Kill Your Completion ∞

11 hours ago, SyIaris said:

I seem to remember reviews on this being quite mixed, and I can see why. There's a somewhat insane number of collectibles with seemingly no way to track them (this is going to wind up being exactly like Thieves in Time with that one missing bottle, isn't it...), and you'll be fighting the camera at times.

People asked for a third Banjo game, and were upset when they actually got it - warts and all, without the improvements made by other games since Banjo-Tooie.

If all you expect is another Banjo game, with the same collectables, voices and camerawork, then you get what you want. I really enjoyed it (got distracted by a different gsme, I should go back to this soon - playing it on Switch though, the PS4 one is only on my card because I wanted to try it out to see if I was willing to pay full price for the Switch version).

My main gripe eith the game is that the side characters are so random and have nothing to do with the levels themselves or Yooka and Laylee's design. Like that female refrigerator that pops up everywhere.

11 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Sound is definitely hit or miss. Most of it seems to be great so far, but the first thing I did when they let me move was mute voices - they used Animal Crossing style "pronounce the letter and string it together" speech, but with harsher voices; I found it extremely grating. The second world is snowy, and they seem to have replaced the usual crunchy footsteps with squeaky toy noises. It's pretty funny.

Sound is actually pretty much how they did it in Banjo, up to and including the "eh-uhh-eh" voices. It's a love it or hate it deal, I guess.

• Like 1

I won't be able to test Shiness Kingdom on time since I have a little tight schedule this week, so I'll swap it with Cosmic Star Heroine, for the Vita, which I already started yesterday (1 hour of gameplay so far). I will try my best to do the review tomorrow. If not, I will probably do it the 2nd of December as soon as I get the chance.

7 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

The battle system is pretty fun. Though it mainly consists of mashing :circle:, until you need to heal or warp.

Psst. But, for if/when you continue the Comrades DLC: you can comfortably hold :circle: to continuously attack. 

(I noticed that... 16 hours into the game maybe :awesome:)

• Like 1

@DamagingRob Re: Comrades.

After you beat one of the characters from the main game a new mission shows up in it's own tab where you play as one of the 4 main game characters in a mission set in the future. There's actually a trophy for playing through this mission using all 4 characters. It's actually beneficial to get that out of the way sooner than later as when you play that you get a party with set levels and your character level doesn't matter. Although you don't get any XP or Kw for doing this mission you do get some good item drops. You are guaranteed to get an item that will put Poisontouch X on a weapon. I put this on the crossbow I got from either Ignis or Prompto and that was go to weapon for me for the first half of the game or so. I'd start with that and get poison stuck on enemies before switching over to melee until my stats got so high I didn't really care about applying poison any more. There's a chance you will get a club weapon to drop from the evil wall enemy in that mission which upgrades to Thor's Hammer which is a pretty good early game weapon to grab if you can.

Edited by Metal Slime King
  • Like 1

@Metal Slime King I think I did that mission with Noctis, unless there is more than one future mission. So, I may have that. I have an Ogre Hammer now that does pretty good damage. I don't know if I want to farm this other one, though I need to complete that mission with everyone for a trophy, so... Guess I could try to get it in the process. 

On 11/29/2018 at 3:27 PM, Metal Slime King said:

After you beat one of the characters from the main game a new mission shows up in it's own tab where you play as one of the 4 main game characters in a mission set in the future. There's actually a trophy for playing through this mission using all 4 characters. It's actually beneficial to get that out of the way sooner than later as when you play that you get a party with set levels and your character level doesn't matter. Although you don't get any XP or Kw for doing this mission you do get some good item drops. You are guaranteed to get an item that will put Poisontouch X on a weapon. I put this on the crossbow I got from either Ignis or Prompto and that was go to weapon for me for the first half of the game or so. I'd start with that and get poison stuck on enemies before switching over to melee until my stats got so high I didn't really care about applying poison any more. There's a chance you will get a club weapon to drop from the evil wall enemy in that mission which upgrades to Thor's Hammer which is a pretty good early game weapon to grab if you can.

You actually do get kW for completing this mission unless they changed it a few days ago, since I just recently got the trophy for completing it with all four of them. It's around 5,000, so it helps to do it early on.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2018 at 1:52 PM, dizzyshadow said:

Finally I can't believe the platinum rate of this game , over 50% of the people on this site who have played the game have the platinum, i appreciate this isn't the hardest game in the world but it does require 100% completion which i think is credit to the quality of the game that people want to play it to the end.

It's not the quality of the game, it's an easy platinum combined with a relatively small open world and every side thing you need right there on the map. On PSN the platinum rate is around 11%. Open world games in general have a higher than average completion rate if there's no trophy for the difficulty level. Given the relatively short time in which Spider-Man can be completed, I actually would have thought its completion rate would be higher than it is.

Not that I'm calling Spider-Man a bad game (I thought it was flawed, but still pretty good), I'm just giving a bit more context.

@Edunstar84 I bought Hollow Knight day one on Switch. Still need to play it some time...

@xFalionx I also cared less than I thought I should for Spy Chameleon. Still haven't finished it.

@MarkusT1992 I loved Octodad! I've got fond memories of it, and when it released on Switch last year I rebought it right away.

• Like 1