Kill Your Completion ∞

50 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@SyIaris How long did it take to complete the Comrades stuff in FF XV? I'm planning to start it after this event is over.

It took me about 36 hours, mostly with AI. If you want the better weapon stats, I'd suggest starting now and just doing the daily mission - you need six days total to buy the 30% buff. Takes... maybe 10-15 minutes counting loading screens?

You'd want an extra/otherwise unused character to use it on since completing anything generally gives you a new one, but items are shared across all characters - you can make it whenever.

Let me know if you want help getting past urgent missions or farming stuff or something. Haven't finished the rest of the DLC yet, so it's staying installed anyway.

10 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

It took me about 36 hours, mostly with AI. If you want the better weapon stats, I'd suggest starting now and just doing the daily mission - you need six days total to buy the 30% buff. Takes... maybe 10-15 minutes counting loading screens?

You'd want an extra/otherwise unused character to use it on since completing anything generally gives you a new one, but items are shared across all characters - you can make it whenever.

Let me know if you want help getting past urgent missions or farming stuff or something. Haven't finished the rest of the DLC yet, so it's staying installed anyway.

Thanks for the offer. @vin_rob should be able to help as well.

I have to wait till the Royal Edition arrives though. Buying the game again was cheaper than buying the DLC. I got the Royal Edition for just under 20€, whereas the Comrades DLC alone would be 20€. It should arrive on Wednesday.

On 24/11/2018 at 0:16 AM, Metal Slime King said:

I've never played Spyro the first time around but it looks like a good contender for a remaster, a game type that doesn't get made much anymore and it does look quite good. Crash Bandicoot was another good example of a game that hasn't been around for awhile that offers a different type of game than typically sees a big release now. Definitely better than another re-release of the Jak and Daxter trilogy. I know I could go the rest of my life never playing Jak 2 again. :awesome:

Yeah, they are simple games, yet at the time they were amazing, and they still are in my opinion. Sometimes, the greatest things and games are the most simple ones. Big titles nowadays are way different, they are more complex and bigger, yet I believe these remasters will always remember us about how simple things can be amazing as well.

What's the stress with Jak 2? Lol. I remember finishing the trilogy on PS2. I really liked the Jak games, even though Jak 2 way a tough, but I managed to go through it (Ok, I admit I used the "trick" to defeat the final boss). But yeah, won't get the re-release since it is the exact thing as the PS2 version, except for the trophies.

Like they did with Ratchet & Clank, it would be interesting the see the original first game rebooted/remastered at least... I would dig it!

17 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Out of curiosity, did you have trouble with the Ghost in the Machine mission? It crashed the game more than it cleared for me.

I don't remember having any crashing issues while playing. Worse that happened was I had to restart the game a couple of times because me and the people I was playing with lost network connection but only in the game and could only start missions with AI's until we restarted.

2 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

What's the stress with Jak 2?

I never played them when they first came out, I grabbed the trilogy pack for PS3. The first one was a light platformer that was alright but then for the second and third games they took the same cartoony characters and tried to slap them into a grim-dark setting and a game that focused more on combat than platforming and I didn't think it worked out very well. I didn't like those two games at all.

On 23/11/2018 at 9:23 PM, Kevvik said:

The idea of killing your completion is to, ideally, decrease your completion rate percentage.  Many of us will play a game and actively continue with it until we achieve the platinum or burn out on the game.

With this event, you pick 10 games (or some variant thereof) and play a new game every three days, with preferably 3 hrs+ gaming time, giving commentary on it as you go.  Ideally, these are not games that are too short and easily completed during the 3 day period.  This would be dependent on how much gaming time you have.  By the end, 10 games played in such a fashion should have dropped your completion rate as well as given the other participants information about the game that you played so they might add (or remove) a game from their backlog list.  Choosing 10 games to play in fairly quick succession also leads to some interesting choices as you might not otherwise get around to them in anything resembling a timely manner.

This is the 6th event I've participated in and I've dropped my CR each time, often taking until the next event to recover my completion rate before killing it again.  I've had games that I've been on the fence about that I've picked up afterwards based on feedback from other participants or conversely removed from my busy agenda due to very negative feedback.  I've also had games that several of us have played at the same time and enjoyed a variety of opinions at the same time, some of which agreed with my own, or were in conflict with it.  Exist Archive several events ago was a prime example where 4 or 5 different people all included it on their lists so we adjusted and all played it at the same time.  Not everyone experienced it the same way but the conversation was great.  Most of us also continue to post opinions about further work on the games we played during the event in the months following.

I've found the small community that has developed around these events to quite the enjoyable crew, though we certainly encourage new participants (and with that, new opinions), and I find myself looking forward to the next event shortly after the last has completed.

Got it, thanks for the information buddy. i shall repost my Platinums again :)

14 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

I never played them when they first came out, I grabbed the trilogy pack for PS3. The first one was a light platformer that was alright but then for the second and third games they took the same cartoony characters and tried to slap them into a grim-dark setting and a game that focused more on combat than platforming and I didn't think it worked out very well. I didn't like those two games at all.

Yeah, it is true that from the first game to the second they changed it completely. Not only the setting has changed, but even the gameplay, and yeah, like @xFalionx said it became GTA: Haven City. Well, I confess that even I the first game I played was the first at one of my friend's house the first game I owned at the time was Jak 3, maybe that is why I got used to the darkest setting.

I personally don't dislike it (I played the whole trilogy on PS2 including Jak X), I just share the same opinion that the jump from the first to the second was way to high. 

They probably got inspired on GTA and wanted to see if they got more audience, since platforming had already lots of games and contestants (even though they also had Crash Bandicoot!)

Maybe it was just me with my new brand PS2 with the hype for open world games like GTA, 

Even though my favourite Jak game was Jak X Combat Racing. I love racing and there is something about this game that makes love it. All the action and mainly the soundtrack are amazing.

• Like 2