Do You own a PSVR? (Plat Cast Topic)

ChernobylNinja

Hey all! Hope you're doing well! 

As some of you might know, @Bushido7745785 and I run a podcast titled, Plat Cast, where we often as you fine people your opinions on different topics and discuss your answers on our show! 

This week I've decided to ask:

"Do you own a PSVR? If so what is your favorite part of VR/game? If not why not? Are you on the fence about it?"

We look forward to your answers as always and thank you all so much for your support!

• Like 2

I do own one. I'm not sure if I do have a favorite game though. I haven't really played very many, since there are more non-VR games I'd rather play. Skyrim is great though, Job Sim is hilarious, and from what I played of the demo Astro Bot looks awesome. I'd really like to spend more time with my PSVR, but there aren't THAT many games that interest me tbh.

Edit: Read "favorite part" as "Favorite game". Oh well, I'm keeping it like that.

Edited by OhDearGodRun

No. It's too expensive and none of the experiences so far have captivated me to buy one. Besides, I live in a small house and have no space to even use the damn thing.

Not to mention, I have a base PS4 and the thing would probably run like crap.

YES! I hoped there would be a trophy hunting podcast! I am subscribed!

I do own a PSVR, though I hardly use it. Living room is too small currently and infant is crawling around. I would have to play it when everyone is asleep. I am thinking about playing Superhot on Saturday Mornings for a light workout / trophy hunting though.

Well, I own one, but I didn't play it in the summer. Feels strange on the forehead and I tend to sweat a lot so.... yeah, just doesn't feel comfortable.

I plan to coninue DriveClub VR and get the Hatsune Miku VR. And maybe Dirt Rally VR but I need the DLC first.

It's so much fun driving inside the car and look around, that is in my opinion maybe the best part about it. Here's hoping we get a Formula 1 VR-Game.

Yes i own one!

I like to support this rather "new"  gaming-style.

I've bought one with my B-day which is in feb.
I dont have the motion controllers cause i feel like its old stuff resold as new. They were for the PS3 and are still at 80 euro for a set of 2.
If they design new ones i will prob get them.

The best games so far are : 1. Astro Bot, 2. Moss
I've also been looking into the Persistence and Torn(requires motion control) .

worst game till date would be RIGS: Mechanized Combat League, Its just to fast for VR.

I have a 

1 hour ago, jrdemr said:

No. It's too expensive and none of the experiences so far have captivated me to buy one. Besides, I live in a small house and have no space to even use the damn thing.

Not to mention, I have a base PS4 and the thing would probably run like crap.

I have a base PS4 and it runs perfectly fine but space is an issue

2 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

Yes i own one!

I like to support this rather "new"  gaming-style.

I've bought one with my B-day which is in feb.
I dont have the motion controllers cause i feel like its old stuff resold as new. They were for the PS3 and are still at 80 euro for a set of 2.
If they design new ones i will prob get them.

The best games so far are : 1. Astro Bot, 2. Moss
I've also been looking into the Persistence and Torn(requires motion control) .

worst game till date would be RIGS: Mechanized Combat League, Its just to fast for VR.

Chek out eBay or a local game store for PS3 move controllers, normally the sell for less than 20 for a pair. (They still work fine but have less battery life and micro USB charging I think)

• Like 1

I treated myself to one last christmas, not really played on it much for the last 6 months. I used it for some easy plats on my old account like hex tunnel & accounting+ etc.

Out of the few games ive played on it my favourite has to be skyrim vr, i can spend hours just walking round the countryside, killing the wildlife and the odd necromancer I come across. I want it for plat #50 on this account so I'm going to have to start it soon to give me enough time to do it a few hours here and there at a time.

I also recommend Gunjack, you can pick it up for less than £5. You control mounted gun on a spaceship, you sit stationary and aim with your head at waves of enemy ships. It's really good for when you've an hour spare and don't know what to play. Honourable mention goes to arkham vr, I found it more of an experience than a game but who doesn't want to be batman for a bit.

I bought farpoint and the aim controller but havent played it yet, I also have Arizona sunshine in the backlog. My problem is I can't really play it when anyone else is in the room with me as I get very swingy with my arms especially when I'm wielding my dual war axes on Skyrim.

I really hope it continues to get support from sony and doesn't go the way of the vita, when ps5 rolls out I want an updated wireless vr headset with everything you need built into the console itself.

Just listened to episode 12, looking forward to the next one. Keep up the good work guys.

I do not own a PS VR, they are too expensive and I'd rather spend that money on the PS5 when it comes out. I tried it at a friends house and I thought it was pretty cool but I'm not about to drop 400 dollars on it just so it can sit on my shelf after using it for a week. Controller gaming is the best way to play in my opinion. 

Don't have one. I pay attention to the sales but I can't justify the cost right now because I get motion sickness and there is no room in the living room to play my PS3 Move games safely so no way will I be playing a game where I need to move but can't see my surroundings. Not going to drop a few hundred on something I won't be able to use. 

If I got one for free, or insanely cheap, I would be excited though. I do have a few VR games like the free PS+ ones and Driveclub. Skyrim VR is on my wishlist too but unless it goes on a deep sale I won't snag it because I don't have a PSVR to play it with. 

Bought my PSVR about a year ago and love it.  Really love the immersion that VR gives and some of the best moments have been bringing it out when family are visiting and showing them all these different experiences. 

My personal favourite games have been: RIGS & Skyrim.  RIGS is just pure fun, though admittedly I never have felt ill whilst wearing VR, which helps.  Never played Skyrim before, so am really enjoying taking my time to play through that HUGE world.

An added bonus that I want to mention is that I got to watch some of the this summers FIFA World Cup games on PSVR via the BBC Sport app.  Was pretty amazing to watch games as though I was sitting in the stadium, as it gave a totally different experience to watching it in TV.  Am really looking forward to see how VR expands into live sport and maybe even film/TV in the future.

Overall, BIG fan of my PSVR.  Yes, looking forward to more games (hello Borderlands 2 VR), but I would and do recommend it to others.

Yes I have VR. It's a really cool piece of tech. Sadly I feel VR is going down the same path to extinction as the Vita did since so few are buying it.

I would gladly see an updated VR headset on next generation that could match or exceed the specs of PC based ones. We'll see what happens.

VR at the moment is for those people who can afford to ''waste'' money on a cool experience?

I own one. I got it unexpectedly as a Christmas present last year and I absolutely love it. The best thing about it is that it gives you a new perspective and experience on gaming that is impossible to replicate any other way. Sometimes, I get bored of a game and need something to freshen up gaming, and this has been my go-to for that. Especially as of late.

My favorite game so far is either Superhot VR or Rigs: MCL. Granted, every game I have tried for it was great, except for GT Sport, which gave me motion sickness for the first time. Haven't tried it on VR since. 

No, and I don't plan to buy any VR tech. That's where I draw the line actually. I guess I am too old school to go beyond the "monitor line". I have played a lot of games in my years and I am so used to the classic setup by now. In fact I have virtually no interest to explore anything in VR. Guess that sounds like some sort of phobia or that I am afraid of motion sickness, but it is not. I am simply happy with the setup I am used to. Plus I prefer third person games/persepective and I don't think that VR is something that could bring anything new to it.

As for the tech itself I think it won't go away this time. Because there are so many areas where it is almost necessary now, like space exploration or going to dangerous place on earth. But not so much for playing games. It will probably always be a niche product. Of course that could change when the tech gets so small and advanced someday that you can't distinguish a headset from glasses.

Edited by Durandal

No, don't own one and don't want one. Mostly because I'm pretty sure it'll give me headaches especially since I already get headaches from playing games. Plus it's expensive and I'm not throwing money away on something I might not be able to enjoy.