Kill Your Completion ∞

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Golden Abyss is like a prequel, I think. Younger Drake, no Elena. Lost Legacy takes place after the fourth. 

35 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I completely forgot about Golden Abyss being a thing. Still have that in my backlog as well, although I already started it a few years ago.

Like Rob said. Golden Abyss, 1-4 and lastly Lost Odyssey. While in some series the standalone DLCs aren't necessarily connected to the main game, in Lost Legacy it's noticeable that part of the story is kind of missing, if you haven't played 4.

Thank you!! 

Well, wrapped up Fate/Etella: The Umbral Star faster than expected. Finished the story today and consider the game done. The rest is lackluster grinding for affection and kills which is one of those things that are pointless to me as they don't add anything to the experience. I was very indecisive between giving this a :silver: or a :gold:, but ended up going with the former in the end.

Thing is, the combat is the best I've seen in any musou type game so far (and I've played my fair share of those). It's fluid, smooth and fast. The boss fights were a massive let-down though. As 3/4 are just repeated for the various story arcs and the final 4th boss was one of the most anticlimactic "boss encounters" in gaming history.

This had the potential to end up being my favourite of the genre, but ends up taking 3rd place after SW4 and Arslan. Nonetheless it's a solid game overall.

Next up is Tales of Berseria, which I'm sure will take me a lot longer to finish up. I think I'm only about 13 hours in so far. and I still only have gotten 2 trophies in that one lol.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 3

Just wanted to put a PSA out there before it leaves PS+...

L835741.png

I played this in the KYC 5 event and thought it was alright. After getting some skiing in this winter, I felt motivated to pick it back up and I have to say it's quite fun.  I have spent the last month investing a lot of time into this and it's definitely worth picking up.    

You WILL be challenged in obtaining the platinum, but it's achievable with some good, old fashioned "git gud" repetitive attempts.  The platinum has been made more easy with a recent update. Before you needed to gold ALL the challenges, but the game added a rocket suit concept to the game and with it, included a few more challenges, so now you need to just gold 115 out of 118 challenges. 

The feel of the game really feels similar to the Tony Hawk games of old. Obviously on snow and ice, instead of cement and asphalt. You need to find lines and correctly time jumps to perform big air tricks. And there are a variety of events with big trick competitions, checkpoint races, and scoring events.  Also, there are a number of different alpine sports disciplines included with snowboarding/ skiing/ paragliding and the dreaded wingsuit ( Just Cause 3 flashbacks ?). 

Again, with practice, it's a doable :platinum:. Alright, with a LOT of practice, it's doable.  I achieved the threshold trophy last night in getting the 115 challenge gold trophy. Tonight, I will do a little collectible cleanup for the plat.

I'd say the only negatives are the amount of people on right now from PS+. There are no MP trophies but like The Crew, everything is online (including your save) and there are random players in your game. They can't interfere with you, but sometimes they can distract your concentration with someone randomly flying by you. Also, for completionists, the game is free on PS+ right now, but if you are trying to get ALL the game trophies, the dlc's will set you back around $30-40.  The Olympics dlc is 20 frickin bucks! 

But grab it before it disappears...happy gaming!!

• Like 4

Since you have to be some kind of Rayman god to get Diamond cups nowadays, I don't even know if I'll finish that one by March.. I don't know how people post the times they do. I honestly wonder if the guys at the top are hackers, because it really makes no damn sense.

Still have six other games from this KYC I haven't gotten back to yet, as well. :/ Don't know if I will, either, with everything else I've got going on. If I do take part in the next one, it may end up being a short list, so I don't keep piling up these incomplete games..

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Since you have to be some kind of Rayman god to get Diamond cups nowadays, I don't even know if I'll finish that one by March.. I don't know how people post the times they do. I honestly wonder if the guys at the top are hackers, because it really makes no damn sense.

Still have six other games from this KYC I haven't gotten back to yet, as well. :/ Don't know if I will, either, with everything else I've got going on. If I do take part in the next one, it may end up being a short list, so I don't keep piling up these incomplete games..

That's why I'm cool with just completing the story in a few games. Even though I enjoy Tales of Berseria, the plat is too much of a time investment. Most of it being essentialy a grind that adds nothing to the game, is especially unappealing. Considering I still got well over 500 games in my backlog, it's not feasible for me to go for the plat on certain games.

4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

That's why I'm cool with just completing the story in a few games. Even though I enjoy Tales of Berseria, the plat is too much of a time investment. Most of it being essentialy a grind that adds nothing to the game, is especially unappealing. Considering I still got well over 500 games in my backlog, it's not feasible for me to go for the plat on certain games.

Yeah, I can understand that. For me, it depends on how badly I want that Plat. Which for the Tales of games, has only been the one (Xillia). The rest were too much of a grind.. 

I don't think the ones from this event are too insane, though (other than this dumb Rayman grind). I've just been really scatterbrained with different events I joined, and never got back to them. :/

Well, went completely ham on Tales of Berseria over the weekend and finished up the story.

once again, I'm sticking with my initial assessment (a :gold:). Characters are likeable, story is kind of cheesy yet decent and the gameplay is fun for the most part. Combat is somwhat complex and takes some getting used to. Some dungeons are unnecessarily complicated in their design and there was a lot of going back and forth between places that felt like a waste if tune,

Visually the game is not up to snuff. There's no excuse for a PS4 game to have such dated graphics. What's worse is there being 3 different visual presentations, Anime cutscenes, washed-out 3D game world and washed-out cutscenes. I really hope the next installment uses a different engine and maybe even makes the combat feel a bit smoother.

That leaves me with these 12 to get back to:

• Transistor (KYC 1)
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (KYC 1)
  • Battle Princess of Arcadias (KYC 2)
  • Trine Enchanted Edition (KYC 2)
  • Slain: Back from Hell (KYC 3)
  • Assassin's Creed Unity (KYC 3)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 (KYC 3)
  • WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (KYC 3)
  • Okami HD (KYC 3)
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (KYC 5)
  • Drive Girls (KYC 8)
  • Megadimension Veptunia V II (KYC 9)

Not sure, if I'll be returning to any of these before the next event starts though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Well, went completely ham on Tales of Berseria over the weekend and finished up the story.

once again, I'm sticking with my initial assessment (a :gold:). Characters are likeable, story is kind of cheesy yet decent and the gameplay is fun for the most part. Combat is somwhat complex and takes some getting used to. Some dungeons are unnecessarily complicated in their design and there was a lot of going back and forth between places that felt like a waste if tune,

Visually the game is not up to snuff. There's no excuse for a PS4 game to have such dated graphics. What's worse is there being 3 different visual presentations, Anime cutscenes, washed-out 3D game world and washed-out cutscenes. I really hope the next installment uses a different engine and maybe even makes the combat feel a bit smoother.

That leaves me with these 12 to get back to:

• Transistor (KYC 1)
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (KYC 1)
  • Battle Princess of Arcadias (KYC 2)
  • Trine Enchanted Edition (KYC 2)
  • Slain: Back from Hell (KYC 3)
  • Assassin's Creed Unity (KYC 3)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 (KYC 3)
  • WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (KYC 3)
  • Okami HD (KYC 3)
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (KYC 5)
  • Drive Girls (KYC 8)
  • Megadimension Veptunia V II (KYC 9)

Not sure, if I'll be returning to any of these before the next event starts though.

I would recommend Unity.  I see you finished Syndicate and I thought Unity was slightly better.  Story was definitely more interesting.  Unity has a bad reputation for the opening day glitches it had (and yes, they were MAJOR), but once Ubi fixed the game, I found it quite fun.

And if you need help with the co-op trophies, I can help out. 

3 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

I would recommend Unity.  I see you finished Syndicate and I thought Unity was slightly better.  Story was definitely more interesting.  Unity has a bad reputation for the opening day glitches it had (and yes, they were MAJOR), but once Ubi fixed the game, I found it quite fun.

And if you need help with the co-op trophies, I can help out. 

Yeah, from what I tried during the event it seemed pretty solid. However, I recently bought AC Origins and I'm dying to try that one out. Actually still deciding if I'll wait for it until KYC9 or, if I start it earlier. Therefore Unity has kind of fallen deeper into the backlog for now. Thanks for offering to help out with the co-op though, I might end up taking you up on that at some point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Heads up. Going to post the new event sometime during the 20th of this month.

Interested.. haven’t joined a KYC event before but I seem to have a ton of games lined up that I want to start on so what better way than to start them all at once. Haha ? 

9 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Interested.. haven’t joined a KYC event before but I seem to have a ton of games lined up that I want to start on so what better way than to start them all at once. Haha ? 

In that case stay tuned for the next event. I'll be posting a link to the new thread in here once it's done. The rules will for the most part be the same as in this one, with the exception of the maximum games allowed being reduced to 10.

2 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Having to redownload around 3TB of games takes quite some time.

True, that might take some time. My digital games are mostly indies, so downloading them is fairly quick. Still I wished Sony wouldn't cap the download speed on their consoles.

• 2 weeks later...

tenor.gif?itemid=4601439

No longer will I have to do Daily and Weekly challenges in Rayman! Gold cups should really be worth more points, 'cause almost no one is getting Diamonds. I don't know who designed that system, but I would really like to meet him... And give him a swift kick to the balls. :ninja:

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2018 at 8:26 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Game #2: Final Review

Lc4bbd1.png

Playtime: 3+ hours

Trophies Earned: 2/34

Story: I didn't get as far as I wanted to. I'm still on Chapter 1 (I read VNs, I don't skip them). Well, the protagonist and others survived an earthquake that happened in Shibuya sometime ago. The main guy (forgot his name)  finds out that murders that preceded the earthquake are linked to some killings that have been happening in the present. One of which, he and his childhood friend sort of witness. 

Gameplay: Like some VNs, you get to somehow influence the story. In Chaos;Child, there are positive and negative triggers, you can choose. So far I've only chosen positive triggers, which doesn't really influence the plot, so I'm a bit confused how that will play once I get further into the game. The positive responses I've chosen so far are perverted scenarios dreamed up by the protag.

Recommend: No, not really. The Steins;Gate series are better, as I'm sure are Zero Escape series - haven't played any of them yet. Though my review might change once I finish the story.

So I'm back with another final review. I hate to bring up an older KYC thread, but I had forgotten what I wrote. So, yeah, I finally finished the game and hated the characters. The premise of the story is good, but there were too many low moments that dragged the story down. Oftentimes the dialogue would repeat between characters, which made reading tedious.

I definitely don't recommend this game. So far I've only completed 2/10 games.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 12/1/2018 at 2:00 AM, Oobedoob S Benubi said:

@xFalionx I also cared less than I thought I should for Spy Chameleon. Still haven't finished it.

I thought I played Spy Chameleon during a KYC at some point, but apparently I just commented when someone else played it and I played it myself outside of an event.

Anyway I see @xFalionx actually got the platinum a short while after this KYC finished, congratulations!

I was checking for which KYC I played this in myself because I wanted to give an update - now that I have PS+ again, I decided to go back to some games I started but never finished, this and King Oddball being first on my list of old unfinished backlog games.

I liked Spy Chameleon a lot more after deciding to stop playing on hard and going for all the challenges (trophies). I ended up finishing the game and getting all remaining trophies not related to the hard difficulty stuff. Overall I now appreciated the game more, it's a fun puzzle game, the hard difficulty is just too annoying.

On 2/11/2024 at 4:21 AM, Oobedoob S Benubi said:

now that I have PS+ again, I decided to go back to some games I started but never finished, this and King Oddball being first on my list of old unfinished backlog games.

I guess King Oddball really synced with me since I ended up doing all the stacks. Good PS+ entry. :)