Kill Your Completion ∞

9 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Just saw this. I would advise to not play the game on the Vita but on the PS3 instead. Starting from the halfway point (the last few sections of level 4) the game introduces some vials you have to use to influence your surroundings. To give you a visual indication of how you influenced the surroundings the devs places various lamps in the levels which try to help you. And it seems like the Vita-version is lacking some of those lamps in a few levels which gives you a way harder time to figure out what to do. My personal guess is that the devs decided to remove some of those lamps as they are rather tiny on the Vita-screen and overall it seems like they reduced the FoV when comparing the Vita-screen to solutions based on the X360/PC-version. <_< 

Thanks for the warning. I can't really tell how important this is but I guess I'll just have to decide on the fly when to play it and what to play it on since I get the majority of my playtime from Monday to Friday during transit, that's why I'd like to have as many Vita games as possible on my list.  

6 hours ago, markie816 said:

First event in PSNProfiles I will enter.

Just randomised the games from my way too big backlog.

This is gonna be my list for the next month:

1. Malicious (ps3)
2. Tearaway Unfolded (ps4)
3. Helldivers (ps4)
4. VVVVVV (ps4)
5. Kickbeat (ps3)

You definitely chose a good event to start with. The people here are pretty great and everyone's usually pretty talkative in here so it's no surprise that this is usually my favorite event on these forums (well, maybe besides a certain event called the Official PSNP Song Vote that used to be hosted by @Dav9834 eons ago, or so the legend goes).

Have fun with VVVVVV. I played it on Steam a couple years ago and thought it was pretty good, though it's probably gonna be a pain to 100% it unless you're very good at platformers since there's a trophy that requires you to finish the game without dying and it's pretty easy to die in this game. Looking forward to your review. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

Thanks for the warning. I can't really tell how important this is but I guess I'll just have to decide on the fly when to play it and what to play it on since I get the majority of my playtime from Monday to Friday during transit, that's why I'd like to have as many Vita games as possible on my list.  

Some of the lamps can be crucial in a few levels, but overall it should be doable. The good thing is that the game uses Cross-Save so you are able to play those levels on the big screen should you get stuck.

• Like 1

Well, I know my first bonus game for the event...

L62e251.png

Right now I am enjoying Starlink on the Switch so much, I've decided to play it on PS4 too (and to buy the Neptune and Nadir packs). Putting it as a bonus game because 1) Thanks to playing on the Switch I already know a lot about it, and 2) I'm going to try and see if the missus will join in, which means I'll have no idea when we'll start and/or finish this.

Which makes me remember I never responded to this:

On 19/10/2018 at 6:41 PM, xFalionx said:

I would never take out something as expensive and well known as the switch in public transit. I feel like playing on a switch would make you a prime target for pickpockets, while a Vita would barely even get recognized. But then again, there's people running around with their 1000$ iPhone X, so maybe it's not that bad.

Remembered your post this morning when I was gaming during my commute. Seeing as I'm a guy, I'm tall with a broad build, and I don't live in a bad city/neighborhood, I have no problems with playing on the Switch in public transportation.

On 21/10/2018 at 10:39 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@Kassandra If you end up liking Superhot on the VR, you would probably like Raw Data as well. It's pretty much a game of protect the base from waves of enemies or survival, but you get the same satisfaction of throwing your sword or headshotting someone with a bow as you do getting an epic kill on Superhot. I've been having a blast with it... Especially using the katana. Lol

I'll take note for when I decide what I think about SUPERHOT VR, and when I don't have as much of a PSVR backlog.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Some of the lamps can be crucial in a few levels, but overall it should be doable. The good thing is that the game uses Cross-Save so you are able to play those levels on the big screen should you get stuck.

In that case I'll probably just jump back and forth between PS3 and Vita depending on what fits the needs of the current situation. This should actually be a pretty fun experience since it will be the first time I'll make use of Cross-Save for its intended purpose.

3 hours ago, Kassandra said:

Remembered your post this morning when I was gaming during my commute. Seeing as I'm a guy, I'm tall with a broad build, and I don't live in a bad city/neighborhood, I have no problems with playing on the Switch in public transportation.

That's a fair point. When I started visiting a school in the largest nearby city I used to think it was very common to get robbed in these places but after more than a year I've never even heard of a single case of that actually happening. I guess my views on these kinds of things are pretty exaggerated but I just have trouble trusting strangers around me to be better than that.

I should probably join this time around... I have a lot of games I mean to try that I just haven't gotten to due to a lack of gaming time. The 3 hours thing might be a stretch (trying to balance work, sleep, and an 18mo old is tricky) but I will look through my backlog at home to tonight. 

Umm... I know you said they shouldn't all be short games, unfortunately I do think most of the games I want to try these days fall into that category simply because I realistically know I don't have much playtime to get into the bigger AAA things lately so I don't really have many bigger games in the backlog. My looked forward to games are things like Never Alone, Murdered: Soul Suspect, and Aven Colony. 

Would this be a problem? I could throw Witcher 3 into the list, although I did play an hour or two of it on the Xbox a year or so ago, but haven't played any of it on the PS4. Only other AAA games I have that I didn't start are Dragon Age: Inquisition (don't really want to start until I finish at least one playthrough of Origins), Skyrim (already Plat on the PS3), and Far Cry... 5 I think (which I started but didn't really care for that game play style so never got far enough for a trophy, loved the intro though). 

2 minutes ago, SolarCat02 said:

Umm... I know you said they shouldn't all be short games, unfortunately I do think most of the games I want to try these days fall into that category simply because I realistically know I don't have much playtime to get into the bigger AAA things lately so I don't really have many bigger games in the backlog. My looked forward to games are things like Never Alone, Murdered: Soul Suspect, and Aven Colony. 

Would this be a problem? I could throw Witcher 3 into the list, although I did play an hour or two of it on the Xbox a year or so ago, but haven't played any of it on the PS4. Only other AAA games I have that I didn't start are Dragon Age: Inquisition (don't really want to start until I finish at least one playthrough of Origins), Skyrim (already Plat on the PS3), and Far Cry... 5 I think (which I started but didn't really care for that game play style so never got far enough for a trophy, loved the intro though). 

As far as I know the rule about short games is more of a rule of thumb and meant for people who have a lot of time on their hands, so they end up completing their 5-15 <10-hour games during or very shortly after the event. I don't think there should be any problem with busy people playing a couple shorter games. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SolarCat02 said:

I should probably join this time around... I have a lot of games I mean to try that I just haven't gotten to due to a lack of gaming time. The 3 hours thing might be a stretch (trying to balance work, sleep, and an 18mo old is tricky) but I will look through my backlog at home to tonight. 

The "restriction" on short games, is mainly to avoid people immediately completing all the games they start during the event. Personally, what games everyone picks is up to them, so long as they haven't gotten a trophy in them yet.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SolarCat02 said:

Short games are fine as long as your not 100%ing all of them.  My entire last five games will need to be on the shorter side based on scheduling, Thanksgiving, etc., etc.

Usually, I look at my monthly planner and try to fit bigger games into the three-day time slots in which I have some ample time to invest into the game.  Short games work well when my playing time will be nil. And if you have an 18-month-old, your free time is definitely sparse!   ;)

• Like 1

ok I am interested in doing this so here are my 5-7 games (If you won't count #6/#7, I'll just do #1-#5)

(1) Uncharted #2

(2) Uncharted #3

(3) Mad Max

(4) Red Dead Redemption 2 (I'll be purchasing this on Nov 1st)

(5) Heavy Rain

(6) The Walking Dead - Season 01 (PS4)

(7) The Wold Among Us (PS4)

I'd like to substitute #5 with Evil Within (only have 2 trophies/1% completion) -- is there any way I can get an exception from this since I'll be starting over anyways?

Edited by dokkanexpert
added two more games

9 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

ok I am interested in doing this so here are my 5-7 games (If you won't count #6/#7, I'll just do #1-#5)

(1) Uncharted #2

(2) Uncharted #3

(3) Mad Max

(4) Red Dead Redemption 2 (I'll be purchasing this on Nov 1st)

(5) Heavy Rain

(6) The Walking Dead - Season 01 (PS4)

(7) The Wold Among Us (PS4)

I'd like to substitute #5 with Evil Within (only have 2 trophies/1% completion) -- is there any way I can get an exception from this since I'll be starting over anyways?

As I've already stated in previous inquiries regarding this, there will be no exceptions regarding that rule. There are plenty of events that focus on continuing previously started games (like the backlog challenges).

• Like 1

So here is my list in order I'm going to play the games.

1st-4th: Life is Strange

5th-8th: Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

9th-12th: Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

13th-16th: Kona

17th-20th: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

21st-24th: Cosmic Star Heroine

25th-28th: Octodad: Dadliest Catch

• Like 2

7 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

The "restriction" on short games, is mainly to avoid people immediately completing all the games they start during the event. Personally, what games everyone picks is up to them, so long as they haven't gotten a trophy in them yet.

Awesome, thank you! 

I will hopefully have a moment or two this weekend to go through the downloaded games in my "Not Started" folder and pick a small assortment. I have a few in mind but I want to make sure I pick an assortment of genres at least. 

Thank you for understanding, was worried I wouldn't be able to participate unless I picked games I didn't really want to play or something. It's tough enough to get Playstation time in, especially since the 18 month old is now demanding some PS4 time too. 

(Not that she can play it herself, but "Watch car ball ROCKALEE peas?" is a common request these days. I got a bit desperate to distract her one night and now she is a big fan of the Collegiate Rocket League tournament they are running this month... So I have been needing to run a lot of spectator matches in the Aquadome (Fishy! Car! Car! BALL! Shark! Car! GOAAAAAAL! Yayyy! Car!) to get her fix in on the nights they don't stream. I don't know if I am a terrible parent or an awesome one for that but it is what it is). 

• Like 1

Will join the event, gives me some more reasons to pick new games for colour by games event.

will update post or post my list this evening.

thinking about murdered soul suspect, LA noire, LOTR war in the north all for ps3. And maybe some vita titles. As stated will post a proper list later today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SolarCat02 said:

Awesome, thank you! 

I will hopefully have a moment or two this weekend to go through the downloaded games in my "Not Started" folder and pick a small assortment. I have a few in mind but I want to make sure I pick an assortment of genres at least. 

Thank you for understanding, was worried I wouldn't be able to participate unless I picked games I didn't really want to play or something. It's tough enough to get Playstation time in, especially since the 18 month old is now demanding some PS4 time too. 

(Not that she can play it herself, but "Watch car ball ROCKALEE peas?" is a common request these days. I got a bit desperate to distract her one night and now she is a big fan of the Collegiate Rocket League tournament they are running this month... So I have been needing to run a lot of spectator matches in the Aquadome (Fishy! Car! Car! BALL! Shark! Car! GOAAAAAAL! Yayyy! Car!) to get her fix in on the nights they don't stream. I don't know if I am a terrible parent or an awesome one for that but it is what it is). 

No worries. Parents have free time, when the little one is doing his/hers sporadic nap time. Whatever keeps them happy, right?

P.S.: At least those tournaments tend to have the actual players muted. Otherwise she might end up swearing like a sailor.

A heads-up to all the new participants

Make sure to get your games installed and patched before the event starts. Otherwise you might end up spending the 1st day of each game looking at the download tickers for patches.

Careful with starting up some of the games as they might have trophies that pop for entering a menu (Ride), watching the intro scene (Disgaea 3)).

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SolarCat02 said:

You're a great parent. Some of my fondest memories I have of my parents were back from when they used to spend the whole day playing Zelda OoT with (or rather for) me. Later on it was always playing Mario Kart with my mom and talking about Jak and Daxter. I just kinda feel like they stopped caring about me when my little brothers were born but I continued the trend with my brothers, as I was always playing tonnes of games for them until they were about 8 and started playing them by themselves. Thanks to that I've beaten Wind Waker like 11 times by now. :D 

Just make sure you make some time to keep up old traditions with all of your children instead of silently dropping them if you ever intend to get your girl some siblings. Also, you should really make sure she is supervised while in the internet. My brothers picked up most of their swear words on YouTube and always came to us with very weird recipes they saw in some videos because they were unsupervised. Kids hate it and I would have hated it back in the day but I think in today's day and age it is pretty important at least until a certain age when they are harder to influence by outside factors.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2018 at 4:31 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

Just a reminder to those that have yet to post a list or part of it.

@XX_FTW missing 2 Vita games

Ah yes... what to choose, what to choose.

Let’s add Unit13 and Code: Realize Future Blessings. Hmm, I guess most of my games are relatively short but I never finish anything anyway... Come to think of it: I’m pretty sure I haven’t finished any of the ones in the wake of the last time I played along... maybe one or two and, if so, entirely by accident, I assure you.

Do you need a hard order of play? I only really know LD will be last and Deemo probably first.

Do we still get hairflip gifs? ?

(I just reread this for typos and... I’ve been reading classics lately. “I assure you” ugh. Posting it anyway!)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

Ah yes... what to choose, what to choose.

Let’s add Unit13 and Code: Realize Future Blessings. Hmm, I guess most of my games are relatively short but I never finish anything anyway... Come to think of it: I’m pretty sure I haven’t finished any of the ones in the wake of the last time I played along... maybe one or two and, if so, entirely by accident, I assure you.

Do you need a hard order of play? I only really know LD will be last and Deemo probably first.

Do we still get hairflip gifs? 1f601.png

(I just reread this for typos and... I’ve been reading classics lately. “I assure you” ugh. Posting it anyway!)

Nah, order of play isn't set in stone for anyone. Just more of getting the games listed. I'm also Ok with folks changing games in their list throughout the event, as the PS Plus announcement will only be on the 1st of next month. I'd just prefer people already giving out a list so that the OP is up to date when the event starts.

So long as you don't start writing in Shakespearean, I'm good :P .

Also, does this qualify?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by voodoo_eyes