Thoughts about the game/trophies?

TazDevilz1986

Is anyone having any issues with all star team ? Win with all racers I got jack if all trades and have won races and cups with all characters twice. No trophy as yet. 

And turtle brotherhood is that team race u get it ?

Regarding the game I am 61 % through it sucks difficulty trophies dont stack. Pick ups are good drifting is nicely done. I was concerned about slime rider thought it would be a grind. When u finish all cups on easy u should have enough distance.

And dash and destroy there is a track where there is quite a few tables ill post the track tonight

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 29.10.2018 at 0:09 PM, Bennett316Spurs said:

Is anyone having any issues with all star team ? Win with all racers I got jack if all trades and have won races and cups with all characters twice. No trophy as yet.

Same problem here and can´t figure out what the problem is. ?

Edited by Kratosaur

36 minutes ago, midgetstrawdog said:

I posted it on another thread, but in case you missed it: Close application then race as the Blue turtle 

Oh okay, i give it a try, thanx. ?

Edit: Worked! I didn´t even finish the cup, just got 2nd place in first race and the trophy poped. Thanx a lot for your help! ??

Edited by Kratosaur
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

The trophy list is grind heavy. Thanks to no stacking, players have to play each cup on all different difficulties, which all have varying speed levels. This kart racer has a bit of an unorthodox cup system, so you won't just be partaking in cups with 4 stages. Then there's the purchase every kart part trophy, which there's a lot of. There's also the requirement of playing each arena mode ten times. And more. It's a very slow and mostly boring process, especially on Beginner difficulty, the equivalent to 50cc. 

The game itself isn't that bad in terms of gameplay, level design, and customization, but it still does have a notable amount of disappointments elsewhere. There's no voice acting for any characters; the roster is just a bit too short, but I find the omission of other franchises, especially Danny Phantom, Avatar, and Fairy Oddparents, to be more jarring, especially since voice actors weren't hired or necessary to voice characters; there's no online play, which All-Stars Fruit Racing, Team Sonic Racing, and Garfield Kart: Furious Racing, in that order, actually delivered on; the OST is forgettable, though I didn't use headphones.

This game is undoubtedly very similar, pretty much a "ripoff", of the kart racer named Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed—which is not an insult to Sonic—not ModNation Racers. Sonic's kart racers have been very well regarded critically, by fans and critics. SaASRT is the first innovative automobile based Sonic racer (the first game is good, just not very innovative), having expanded on the idea that Diddy Kong Racing used with the flying races, water races, and ground races all existing in one game. Sonic is the first to actually have all that stuff all happen in one race, seamlessly, through the transformation concept. This is what NKR decided to also do.

It's not like the Mario Kart games where you drive underwater; you drive on the surface of the water exactly like in SaASRT. The game also has these text notifications like "dominating" and "owning it" popping up during racing, which not only also happens in SaASRT but the words used in those phrases also exist in that game. Some levels change dynamically over the laps, another feature SaASRT is known for. Other identical concepts include the start-line boost and the character unique items.

ModNation Racers is my favorite kart racer ever made, if not counting Jak X, and the two comparisons I've seen on this topic to Nickelodeon Kart Racers makes absolutely no sense to me. MNR is a vehicular combat kart racer, which means vehicles there blow up when hit by certain items (also like Jak X in that respect). The item system also has a progression system where they get stronger if you stack item capsules without using the item you have. Levels also consist of shortcuts and hazards that can be triggered by the electric based item. There's no flying, gliding, or water sections at all. That's all without mentioning that the major appeal with the game is creating, publishing, and sharing everything (character-mods, vehicles, and stages). NKR has... none of the above.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I kind of regret spending money on this game.

I do like kart racers and of course MK is the best out there.

This just feels unfinished due to no character is special except from their one special attack.

The races are rubberbanding-boring and drifting is bad imo although easy.

No stacking trophies and no variation in tracks on the three difficulties is also a letdown.

The OST if you want to call it that is boring, boring and forgettable.

Personally I do not have the patience to grind this for several hours, only doing some

races every now and then. Even if you only get this for trophies, maybe consider something

more fun

Edited by preciseRNG