Kill Your Completion ∞

11 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

My planning for the day

So, my original plan yesterday was get through two hours of additional Assassin's Creed Odyssey missions first, then go on to another KYC game. However, my brother-in-law suddenly dropped by and what ended up happening was I made him play two VR games, Accounting+ and then Statik, and by the time he was gone (after dinner) my wife wanted to watch one of those corny Netflix christmas movies, so I galantly granted her the screen and went on to play Pokémon myself.

Smart move! Have the dinner guests play VR games and get nauseous before the meal is served so they don't eat too much food. xD

On 11/16/2018 at 10:20 PM, PerryToxteth said:

KYC 8

Game No. 4

Pic-a-Pix Color

L4c45d4.png

Playing Time: 5 hours

Trophies Earned: 16/25 (64% C ranking)

Final Thoughts: I wasn't sure what to expect of this game, and given its price point and subpar graphics (see above), I was pretty skeptical. But was I ever wrong! This game is incredible fun and is seriously addicting!

I first got interested in this when a recent Artifex Mundi title had a similar game in it to unlock a clue. Unfortunately, in that game the instructions were absolutely shitty and I felt pretty frustrated. But just as I solved it, I realized the premise of the game could be a fun mental challenge.

Well, one month later, and with PROPER instructions, I have a pretty serious addiction to this game, and they better come out with more! Honestly, it's not complicated. Your goal is to paint a picture on a grid using coded numbers listed in the horizontal and vertical columns. The numbers indicate how many of the specific color's titles will be in a row together (so a red 3 means somewhere in that column, three red titles will be next to one another). By lining up the numbers to correspond horizontally and vertically, you begin to solve the puzzle. Here's an example below:

pic-a-pix_wiiu_01.jpg

Essentially, this is a logic puzzle just like Sudoku. One move, will lead to another move, etc., etc. Unlike Sudoku, this is more trial and error based. In Sudoku, one wrong move written in pen, and you're basically fucked. 

The game starts with small 5x5 puzzles for beginners and they get large enough for 20x20 for experts. I was finishing the 5x5s and 10x10s in under 5 minutes, but the bigger ones usually take 10-15 minutes. There are a few time-specific trophies, but don't panic. You will find some easy puzzles to finish in the allotted time.

This game will take me probably 15 hours to finish but I'm really enjoying it. Evidently, word has leaked to Trophy Whores that this is an easy plat because people are finishing it an hour-plus and the platinum completion rate is in this high 60s. It can be easy and cheap if you just want to cheat on the internet and look up the solutions. But why? The regular gameplay is so much fun!!

This one is a huge winner! Especially when you just want to play for a half hour or so. :platinum::platinum:!

Next Up: 11-11 Memories Retold

If you're enjoying this, I recommend Falcross if you have an iPhone/Pad, dunno if it's on Android. Essentially limitless numbers of these puzzles - hundreds of free ones and then there are thousands of user created ones (which can't be published unless they're provable without guesswork, so they're fair) and they just keep making more every day. And unlike the majority of mobile games it doesn't spam you with ads - in fact, there are no ads at all (and it's free!)

I was interested in this game but man the trophy whores have really dampened my excitement to ever play it. It's kinda like Jak, I loved those games, but once debug was found it feels kinda shameful to have them on my list even though I never actually used debug :(

• Like 4

15 hours ago, xFalionx said:

*snip*

L1f82b4.png

*snip*

This was my first PS4 game ever! Before playing the PS4 I played the demo on a retail shop and I really enjoyed it. Not one of the best games out there, but it really gorgeous and beautiful and unique. I also started on the hardest difficulty and had to lower because I started to get stuck on certain bosses.

I loved the fact the story was told through a poem, yet, it started to bore me a little, since the only thing I wanted was really brawling. Yeah, feels more tactical due to the interruption system, which is quite interesting and different from the RPGs I normally play.

Now, imagine getting this gorgeous thing to make you a first impression of a PS4 (alongside inFamous First Light), during the day, curtains close, no light and hearing the piano soundtrack. I am well capable of getting the Vita version and play it again.

Glad you enjoyed this one. :)

• Like 3

On 11/16/2018 at 7:16 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

Game #4: Kona (Final Day)

Lc94eba.png

Thanks for the review - added to my Watchlist!

(I think someone else played this in an earlier KYC).

On 11/18/2018 at 4:02 PM, madbuk said:

If you're enjoying this, I recommend Falcross if you have an iPhone/Pad, dunno if it's on Android. Essentially limitless numbers of these puzzles - hundreds of free ones and then there are thousands of user created ones (which can't be published unless they're provable without guesswork, so they're fair) and they just keep making more every day. And unlike the majority of mobile games it doesn't spam you with ads - in fact, there are no ads at all (and it's free!)

I was interested in this game but man the trophy whores have really dampened my excitement to ever play it. It's kinda like Jak, I loved those games, but once debug was found it feels kinda shameful to have them on my list even though I never actually used debug :(

Thanks for the heads-up! I just added it to my iPad. I'd say Pic-A-Pix is worth playing. Anyone who might scoff at it on your profile could be rebutted by how long it took you to plat it. This is by no means a My Name is Mayo blatant trophy whore bait. It's a legitimate game and people exploit the internet to speedrun it. And frankly, screw anyone who gets worried about what's on someone's else's profile.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 7:44 PM, Kevvik said:

Game #5: Obduction

Day 3 Impressions

Time played: 5.5 hrs

This one's been on my radar but is it more an earth game feel to it or more a space game feel? I just can't do space. Or at least sci-fi space.

I actually like real space stuff, just read a book on the Apollo 8 mission, which will celebrate its 50th year anniversary next month. Apollo 8, commanded by Frank Borman, made a bigger leap in the space race than any other mission. Prior to 8, no astronaut or cosmonaut had ever left earth's orbit ( roughly couple hundred miles). These guys went 200,000 (!) on their way to the Moon and they set the path forward for Apollo 11 to pull off its Lunar landing seven months later. 

Sorry to go off on a tangent, I thought Myst was pretty neat back in the days. 

7 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

This one's been on my radar but is it more an earth game feel to it or more a space game feel? I just can't do space. Or at least sci-fi space.

I actually like real space stuff, just read a book on the Apollo 8 mission, which will celebrate its 50th year anniversary next month. Apollo 8, commanded by Frank Borman, made a bigger leap in the space race than any other mission. Prior to 8, no astronaut or cosmonaut had ever left earth's orbit ( roughly couple hundred miles). These guys went 200,000 (!) on their way to the Moon and they set the path forward for Apollo 11 to pull off its Lunar landing seven months later. 

The game has a very Earth-ish feel as your environments, at first, seem to simulate an Earth environment. It is deceptive though, with the alien skyline and running into barrier-like obstructions apparently of alien rock but which transform into a continuation of your environment when you pass through them.

As the game progresses, your environment become more natural/unnatural though you warp back/forth between different regions/planets(?). It does a very good job of making the game environments familiar but unreliable so, if that makes sense. It's hard to trust if what you are experiencing is actual or just a manipulation of your senses, which is what I believe.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

You do end up in alien landscapes and such but your feet never leave the ground. At the beginning you end up on a piece of earth, an old mining town, that appears to have been teleported to a different planet based on what you can see outside the dome. The other worlds, in true Cyan fashion, are variations of the same. 

Also in Cyan fashion, everywhere is pretty much deserted. It's not about character interaction, it's about puzzle interaction. 

• Like 1