that if player 1 moves too far away from player 2, player 2 gets teleported to player 1.

For defeating a Prime together, I'd say to be safe make sure you throw a couple rockets or bullets at the Prime using the second controller, as I'm not entirely sure it'll count if you kill it with just the one controller doing all the damage.

Healing your partner is straight forward, just let your health reach zero on your second controller, you'll get a prompt to switch ships, at that point grab your main controller, go across and hold square.

You really have nothing to worry about as Difficulty wise there's no trophies attached to a specific difficulty so you can choose from the difficulties listed, games really not that difficult on the hardest setting. It's all pretty straightforward once you get what element/elemental combo's defeat what enemy quickest.

Enemies are scaled by level but to be honest it doesn't make much difference, as when I was lower levelled (6-7) I was killing most enemies with ease that were 5-6 levels higher then me, with certain elemental combo's.

Edited by NinjaChibusa
  • Like 4

On 20/10/2018 at 1:11 AM, NinjaChibusa said:

Yep, there's a "tether" between coop ships - which essentially means that if player 1 moves too far away from player 2, player 2 gets teleported to player 1.

That's good to know, this means it's easier to play with the missus and still stick to story stuff.

10 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

If I buy the stuff physically does that mean I have to spend $20 on a controller mount or $13 on a digital ship? I got the physical game and an extra ship but I'm really worried I won't be able to do the co op trophies without spending even more money.

Mount all stuff on your main controller so it unlocks digitally, so then the second player can just pick what they want to use. Personally I'm even playing digitally solo, it's just a matter of "signing in" with the goodies once every ten days.

11 hours ago, Kassandra said:

That's good to know, this means it's easier to play with the missus and still stick to story stuff.

Mount all stuff on your main controller so it unlocks digitally, so then the second player can just pick what they want to use. Personally I'm even playing digitally solo, it's just a matter of "signing in" with the goodies once every ten days.

Yeah I got it. Figured it out. I honestly like having the toys and messing with them while I play. I basically own everything in wave 1 now.

Only gripe I have is I can't stream with the ship mount because it blocks the mic plug... really obnoxious. But oh well not a big deal.

thanks, I got the trophy without buying any other content, digital or physical.

Btw, I noticed, that having a second controler with a digital ship makes the game easier even if I play alone. The second ship is never tageted by enemies and can repair my main ship without failing the mission and loosing crédits.

• 1 month later...

Are these trophies completely unobtainable if you only have one controller? If so, that sucks.

I have no need for a second controller and just wish they didn't have forced co-op trophies or at least offered an online multiplayer way to get this. :( 

• 1 month later...
On 05/12/2018 at 4:54 AM, Ryumoau said:

Are these trophies completely unobtainable if you only have one controller? If so, that sucks.

I have no need for a second controller and just wish they didn't have forced co-op trophies or at least offered an online multiplayer way to get this. :( 

It never hurts having another controller as a spare. Seeing as the game is based at kids, I think the co-op trophies are great and can teach teamwork.

On 23/10/2018 at 8:34 PM, aZombieDictator said:

Only gripe I have is I can't stream with the ship mount because it blocks the mic plug... really obnoxious. But oh well not a big deal.

The ship mount isn't actually needed on the controller and there's no "jack" into the microphone or extension port. Just set the mount down on a table/floor, plug USB into PS4 and play normally. If you prefer to have the mount on the controller, you could always dremel a small opening for the extension and microphone port, as the mount is supported via the back of the controller. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Well that was ... something. For Coop to work you need to sign in with an actual account on the 2nd controller. Guest doesn't work.

Did it when the Prime was introduced (3rd planet). 2nd "player" doesn't have to do anything, never fired a single shot.

For the repair trophy simply go to settings, activate friendly fire and set difficulty to at least normal. Fire away and then repair.

On 24.7.2020 at 8:59 PM, Cerber108 said:

Is it obtainable with 1 controller and Remote Play on phone?

Should work.