6th Boss Trophy and TLB

Vergil

Anyone have any idea how to get it. Ive beat the game 4 times. And 1cc. Still have not unlocked it. It does not look like its glitched cause on PS4 someone has it. Also on EU version. Though i haven't beat Omake mode yet. 

Also what are the requirments for TLB 

Edited by DPatriot

2 minutes ago, Hard_Boiled_Duck said:

To get stage 6 boss trophy you need to get a timeout at the boss 6 (flying mecha

clear the game with 1 credit (1CC) and reach a minium score =  true Boss dont know if you can do it on novice

So original mode at least. Without dying and stay alive until time runs out? 

for the stage six boss trophy just play original mode until you encounter the stage 6 flying mecha boss (first big boss) now do nothing and wait till the timer for the boss runs out. you just have to evade the bullets.

the true boss trophy you have to play original mode with minimum kills and 1cc i have it from the facebook page from the developer they only wrote

clear the game with 1 credit (1CC) and reach a minium score. so i dont know if or how this works exactly

Edited by Hard_Boiled_Duck

9 minutes ago, Hard_Boiled_Duck said:

for the stage six boss trophy just play original mode until you encounter the stage 6 flying mecha boss (first big boss) now do nothing and wait till the timer for the boss runs out. you just have to evade the bullets.

the true boss trophy you have to play original mode with minimum kills and 1cc i have it from the facebook page from the developer they only wrote

clear the game with 1 credit (1CC) and reach a minium score. so i dont know if or how this works exactly

I see. Thanks for the info. Are you able to post that here? 

Got the trophy. What a silly way to do this. But i guess its a premature ending? 

Btw: anyone noticed when you playing. On top middle screen, where its states the difficulty you are on. And below it is a rank. It changes from 1 to 2 to 3 and also a dead skull. Maybe this indicates the TLB process? 

2 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Is this platinum going to be incredibly difficult?

If its really True about TLB then Yes. Need 1cc on 2nd hardest setting. And even worse its not just doing that. You need to have 12 billion in score as well for him to appear. So Yeah! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey everyone! Not sure if anyone will see this or could care anymore as its not a popular game, but I have been bored with shmups lately and decided to revisit this awesome game. It's seriously one of the best shmups on the console, and also the hardest from what I have experienced, a shame it isn't more popular.

I have made a guide of sorts for unlocking the true last boss (TLB), as there seems to be conflicting information everywhere for this TLB to appear, and general information on scoring is very hard to find. You will need to unlock secrets as you play through the game in order to get the score required, most of which are below.

Conditions for True Last Boss to Appear

* Must play on Maniac mode

* Must reach and finish stage 6 bosses with a single credit, essentially 1-credit clear (1cc) the game.

* 10 billion score after the final boss in stage 6 is destroyed, but before the stage clear screen.

Rank System, Scoring, Secrets and Tech bonuses

Rank System   - You start the game at rank 1, and your rank can be increased by unlocking secrets and generally by killing enemies. There's rank 1, 2, 3, and then a boss icon as the final rank.

- Getting hit (stay alive, lose all shields), losing a life, or using a shield will decrease your rank, but if you have the highest rank (devil rank), using a shield will not lower your rank.

- Devil rank introduces new enemies and adds extra bullets to existing enemies upon their death, just when you thought you were making progress :( Also gives the highest score.

Secrets            - Unlocked by killing certain enemies in each stage, or by other conditions such as "chaining" enemies together (not hitting an enemy within 2 seconds lowers your score chain)

Tech Bonuses - Unlocked during boss fights, by following certain conditions 

Scoring           - Extra life awarded every 2-billion score. Completing all secrets in stage 3 and 4 will also unlock an extra life, only by unlocking secrets in the stages that follow them (4 and 5).

- Hold down fire to 'grind' enemies that can absorb a bit of damage then quickly destroy the weakest enemies for increased score chain

Stage Guide

Stage 1

Secret 1 - Have a perfect chain up until destroying the opening mini-boss in the stage (roughly 140-chain) for a secret joker to appear.

Secret 2 - Halfway through the stage, there are 9 turrets positioned on 3 ground ships. Destroy 6 of them

Secret 3 - In the same area, destroy all medium-sized enemies.

Tech Bonus - The boss has three moving parts. Destroy the left and right sides first, before finishing off the center. Delay one side as long as you can before destroying the center, as extra bullets are introduced once you get the tech bonus.

Stage 2

Secret 1 - Kill the 4 blue enemies in the opening 30 seconds of the stage

Secret 2/3 - Kill the sets of red enemies that shoot diagonal bullets in the 30 secs - 2 minute range

Secret 4 - ?

Secret 5 - ?

Tech Bonus - At 50% boss health, position yourself on the far left of the screen and quickly work your way towards the right as 3 red spinning enemies move towards the bottom of the screen. Kill all 3 enemies for the tech bonus

Stage 3

Secret 1/3 - There are 3 big purple enemies that hover across the top of the screen in this stage, with the first appearing after the opening section with the glowing                        pipes you have to dodge. Kill the first for secret 1, and kill all three throughout the stage for secret 3

Secret 2 - Secret 2 is unclear, it is either kill a set amount of 'medium-sized' enemies in the first half of the stage, or reach 530 score chain

Tech Bonus - Boss comes in 3 phases, simply destroy the 3 rotating objects in the second phase.

Stage 4

Secret 1 - Destroy the second mini-boss (has a health bar) in the stage before it disappears

Secret 2 - Kill a set amount of medium-sized red enemies in the first half of the level

Secret 3 - Can't consistently find it, think it has to do with blue rotating enemies in the middle of the level

Tech Bonus - Similar to stage 2, there are 2 spinning enemies at roughly 30% boss health you will need to destroy

Secret 4 - Delay killing the boss after the tech bonus to destroy a final spinning enemy

Stage 5

Secret 1/2 - This stage has red/green coloured obstacles that can be destroyed. Throughout the stage, there are red spinning enemies that shoot purple bullets                            placed in between these obstacles. Must kill 8 in the first half and 8 in the second half of the stage for each secret.

Tech Bonus - The same setup as stage 1. Boss has three moving parts, destroy the center piece last.

Stage 6 

Secret 1 - kill a set amount (8) of blue enemies that appear after each 'warning signal' sound effect at the start of the level

Secret 2 - ?

Tech Bonus - ?

I managed to find the TLB after reaching 10.7 billion score and losing two lives along the way. About 80% of the secrets and tech bonuses were found. You also need to remain in devil rank as you destroy most of the bosses for extra score as well. A video will be uploaded soon.

Edited by mrcool37
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, mrcool37 said:

Hey everyone! Not sure if anyone will see this or could care anymore as its not a popular game, but I have been bored with shmups lately and decided to revisit this awesome game. It's seriously one of the best shmups on the console, and also the hardest from what I have experienced, a shame it isn't more popular.

I have been working towards unlocking the true last boss (TLB) and it's starting to look attainable for me, so I thought I'd write up a guide of sorts as there seems to be conflicting information everywhere for this TLB to appear, and general information on scoring is very hard to find. I'm still finding out new things even after probably 20-25 hours of play since I bought it last year so things will be updated over time.

Conditions for True Last Boss to Appear

* Must play on Maniac mode

* Must reach and finish stage 6 bosses with a single credit, essentially 1-credit clear (1cc) the game.

* 12-Billion (!!!) score reached before completing all 6 stages

* Still not entirely clear, but must discover most stage secrets and tech bonuses.

Rank System, Scoring, Secrets and Tech bonuses

Rank System - You start the game at rank 1, and your rank can be increased by unlocking secrets and generally by killing enemies. There's rank 1, 2, 3, and then a boss icon as the final rank.

- Getting hit (stay alive, lose all shields), losing a life, or using a shield will decrease your rank, but if you have the highest rank (boss rank), using a shield will not lower your rank.

- Boss rank introduces new enemies and even adds extra bullets to existing enemies upon their death, just when you thought you were making progress in the game :( Also gives the highest score.

Secrets          - Unlocked by killing certain enemies in each stage, or by other conditions such as "chaining" enemies together (not hitting an enemy within 2 seconds lowers your score chain)

Tech Bonuses - Unlocked during boss fights, by following certain conditions 

Scoring - Extra life awarded every 2-billion score. Completing all secrets in stage 3 and 4 will also unlock an extra life, only by unlocking secrets in the stages that follow them (4 and 5).

- 200 million bonus for every life remaining after completing the game.

Stage Guide

Stage 1

Secret 1 - Have a perfect chain up until destroying the opening mini-boss in the stage (roughly 140-chain) for a secret joker to appear.

Secret 2 - Halfway through the stage, there are 9 turrets positioned on 3 ground ships. Destroy 6 of them

Secret 3 - Can't consistently find it, will update

Tech Bonus - The boss has three moving parts. Destroy the left and right sides first, before finishing off the center. Delay one side as long as you can before destroying the center, as extra bullets are introduced once you get the tech bonus.

Stage 2

Secret 1 - Kill the 4 blue enemies in the opening 30 seconds of the stage

Secret 2/3 - Kill the sets of red enemies that shoot diagonal bullets in the 30 secs - 2 minute range

Secret 4 - ?

Secret 5 - ?

Tech Bonus - At 50% boss health, position yourself on the far left of the screen and quickly work your way towards the right as 3 red spinning enemies move towards the bottom of the screen. Kill all 3 enemies for the tech bonus

Stage 3

Secret 1/3 - There are 3 big purple enemies that hover across the top of the screen in this stage, with the first appearing after the opening section with the glowing pipes you have to dodge. Kill the first for secret 1, and kill all three throughout the stage for secret 3

Secret 2 - Secret 2 is unclear, it is either kill a set amount of 'medium-sized' enemies in the first half of the stage, or reach 530 score chain

Tech Bonus - Boss comes in 3 phases, simply destroy the 3 rotating objects in the second phase.

Stage 4

Secret 1 - Destroy the second mini-boss (has a health bar) in the stage before it disappears

Secret 2 - Unclear at this stage, it is either kill the pink enemy to the left immediately after the secret above, or kill a set amount of these enemies in the first half of the level

Secret 3 - Can't consistently find it, will update

Tech Bonus - Similar to stage 2, there are 2 spinning enemies at roughly 30% boss health you will need to destroy

Secret 4 - Delay killing the boss after the tech bonus to destroy a final spinning enemy

Stage 5

Secret 1/2 - This stage has red/green colored obstacles that can be destroyed. Throughout the stage, there are red spinning enemies that shoot purple bullets placed in between these obstacles. Must kill 8 in the first half and 8 in the second half of the stage for each secret.

Tech Bonus - The same setup as stage 1. Boss has three moving parts, destroy the center piece last.

Stage 6 

Secret 1 - Unclear, looks like kill a set amount of blue enemies that appear after 'warning signal' sound effect

Secret 2 - to be updated

Secret 3 - to be updated

Secret 4 - to be updated

Secret 5 - ?

Tech Bonus - ?

Everything will be updated as i go back through replays and figure out descriptions for everything and some possible screenshots. Still can't consistently unlock a couple of secrets.

Current highest score - 6.2 Billion at the start of stage 6, with 1x1cc completion with a lower score.

Nice! 

Here is a vid with TLB unlock at 10 billion. 

I have been very busy with Ikaruga to try out the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the video of the run, hope the quality turns out OK:

Shows most of the secrets and all tech bonuses except for the last boss. Most of stage 2-6 was played with devil rank, except for stage 5 boss due to losing a life, and on another life lost on stage 6. It's possible to get devil rank before the stage 1 boss for extra bonus but was never able to get it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mrcool37 said:

Here's the video of the run, hope the quality turns out OK:

Shows most of the secrets and all tech bonuses except for the last boss. Most of stage 2-6 was played with devil rank, except for stage 5 boss due to losing a life, and on another life lost on stage 6. It's possible to get devil rank before the stage 1 boss for extra bonus but was never able to get it.  

Thx man! Will go back to it some day. Just been busy with Ikaruga:)